Adventure Time Forums

Monday 7:00 PM on Cartoon NetworkIn Season

Why do people like this?

Do you like Adventure Time?

supertdifan27

[101]Jan 15, 2011
    • level: 6

Its unpredictable and never repeats any humor.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jasmine_

[102]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 9
    This show is good because it's not supposed to make sense. It's all about random nonsense + saving pricesses, fighting weird creatures and other adventure stuff. I'm not the biggest fan of it, but I watch this show always I can just for the hell of it. It's something pretty decent and refreshing among the new crappy shows Cartoon Network has been promoting lately.

Evil

[103]Jan 28, 2012
    • level: 3

It is ok but it is not one of the greatest shows on Cartoon Network,i don't see why people like this show because it is not an all time favorite.

metalwulf77

[105]Mar 3, 2012
    why is it good? theres LOADS of reasons! although some things take a little bit of deeper looking to find...

*The art
    -its adorable,colorful,and simple. it stands out amongst other shows just by that alone

*dumb humor
    -sometimes it very silly and makes you go, "whaaaaaa...?", but it still manges to make me giggle

*THe fact that its super strange
    -in a good way
    -It kind of restores your imagination to you,... like when you were a kid! makes you think up strange monsters and silly stories(more important if your an artist like myself)

*character development
    -most people watch it and go "wtf?!?!?!" And dont look to far into it
    -....but when you do you see characters with full personalilties and histories, unlike most other cartoons
    -this takes alot of time to find though, ive been watching it for awhile, so its easier for me to see

*LOTS of innuendos
    -sometimes you need to put your perv hat on, but you can find a sexual innuendo in just about EVERY episode

but in the end, it is JUST a silly cartoon, and just like EVERYTHING else on earth, not everyone can find a reason to enjoy it

OldSkoolTV

[106]Mar 9, 2012
    • level: 1
    This is a good show. Most people have to understand that the good old days are gone. This is a new generation of cartoon. I like this show because it is actually worth watching instead of shows that has served it's purpose like Spongebob. Don't get me wrong, I like spongebob but it is time to put it to rest.

wkad

[107]Mar 14, 2012

I like this show, it is so random and sometimes funny. If you don't like it, then it's okay. People are different anyways.

Thunder113

[108]Apr 10, 2012
    • level: 5

Doriguin wrote:

Considering the current condition of cartoons, this is very recommendable. The feel of this show in particular is that of a classic Cartoon Network program, but with a very interesting and contemporary accession. The theme has been seen before, but there's enough originality to make it something different and engaging. The humor is that of classic cartoon antics, which are a wonderful change from the toilet humor that themes many other recent cartoons. I'm very curious to see where this show takes their viewers next. Since the show hasn't completed its first season, I don't really understand how one could derive complete unconstructive criticism this early on. Such early negativity comes off as being mostly impulsive and one-dimensional. I would wait for the first season to reach full completion before trying to state such criticism in depth. Once completed, it's advisable to re-watch all the episodes and take notes to properly pinpoint the undesirable areas of the show.

...Wow. Just comparing this show to the classic CN shows is ABSOLUTELY insulting to the classics. The show has more adult jokes and inappropriate toilet humor than I've ever seen in ANY CN show. I understand the quote was done a long time ago, but seriously. I gave this show several chances and watch multiple episodes and every single one of them were horrendous. The art quality is poor (except for the colors. the colors are crisp and vibrant), the characters are annoying (especially Finn and Lumpy Space Princess) and some are hard to look at, the concept of the show is pretty unimaginative and it basically seems like the whole thing was inspired by a bad acid trip, like most of CN's recent shows. It also tries to make new "catch phrases" like "shmowzow" or any random word that they can get they're 3 year olds can think of, trying to come up with a word that will catch on, but fails every time. I will admit this though, once in a while, they do come up with interesting plots, such as the City of Thieves and the first half-hour special. Unfortunately, the most important part of a sandwich is what's between the bread, and Adventure Time lacks it entirely. Another thing is that. Very few shows are able to get away with the random, push-the-envelope content, like Ren & Stimpy, and Adventure Time fails in every aspect. I respect everyone's opinion, but the sooner this show is canceled, the better.

Evil

[109]Aug 7, 2012
    That's the reason why the old 90s CN will always be the best

Detta

[110]Oct 18, 2012

I don't know about the others but I can only speak for myself. For awhile CN did go downhill as it got rid of a lot of its original cartoon programming that made it unique and worth watching. I can understand that some things they wanted to end before it got stale but the things that they replaced them with was dull and uninspiring and if you looked at it close enough basically rehashes of what we've seen before.

I won't even say anything about the horrors that is the Toonami fiasco, even though they've brought it back it's still the same stuff I'm always so bored on Saturday night.

Anyhow for Adventure Time I can't fully explain my fascination with it but at the same time I can't really understand how Spongebob or Pokemon managed to make it for so long, but then again I was a dedicated watcher of Animaniacs and Freakazoid. The animation is different and lively, the jokes and the writing are funny and if not that it is at least entertaining and I rather like that the writers are rather interactive with the fans. And most of all that it doesn't talk down on the audience, trust me I've seen enough of that and it ticks me off.

But I really do like the set up for it. For all of those saying that it's nothing unique I find that it is, looking beyond what is said and what they do look instead at the surroundings and the backgrounds. It's amazing that such a lively colorful world came about following the destruction of our own or a world like our own. Sprinkled into these silly places are hints of old cars, subway stations, fallout shelters, TVs, and so on, it's the adventures in the reconstructed world where mankind is nearly extinct all because of war and possibly a meteor. They don't dwell on it much but once in awhile it's mentioned and I watch looking into it and looking for more hints of that past as well as how they are living in their present time.

AT can be funny, entertaining, tragic, creepy, engaging, deep, touching, random, and a lot more that extends beyond Finn and Jake just having adventures or just saving the many princesses. After the 'I Remember You' episode AT has achieved greatness with the writing and I predict that one going on to be nominated and perhaps winning some award. But you have to have an understanding of the two key characters to really have this episode hit you or be in a similar situation.

Again this is just my opinion. I'm not upset that some people don't like it as long as they aren't rude about it and can respect the fact that others just do.

Edited on 10/21/2012 11:53pm

MarcyAndSimon

[111]Apr 14, 2013

Adventure Time is my favorite series on cartoon network currently. It's not just a bunch of unfunny random crap like you said. The show has an amazing storyline and most of the humor is hilarious, which is why most people enjoy this show. In addition, this show is very interesting. Interesting in how Ooo first came to be, which was the result of a major nuclear war, called the great Mushroom War. Now I can't see how "FanBoy and ChumChum" or any other crappy shows related to it have a great storyline. I completely disagree with what you have said.

Ayranci

[112]Apr 16, 2013
    • level: 17

I don't think this show is bad. It's decent for me. This show makes me laugh sometimes. I thinkIce King and Gunter are the funniest characters in this show. It's not a perfect show for me and I'mnot a huge fan of this showbecause some episodes are reallyboring and unfunny and somecharacters' voicesareannoying.

SethDannyD

[113]Jul 5, 2013
    I wish I grew up with Adventure Time as a child. It's just so innovitive and even as an adult today I think it is just brilliant and genuinely funny. This is coming from a person who also loves Breaking Bad & The Wire, its colourful, happy and funny.

Marshalleetime

[114]Oct 4, 2013

i cant say why I love this show so much but I am a die hard fan! Everything about Adventure time is super generic storyline and generic archtypes. Though if you think about it so is inuyasha and everyone loves that right? Perhaps Adventure time just has a very good formula and currently they do not have a lot of good shows on tv besides this. I mean what else are people going to watch? MLP.

Oldnickolodeon34

[115]Nov 12, 2013
    • level: 8

[/QUOTE]

To me it just seems stupid and unfunny. I've seen a couple episodes and it just doesn't make me laugh. It's one thing for a show to be stupid, as I can be ok with that as long as it's funny, but this, to me at least, is stupid AND unfunny. I have no problem with people liking this, I just want to know why

[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU! I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds this show overrated, though I don't actly hate this .

kristinatodd77

[116]Jun 9, 2014

I have watched almost every episode of adventure time and I like it a lot well duh .i like adventure time because of the back story the drama and humor that's hard to find and adventure time is better then sponge bob and sponge bob creeps me out a little because of the nuke theory.

kristinatodd77

[117]Jun 9, 2014

I have watched almost every episode of adventure time and I like it a lot well duh .i like adventure time because of the back story the drama and humor that's hard to find and adventure time is better then sponge bob and sponge bob creeps me out a little because of the nuke theory.