Adventure Time

Cartoon Network Premiered Apr 05, 2010 In Season

TVTome_Shadow

Adventure Time Fan Reviews (211)

7.7
  • Adventure Time is what it is!!

First off I think Adventure Time is fine with younger kids it teachers them to go outside to be active by swinging around, jumping, listening to the different noises of nature and just being kids, I do also know that in Adventure Time Finn & Jake can get rough, but Finn & Jake say in their own way "Their is no need for violence all the

I think we need to sometimes see the good in things and kids may think that fighting is the result to their problem but that's when elder siblings, parents & adults can help the kids show them that the show is about going outside, having fun, being active & it shows you can have fun anywhere!!

So as a conclusion I think its fare to say if you like Adventure Time cool, if you don't like Adventure Time good for you. Why does it matter if someone likes Adventure Time or not, it's fun to watch, children will get outside more, they will ask their Mum and Dad questions & they will be active which is the most important thing!

Thanks for reading my opinion.
  • THE SHOW is now crap and innapropeot at this point.. and the WORSTE ART IN THE HISTORY OF ART

At this point, adventure time is really inappropriate for younger viewers. Adventure time manage to crap every episode.. Kids are very curious, and back 2013 or 2012, kids heard that word.. tier 15, Normally kid would say, eh i don't care, but they really wanted to know... then the poor soul ACTUALLY FOUND OUT IT WAS... and love games... was referencing ***.. AND KIDS WOULD KNOW THIS? Adventure time is not interesting nor good art.. and they have very poor development also. So if i can give them a rating 1 to 10, i would give it to -infinity.. :/ this show only influence kids and or adults to be as stupid as Finn and run around kissing fire.. :l and in conclusion, the show is just shet and it's poorly developed with both art and the show itself. sorry fans but your shet to me and the 63,213 people who hates this piece shet. #adventuretimeisPURESHET
  • Adventure Time is good

Adventure time is phenomenal! It teaches you to go outside and enjoy yourself. Finn and Jake show you the great aspects of the outdoors and surviving. Both of teach you that people can't judge you by the way you act. I fell in love with this show when I saw the true meaning of it. Just because the show is weird doesn't mean anything. I am weird and if you don't like it don't judge me! I fell in love with this show because of the sadness in it. When I saw the show Betty,Simon and Marcy, and I remember you it touched my heart and I started crying. So please don't get angry and judge me because I'm showing my feelings and if they cancel this show it would just break my heart.
  • Nothing but a teen drama with fart jokes sprinkled on top, with unfunniness being the icing to the cake.

This is the second worst show on the network, only to be beaten by Legends of Chima. Grojband was initially the worst but that show got cancelled and pulled off the network so I'm not counting that show anymore.

I used to like this show but that was when I was much younger. I'm lots older now and I'm old enough to realize this show is nothing but an unfunny fart-festival for teens ages 16-19. I don't even see where they're trying to make jokes in this show besides fart jokes and gross out humor.

I should say something about the animation. Oh my god, the animation. It looks very cheap. It's like the animators just wanted to get the animation over with and drew two dots and a line on the characters faces. It seems they were too lazy to animate noses.

All the characters seem to be teens. The main character's a teen, the pink princess is a teen, the vampire is a teen, I think the only thing that's not a teen in this show is the dog. But he acts like one so maybe he's a teen too.

The premise is really dumb. The protagonist has no parents and goes on adventures with a dog unaccompanied by an adult which is really dangerous. The whole premise of the candy kingdom is stupid.

If these people want to have themselves a good show, they should see something like Regular Show. That show doesn't have any teen drama. If they want to do something like this, they should make it a children's show for Nick Jr. and give the protagonist parents. They shouldn't have bothered doing this.

I heard the show is getting a seventh season. Hopefully that season is the last one because this show doesn't deserve to go on that long. It should have just stayed a pilot. The pilot doesn't rely on teen humor and it's not fart jokes. For some reason they made the show into a teen friendly show with fart jokes. The show would work for a children's cartoon, but not as a CN show for teens. Hopefully season 7 is the last season. I'm tired of some of the things CN's giving us.
  • adventure time is annoying

because it is a annoyance and i can't stand he just found his dad and his dad was not what he turned out to be what he thought his dad was.

the show is just terrible since the very first 0 out 5 stars,-0/100 and two thumbs down way because of this show that cartoon network is in such bad shape.
  • Creative and funny show, just what CN needs

CN is finally getting its charm back. Since the disappearance of classic CN shows (Codename: KND, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Ed, Edd n Eddy, My Gym Partner's a Monkey and others), CN has really declining in quality shows. This 'Adventure Time' brings the flow back. Every episode is a masterpiece, crafted amazingly. The story is also without a doubt, fantastic. It's cast of colorful characters are rich in personality and have a lot to tell. The only complaint is the running time. I mean, 11 minutes isn't enough. Still, it's an awesome show.
  • Bring back the old shows, Cartoon Network!

This show sucks total balls. At least 90s shows never had shows like this. Did the person who made this smoke crack?!
  • One of the most cleverest shows: Basicly made up Bravest Warriors amd Coco's Life.

Adventure Time is one of those rare shows you find with lots of adult and random humor. This show isn't shoving every episode down your throat like Spongebob. This show has lots of charm and color. If you love Coco's Life and you are part of randomness. This is the show for you. The characters are Ice King!) They have wonderful backstories, and probaly the songs are the most cleverest. All of the episodes have bromance. (In a good way, not a bad way like Breadwinners So yeah. A good show to watch when you are in a bad mood.
  • Awesome

Really great show. Makes me laugh and is really creative. Characters are very likable. Bravo!
  • AT RULES!

Adventure time is great. I personally have watched every single episode of AT since the very beginning, so you can call me an expert. Of course if you have only watched one episode of AT, you don't really know what the show is about, and because of the shows awesomeness, you might just think its too weird. But believe it or not, but AT has an amazing storyline about a young boy and his dog that goes on great adventures, and helps people. The show has a lot of ups and downs, and it also has a mysterious back story, that we are about to find more about. But what i mean with this comment, is that AT is a wonderful show, and its NOT just for stoners!!
  • Overrated

This show is stupid, again it makes you feel like your high on drugs. It also has ugly designs and only occasionally have farting.
  • This show is Mathmatical

At first, I didn't want to watch this show because of the animation, but I watched one and realized my horrible mistake. This among one of the best shows on CN, and is almost as good as Regular Show (though my favorite between the two is Regular Show).

The show is humorous, set in a fantasy world, the main villain Ice King is very complex when you think about it, I enjoy Finn and Jake's adventures. The only time this show shows any darkness is when the Lich is the main villain of the episode.

Overall, this show is amazing and it is one of the shows that redeems CN in spite of all the crap they've aired like Incredible Crew. and Uncle Grandpa.

• First 3 Seasons were good but Seasons 4-Present are awful!

3.5
    I Liked The First 3 Seasons but this show jumped the shark at Season 4!

3.5 out of 10
  • I dont get it

How is this funny?
  • Fun to watch.

A fun show with action and adventure for boys and drama and romance for girls. Probably the one of shows appropriate to let kids watch on Cartoon Network. It teaches kids about bravery and it makes you think for a while. Also, it is not one of those shows where all it shows is butts and farts like everything on Nickelodeon. It actually shows a story. However, some episodes are dark and pointless. They are kind of disturbing and makes your eyes hurt. But there are perks. It doesn't give kids bad ideas. In fact, they get kids more creative with there imagination. A good show that people would recommend.
  • Fun to watch, but overrated

I like Adventure Time. It's colorful, quirky, and entertaining. Both kids and adults can find something to like about it. But do I think it deserves all the praise it gets? Not really. It's not an amazing show, just a good one.
  • i never really watched it.

back then, it was really popular, but i wasnt allowed 2 watch it. now that it doesnt matter, i dont really like it. ill watch it if theres nothing better on.
  • What time is it? Cancel Time!

3.5
    The show is crappy, characters are rarely funny, and the plots are stupid and random. I won't be too harsh on the show though because there were a few good episodes. So this show is lucky I didn't give them a 1.0
  • This show has, writers, likable characters, and even development

Okay, I really love this show, to start off with, but I do love it for good reasons. First off, one of the most notable thing about this show is that it proves cartoon network has a little something called WRITERS! In comparison to more recent shows on Nickelodeon (With the exception of Korra) it seems that Nickelodeon is struggling with writers. This show, has prime examples of good writing such as episodes like Thank you, It came form the Night o sphere, Holly Jolly Secrets II, Fionna and Cake, Lady and Peebles, What was Missing, and I Remember You. Also, here's a bit of an FYI It's not ripoff of Flapjack and Regular Show. Flapjack ended in August of 2010, and Regular Show premiered in September of 2010. Adventure time's pilot episode aired in 2008 and the first official series episode aired in April of 2010.

Second, the characters are just awesome but they develop as well. At first Finn is just some happy go lucky guy who just loves adventure, but then he finds himself and develops as the show goes along, especially since he's at a time when he's coming of age. Other times he can be relatable to certain moments, such as the pain of being friend zoned, sticking up to your buds, or even making sacrifices in the end.

For Jake, he acts as sort of a guide and father figure for Finn. Aside form being an awesome shape shifting dog he also serves as a voice of reason for Finn, manages to help him feel better in tough times and even has some advice that can be applied to real life. Such as, Suckin' at something is the first step to being sorta good at something. Then there's BMO, it's just super adorable, it's little songs and actions it does alone are so cute. Sometimes BMO centered episodes are also some of the best and the little robot manages to put a smile on your face. When we talk about female characters Princess Bubble gum is one of the more underrated, she's actually smart, motherly, and sometimes can be a bit of a kick ass character. Sure she did get kidnapped, but you look forward to the adventure Finn and Jake go through in order to rescue her. She's certainly better than most kidnapped princesses, and actually throws some cliches out the window. Continuing with female characters, Marceline is by far my favorite. When it comes to her she's certainly not your typical vampire but she does prove that when you live for 1000 years and you're the queen of vampires you can do whatever you want to do. But then we find out some more thing about her that make her relatable, such as having difficulties with your father even if it is over trivial things, losing a friend you knew from long ago, having said friend that lost his memory of you, or having a significant other that betrays you. Now we get to the Ice king, at first he's the cliche kidnap the princess villain but we then find out he's very funny and not really so menacing. It's as if he's trying to be a nice guy with girls but fails at it and it's funny. I would post more about him but that just leaves room for major spoilers. Overall this show is not perfect, but it still has good writing, good music, memorable characters, and good stories.

However, if you think this show is crappy, may I remind you of Uncle Grandpa?
  • great a bit short

i really love this show but it its a bit the fan base is immature oh and by the way guys if you dont know the plot of this here it is "Before the war, human civilization was prevalent throughout much of what is known now as Ooo. Although the cause of the war remains unknown, its name suggests that nuclear weapons were heavily used in the conflict. This is supported in "Holly Jolly Secrets Part II," where one of Simon Petrikov's video diaries shows a plane flying outside his window. Although the scenery outside his window indicates no sign of devastation, it is inferred that the war had begun and the aircraft was, in fact, a war plane. The beginning of the opening theme also suggests this as it briefly shows the remains of nuclear bombs and other weapons in Ooo. In addition, most episodes show the remains of various armaments and pre-war technology throughout Ooo.

The war likely ended when the mushroom bomb was dropped along with the other nuclear weapons. This is evident from the episodes "Finn the Human" and "Jake the Dog" when Finn wishes the Lich, a product of the mushroom bomb, to have never existed. When the wish is granted, Finn is transported to a world where Simon sacrifices himself to stop the mushroom bomb and freezes the entire Earth in the process. Despite some destruction, without the detonation of the mushroom bomb, humanity would continue to exist. Also, in "Finn the Human," Farmworld Marceline suggests that the mushroom bomb likely concluded the war as she states that the world would have been annihilated if Simon had not stopped the bomb with his ice 1]

The war likely ended approximately one thousand years before the events of Adventure Time. This is suggested from Marceline's age as she states that she is one thousand years old in the Farmworld timeline. Since she was a young child during the Mushroom War, roughly a thousand years had past since the conflict ended.

Aftermath

The end of the war left much of the world devastated and devoid of much life. The infrastructure that had existed throughout the land had been mostly destroyed. The little human infrastructure that survived, such as girder bridges and office buildings, now lay in ruin. A great deal of human technology also remained scattered throughout the land. Abandoned and destroyed vehicles were a common sight in the devastated landscape. Despite the great destruction, some humans managed to survive the war, such as Marceline, Simon Petrikov, Moe, and the family line that eventually led to Finn. However, most presumably perished during the war. This is suggested in "Simon & Marcy" as there are no other humans in sight throughout the entire episode. Also, in "I Remember You," Simon says to Marceline that they may be alone after the apocalypse.

Some individuals survived the war through supernatural means. One example is Hunson Abadeer, Marceline's dad, who was seen in a flashback in "Memory of a Memory," showing him and Marceline right after the bombs were dropped in the war. It is likely that he may have been in the Nightosphere during the war. This is evident in Marceline's flashback in "I Remember You," as Hunson is nowhere to be seen while Marceline is crying while mouthing Therefore, it can be inferred that he abandoned or lost her sometime after the Mushroom War. Finally, in "It Came from the Nightosphere" Hunson Abadeer asks if Marceline turned the family axe into "Some kind of lute," hinting that he has spent an incredibly long amount of time in the Nightosphere.

Shoko after falling into the river of nuclear waste

Despite the destruction from the war, the land slowly began to recover and soon life was once again allowed to freely inhabit the earth. Only a few signs of the nuclear devastation remained in Ooo. One example was in the episode "The Vault," where Shoko helps Princess Bubblegum establish her new kingdom by covering up an irradiated river at the site of the Candy Castle. In the process of covering it up, Shoko becomes disfigured and mutated by the effects of the waste and appears as she had in premonitions in earlier episodes of the series. The episode implies that the Candy Kingdom is built atop a pond of nuclear waste.

Along with the rise of new civilizations, such as the Candy Kingdom, a diverse variety of intelligent life settled down in Ooo. Many were able to recover or develop technology for their own use. Examples of this are universal translator devices and holographic newspapers. It is unknown whether these are based on prewar technology (the year of the war was never stated, but we know that it must have happened sometime after 1982 because the Ice King is heard singing the theme song and making reference to the sitcom Cheers in the episode "Simon & Marcy" which premiered that year) or are more recent inventions. Despite this, most human inventions, especially those related to transportation, remained lost to the inhabitants of Ooo. In "The New Frontier," Jake mentions this when he says that "rocket ships haven't been reinvented yet," implying that the technology to build conventional space-faring vessels was lost during the Mushroom War.
  • A pretty good show, but overrated as heck.

I think I overexaggerated a bit in my last review update, I don't exactly hate this show, in fact, it's actually a pretty good show, but it's really overrated. I mean, no offense to all you fans of this show, but it's not as good as you guys say it is. Adventure Time is an alright cartoon, but it has a lot of flaws from time to time worth pointing out.

Adventure Time is about a 13 year old boy named Finn and a shape shifting dog named Jake who go on wild adventures in The Land of Ooo, and interact with other characters of the show. Now the premise itself isn't to bad, but slightly unoriginal. A boy and a shape shifting dog who go on wild adventures? Its like Flapjack meets Johnny Test (although Johnny Test is worse and much more unoriginal than this show), and I'm pretty sure that the whole human and anthromorphic animal premise has been overdone, but for this show, I can overlook it since there are new things added to it.

I have seen several episodes of this show, and it is actually a good show. But it needs improvement, especially considering how random the show is.

Most of the characters are unique and have good personalities to them for the most part (my favorite would have to be Jake). I find it cool how a bunch of random inanimate things get to be characters, it's kind of like Gumball. However, one character I mind is the protagonist Finn. He isn't that bad of a character, but he screams all the time and there are a lot of times were he's annoying and doesn't shut up, and I especially don't like those faces he makes when he freaks out. Other than that, most of the characters are decent.

The animation is bad, despite looking decent in a few scenes. The characters move so stiffly like puppets, it looks like an elbowless 5 year old drew it. The artwork is great, and has a lot of colorful visuals, but not overblown thankfully because there are enough dark atmospheres in this show. The sets look good, and the characters designs look good pretty much, except one thing is that they have noodle arms to them, which is probably why the animation isn't that good.

The humor is probably my biggest complaint. Don't get me wrong, there are some funny moments in the series, but they use randomness as a gag a lot, usually I don't mind randomness, but AT can sometimes go really overboard with it to the point were its not funny anymore and its just nonsensical and stupid.

Overall, a good show, but it has it's flaws here and there, and there are some bad episodes in the series worth avoiding, but there are some good ones as well. But its much better than most of the other crap on CN or Nick today. The score could've gone a bit higher if it wern't for the flaws I pointed out and the overratedness.
  • clever title So I want create my own cartoon show, and see AT as a template...

easy enough: see it's brilliance: candy characters; a boy a talking dog; a king, princesses galore. Some in-jokes that most do not get (Tree Trunks being a pie chef --in my pastry cookbook, I see a recipe for Tree Trunks --a pastry thing that resembles tree bark, made of chocolate, marzipan, cocoa butter and a nut mixture called gianduja). Using super-action and dialogue which includes fart jokes and banter. The thing is a natural for games, video games, and merchandise. Hmm. I really love Steven Universe, which might just need merchandising to pep up its popularity a bit.
  • Adventure Time is the best

I can understand why people will not like this but i love this you hate this show you most likely suck disneys or nicks channels suck ass and there shows fucking time is unique and has lots of kick ass characters.
  • I Just Wanna Cry ...

5.5
    I am sad to see Pendelton Ward and the crew are taking their leap of faith as they let Adventure Time gone downhill . The plots , the storylines , the drawings are getting bad ... I almost cry at the end of the episode ''The Red Thrones'' as i realised that romance is over ...

...

I missed the happy couple cuddling each other in the treefort and the elastic dog who is so funny ...
  • It's good, but overrated.

I do watch episodes of Adventure Time once in a while, but not too much. Adventure Time is pretty much overrated. Sorry, but that's just my opinion....
  • Stupid, overrated, and such a major letdown.

3.5
    When I was 9, i used to like this show. I was a stupid kid. This show sucks. I'm going into full detail on why this show is one of the worst shows of all time. The art design - Bland, undetailed, and looks like it was done by a 1st grader on MSPaint. My younger brother can draw better than this! This show has the 2nd worst art design ever. Some of you guys out there may be like, "Durr, it's the artist's style," but no, it's ALL THE TIME!!! By the way, this show was made by the same people who gave you other masterpieces like Fanboy and Chum Chum. Plots - Extremely stupid and goes TOO INSANE with sex. That's why I stopped watching this piece of garbage and realized this show sucks. I was probably 11 at that time. The plots make no sense and there is never a main plot at all. Look creators, going insane with sex jokes gets freaking old, not to mention this is a kid's show, not South Park, which has every reason to be inappropriate for children! Hence the word "Adventure" in the title. Most of the time, the episodes are either the characters talking about sex, nudity, or just being lazy and playing video games all day long. This is why this show was a major disappointment. Characters - Not even remotely likable. They come up with the most basic and bland designs for them ever imaginable. It's just hard to look at. Dialogue - Also sucks. The creators came with a stupid version of English that doesn't even make sense. It feels like listening to someone with a terrible vocabulary only a 2 year old would know. I have no clue people like this kind of stuff. It's just horrible! For those who are recommended this show and haven't watched it before (I envy you), please go watch something else. The promos promised an exciting adventurous show filled with action and fighting, but the terrible execution of this show destroyed any and all potential. Literally, this show is just a thorough f*** up.
  • One of the best animated shows ever.

Adventure Time breathes new life to the "magical land of adventures" genre that has been tackled by many other tv shows in the past. It turns a basic premise like "A kid and a dog go looking for adventures in the land of Ooo" to a collection of stories that are subtle metaphors for issues of the human condition, like destiny, the limits of the body and the mind (and what's the price for breaking these limits), the nature of true freedom, responsabilities vs freedom, sacrifice for the ones you want to keep safe, knowing their very lives depend on you, and only you, etc.

The show has a language of its own that has evolved this past seasons, developing a new sense of maturity, without becoming unfunny or too different to be unrecognizable. And if the viewer actually listens to sentences that could feel too ridiculous or random at times, maybe he can discover a whole new meaning to them, after thinking about it or after something happens in a future episode that was even foreshadowed by that line. That is an example of the brilliance of this show.

Also, I truly believe this show has one of the most well-rounded casts to have ever been put in a tv show. No character in Adventure Time is truly good or evil (with the obvious exception of the Lich, who is a direct product of a nuclear bomb); most of them stay in that gray area of morality that better defines ourselves. There's even a character that starts out merely as a joke, but as time passes on and we learn about his past, his status as a joke, let's just say, gets shaken up a bit...

The setting is also excellent. Reminiscent of the works of Tolkien and the D&D game, but having a very clever twist around it, the land of Ooo is a very well developed setting that, at times, it even seems real. I also like how there's a distinct rationality in Ooo, like everything that happens can be explained using logic, but having this world's rules in mind, of course.

The humour, what can I say. It goes all these different places; you got childish humour and slapstick, you got witty one-liners and comebacks, character-based jokes, all with a great dose of irreverence and intelligence. It's a riot.

The animation and the character design really helps the humour too, with blank, deadpan expressions and big, exagerated reactions to create a certain mood that, trust me, is unique to this show. I especially love the character design of Adventure Time and the fact that they look so simple that a child could have drawn them, increasing its appeal to the younger audience.

The writing is wonderful. That's all I can say about it.

So, overall, Adventure Time is a fantastic show, with fantastic themes, fantastic story, fantastic characters and a fantastic setting. It's all about the sadness, though. And happiness.

• This saved cartoon network.

I enjoy this show a lot. The only problem I have with it is the fact that it get's a little gross at time and I hate how everyone talks in slang and say "dude" "man" or "awesome" It's a little annoying

Other than that It's a great and creative show
  • Its a little better than I originally thought.

I reviewed this before. But like with Regular Show, I decided to watch more of it to see if I maybe judged it too soon, and I did. So here is my re-review of Adventure Time.

Adventure Time is about a boy and his magical, talking dog, who go on crazy adventures around the land of Ooo (I still think thats a dumb name). The show's plot sounded like a good one. Which is why I was kinda disappointed with the show itself for some of the stupid adventures Finn and Jake would go on. A good share of the episodes are good, but there were others that could be pretty random, and downright strange. However, the humor of the show makes up for it a bit in my opinion, even though a lot of it is inappropriate. Some of the slang the characters use though is a bit stupid (Shmow Zow? Really?).

The main characters are pretty likable. Finn's a likable kid, though his hat is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. Jake's a pretty cool sidekick with some interesting powers, and the fact that he's voiced by John DiMaggio makes him even better. Bubblegum and Marceline are both cool girls, but Ice King... should he even be considered the main antagonist? I don't know, with how often he'll get along with Finn and Jake, it's kinda debatable. Seriously, half the time they fight, then they'll turn around and act like the best of friends. Plus, he's not so much a threat, as a nuesence. But he's at least okay compared to Lemongrab, who I find annoying as hell!

My biggest problem with Adventure Time is its art style. I'm sorry, but what kind of cheap, chicken-scratch art style is this?! It looks like it was drawn by a 4-year old. However, aside from that, the show's pretty okay. It has great voice acting and some pretty good action scenes. I have to admit it's a lot better than shit like Regular Show, Amazing World of Gumball and Johnny Test. However, I can't call it one of my favorite animated shows. Not by a longshot. Adventure Time is a tad overrated, but after watching it again, it's at least a little better than I thought.
  • Best Cartoon i Ever Seen...

Well, am not that good with reviews, but let's just say this is the most awesome cartoon that i ever seen....
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8