Adventure Time

Cartoon Network Premiered Apr 05, 2010 In Season

TVTome_Shadow

Adventure Time Fan Reviews (223)

7.7
  • WARning tIME

4.5
    Adventure time used to be good until after season 4 or 5 the show used to be exciting and weird now they are either boring, overly weird, full of plot holes, don't make since ,or all 4 . In one episode Jake the shape shifting dog decided I want to be a brick the whole episode I'm not kidding that actually happened in season 5 or 6. The art is still beautiful, and the characters are good still the only problem is bad writing watch Steven Universe you will probably like it better.
  • WHY ADVENTURE TIME? WHY?!

The show is absolutely awesome but the last season... It's just bad. Many useless episodes what don't advance the plot and don't have morals. Plus the Russian voice is realy bad. I hope 7 season will be good. . Sorry for spelling mistakes.
  • This show is ALGEBRAIC!

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

I watched this show when it first aired and I loved it. Now, all that went to the bottom of the barrel. What remains now is the gross toilet humor it was saving us since season 5. I've never looked at Adventure Time the same way ever since season 5 was aired.

Humor: it's just a combo of unfunny jokes, sex jokes and for the small part there is a fart joke, that isn't funny either. I remind the people behind this that this is a kid show, not South Park or something like that!

Characters: poorly drawed, lack of color tonality and looks like it's drawn in MS Paint. Seriously.

Plot: mostly focused on a stupid 11 (more like 5) year old kid named Finn that is a sad ***got with no parents and goes around with his unfunny dog Jake. Jake was pretty funny before season 5, but now he is just a plain jerk like everyone in the show. Finn used to be the funny guy about this show, now he only cares about making out with ladies. I mean, WTF Cartoon Network?

Dialogue: just stupid, unfunny and lack of happy tonality( just try and listen to Finn when he speaks, he sounds like a sad fucker).

I heard season 7 is coming, and I hope after that, this gets cancelled. I had enough of these horrible plots and sick humor. This show is( after Ninjago ) the most fucked up show on cartoon network.

If you REALLY want to watch it, you better go look for the old ones on youtube.

I bet the producers were smoking crack when they came up with the idea of putting in all that crap in what was a pretty cool show.

And what is it with "Adventure" in the title? It sounds like it should be called "Crap Time!" or something like that.

If you want to watch some good quality shows: a suggestion is Regular Show.

EDIT 19/03/2015: What the fuck? I just saw an episode where jake steals a quote from Ocarina of Time!

Now what? Are they stealing quotes just to make it look better? I'm taking away half a point because of CN's behaviour with Nintendo's quotes!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLY IMPORTANT UPDATE!!! 26/06/2015: The show has been going on and it made me change my mind. These new episodes are really cool! And I thought it was dead. LOL. So Adventure Time is a show that should be shown to everybody for good entertainment with Regular Show and Gumball.

Keep this show rocking!!!!
  • If you give it lower than a 7, you know nothing

The show is classic, original, funny, interesting, deep, dark, high quality, and amazing.

Watch about 5 eps of each season. <- that is what it will take to love this show.
  • What Time Is It? a review time!

Adventure Time is CN's highrated tv show next to Regular Show!

the show is pretty good it has it moments in early seasons, but the series silly is not there much in recent seasons but still noneless.

Adventure Time is getting seats to kids and even adults today! that really makes it popular to this day then problem solverz and SMFA
  • Its a little better than I originally thought.

I reviewed this before. But like with Regular Show, I decided to watch more of it to see if I maybe judged it too soon, and I did. So here is my re-review of Adventure Time.

Adventure Time is about a boy and his magical, talking dog, who go on crazy adventures around the land of Ooo (I still think thats a dumb name). The show's plot sounded like a good one. Which is why I was kinda disappointed with the show itself for some of the stupid adventures Finn and Jake would go on. A good share of the episodes are good, but there were others that could be pretty random, and downright strange. However, the humor of the show makes up for it a bit in my opinion, even though a lot of it is inappropriate. Some of the slang the characters use though is a bit stupid (Shmow Zow? Really?).

The main characters are pretty likable. Finn's a likable kid, though his hat is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. Jake's a pretty cool sidekick with some interesting powers, and the fact that he's voiced by John DiMaggio makes him even better. Bubblegum and Marceline are both cool girls, but Ice King... should he even be considered the main antagonist? I don't know, with how often he'll get along with Finn and Jake, it's kinda debatable. Seriously, half the time they fight, then they'll turn around and act like the best of friends. Plus, he's not so much a threat, as a nuesence. But he's at least okay compared to Lemongrab, who I find annoying as hell!

My biggest problem with Adventure Time is its art style. I'm sorry, but what kind of cheap, chicken-scratch art style is this?! It looks like it was drawn by a 4-year old. However, aside from that, the show's pretty okay. It has great voice acting and some pretty good action scenes. I have to admit it's a lot better than shit like Regular Show, Amazing World of Gumball and Johnny Test. However, I can't call it one of my favorite animated shows. Not by a longshot. Adventure Time is a tad overrated, but after watching it again, it's at least a little better than I thought. I'd still recommend it.
  • Great, but needs to get happier

I absolutely love this show, but lately its gotten to be less happy and adventurous, which is kinda both sad and disappointing. They can still turn it around, but whatever they do next needs to have a different feel than season six.
  • Nothing but a teen drama with fart jokes sprinkled on top, with unfunniness being the icing to the cake.

This is the second worst show on the network, only to be beaten by Ninjago (Legends of Chima was originally number one before it's cancellation). Grojband was initially the worst but that show got cancelled and pulled off the network so I'm not counting that show anymore.

I used to like this show but that was when I was much younger. I'm lots older now and I'm old enough to realize this show is nothing but an unfunny fart-festival for teens ages 16-19. I don't even see where they're trying to make jokes in this show besides fart jokes and gross out humor.

I should say something about the animation. Oh lord, the animation. It looks very cheap. It's like the animators just wanted to get the animation over with and drew two dots and a line on the characters faces. It seems they were too lazy to animate noses.

All the characters seem to be teens. The main character's a teen, the pink princess is a teen, the vampire is a teen, I think the only thing that's not a teen in this show is the dog. But he acts like one so maybe he's a teen too.

The premise is really dumb. The protagonist has no parents and goes on adventures with a dog unaccompanied by an adult which is really dangerous. The whole premise of the candy kingdom is stupid.

If these people want to have themselves a good show, they should see something like Regular Show. That show doesn't have any teen drama. If they want to do something like this, they should make it a children's show for Nick Jr. and give the protagonist parents. They shouldn't have bothered doing this.

I heard the show is getting a seventh season. Hopefully that season is the last one because this show doesn't deserve to go on that long. It should have just stayed a pilot. The pilot doesn't rely on teen humor and it's not fart jokes. For some reason they made the show into a teen friendly show with fart jokes. The show would work for a children's cartoon, but not as a CN show for teens. Hopefully season 7 is the last season. I'm tired of some of the things CN's giving us.
  • Dear

Please learn how to number these episodes. If at least one part hasn't aired it is a new episode. This is the way the producers, Wikipedia and the fans do it. By those counts, the episode that airs on 2/26 which is 6x43 "The Diary/Dark Purple" is new but the later rebroadcast of the "The Diary" listed as 6x43 is not. by all accounts, "The Diary" should in fact be episode 6x30, so the count is way off. See also:, Regular Show, Phieas and Ferb.
  • An Average show for everyone just has violence

This show is pretty okay for people that likes this it's just the episodes are not funny and hit has that little bit of violence into the episode! It's just decent
  • Used to hate it

But it's pretty cool now. Decent show. UNLIKE THE LOONEY TUNES SHOW.
  • What a fun Show with adult humour and a kiddy look.

The best show on Cartoon Network, it just has so much of Nostalgia with the radical humor of Finn Mertens
  • They Should Just End It This Season.

I've lost interest. Season 6 is just filler. Why not just tie up loose ends, ie; have epic fight with Finn's dad, that whole is Susan Strong human, that whole thing with Betty since Simon is now dead, etc.
  • From bad to best to pretty ok

This show and annoying orange are the only shows that I have ever avoided. When the series came up, I was in my "realistic" phase. The show just seemed so unreal, so I didn't even watch it. This was until one night. All the series were crap. I didn't have anything to do. So I decided to give AT a chance. At first, I felt awkward. But after a while, I couldn't deny it anymore: the series was OK. Season 2 came up and I just said: the series is almost cool. When season 3 came up I thought: it lost its magic. This was until Incendium was aired. When I watched it, I said: I hope there is a new season. Season 4 has been like a roller-coaster. Up to Hot to the Touch and down to web weirdos. Adventure Time is my favorite series ever.

Season Grades:

Music: 8/10

Title Cards: 10/10

Design: 7.8/10

Characters: 9/10

I expect much from you, At crew. It will be needed a lot of effort for the series not to start falling down from now on. But I know you'll find a way.

2014 update: Unfortunately, the series is not as glorious as it was when I started my review. However, it's still good, even if so much of season 6 is just humorless filler.
  • Brilliant!

This cartoon is fantastic. It has wonderful characters. Decent animation. Very funny. Great story telling. Great action and surrealism. This game is my 2nd 3rd favorite modern cartoon. This cartoon is truly a masterpiece and I HIGHLY recommend it to cartoon fans.
  • A great time with adventure time

Before regular show, this was my favorite and I still love it. The stories are great and so are the characters, but the show gets to many changes here and there. Also, these days the show's episodes are about different characters a lot, which I am fine with, but it's starting to happen a lot now. The show's main title is Adventure Time: with Finn and Jake, But now it's become Adventure Time: with a bunch of characters no one cares about that much. Go back to the original title Pen Ward, and you're golden
  • Mixed thoughts,really.

4.5
    I was planning on giving this a 7.5,but after realizing some people ranted about it when it premiered and now it's crap,I'm changing it. I didn't watch many episode,so I'm giving it a 4.5
  • Adventure Time is what it is!!

First off I think Adventure Time is fine with younger kids it teachers them to go outside to be active by swinging around, jumping, listening to the different noises of nature and just being kids, I do also know that in Adventure Time Finn & Jake can get rough, but Finn & Jake say in their own way "Their is no need for violence all the

I think we need to sometimes see the good in things and kids may think that fighting is the result to their problem but that's when elder siblings, parents & adults can help the kids show them that the show is about going outside, having fun, being active & it shows you can have fun anywhere!!

So as a conclusion I think its fare to say if you like Adventure Time cool, if you don't like Adventure Time good for you. Why does it matter if someone likes Adventure Time or not, it's fun to watch, children will get outside more, they will ask their Mum and Dad questions & they will be active which is the most important thing!

Thanks for reading my opinion.
  • THE SHOW is now crap and innapropeot at this point.. and the WORSTE ART IN THE HISTORY OF ART

At this point, adventure time is really inappropriate for younger viewers. Adventure time manage to crap every episode.. Kids are very curious, and back 2013 or 2012, kids heard that word.. tier 15, Normally kid would say, eh i don't care, but they really wanted to know... then the poor soul ACTUALLY FOUND OUT IT WAS... and love games... was referencing ***.. AND KIDS WOULD KNOW THIS? Adventure time is not interesting nor good art.. and they have very poor development also. So if i can give them a rating 1 to 10, i would give it to -infinity.. :/ this show only influence kids and or adults to be as stupid as Finn and run around kissing fire.. :l and in conclusion, the show is just shet and it's poorly developed with both art and the show itself. sorry fans but your shet to me and the 63,213 people who hates this piece shet. #adventuretimeisPURESHET
  • Adventure Time is good

Adventure time is phenomenal! It teaches you to go outside and enjoy yourself. Finn and Jake show you the great aspects of the outdoors and surviving. Both of teach you that people can't judge you by the way you act. I fell in love with this show when I saw the true meaning of it. Just because the show is weird doesn't mean anything. I am weird and if you don't like it don't judge me! I fell in love with this show because of the sadness in it. When I saw the show Betty,Simon and Marcy, and I remember you it touched my heart and I started crying. So please don't get angry and judge me because I'm showing my feelings and if they cancel this show it would just break my heart.
  • adventure time is annoying

because it is a annoyance and i can't stand he just found his dad and his dad was not what he turned out to be what he thought his dad was.

the show is just terrible since the very first 0 out 5 stars,-0/100 and two thumbs down way because of this show that cartoon network is in such bad shape.
  • Creative and funny show, just what CN needs

CN is finally getting its charm back. Since the disappearance of classic CN shows (Codename: KND, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Ed, Edd n Eddy, My Gym Partner's a Monkey and others), CN has really declining in quality shows. This 'Adventure Time' brings the flow back. Every episode is a masterpiece, crafted amazingly. The story is also without a doubt, fantastic. It's cast of colorful characters are rich in personality and have a lot to tell. The only complaint is the running time. I mean, 11 minutes isn't enough. Still, it's an awesome show.
  • Bring back the old shows, Cartoon Network!

This show sucks total balls. At least 90s shows never had shows like this. Did the person who made this smoke crack?!
  • One of the most cleverest shows: Basicly made up Bravest Warriors amd Coco's Life.

Adventure Time is one of those rare shows you find with lots of adult and random humor. This show isn't shoving every episode down your throat like Spongebob. This show has lots of charm and color. If you love Coco's Life and you are part of randomness. This is the show for you. The characters are Ice King!) They have wonderful backstories, and probaly the songs are the most cleverest. All of the episodes have bromance. (In a good way, not a bad way like Breadwinners So yeah. A good show to watch when you are in a bad mood.
  • Awesome

Really great show. Makes me laugh and is really creative. Characters are very likable. Bravo!
  • AT RULES!

Adventure time is great. I personally have watched every single episode of AT since the very beginning, so you can call me an expert. Of course if you have only watched one episode of AT, you don't really know what the show is about, and because of the shows awesomeness, you might just think its too weird. But believe it or not, but AT has an amazing storyline about a young boy and his dog that goes on great adventures, and helps people. The show has a lot of ups and downs, and it also has a mysterious back story, that we are about to find more about. But what i mean with this comment, is that AT is a wonderful show, and its NOT just for stoners!!
  • Overrated

This show is stupid, again it makes you feel like your high on drugs. It also has ugly designs and only occasionally have farting.
  • This show is Mathmatical

At first, I didn't want to watch this show because of the animation, but I watched one and realized my horrible mistake. This among one of the best shows on CN, and is almost as good as Regular Show (though my favorite between the two is Regular Show).

The show is humorous, set in a fantasy world, the main villain Ice King is very complex when you think about it, I enjoy Finn and Jake's adventures. The only time this show shows any darkness is when the Lich is the main villain of the episode.

Overall, this show is amazing and it is one of the shows that redeems CN in spite of all the crap they've aired like Incredible Crew. and Uncle Grandpa.

• First 3 Seasons were good but Seasons 4-Present are awful!

3.5
    I Liked The First 3 Seasons but this show jumped the shark at Season 4!

3.5 out of 10