Adventure Time

Cartoon Network Premiered Apr 05, 2010 In Season

TVTome_Shadow

Adventure Time Fan Reviews (202)

7.7
  • Its a little better than I originally thought.

I reviewed this before. But like with Regular Show, I decided to watch more of it to see if I maybe judged it too soon, and I did. So here is my re-review of Adventure Time.

Adventure Time is about a boy and his magical, talking dog, who go on crazy adventures around the land of Ooo (I still think thats a dumb name). The show's plot sounded like a good one. Which is why I was kinda disappointed with the show itself for some of the stupid adventures Finn and Jake would go on. A good share of the episodes are good, but there were others that could be pretty random, and downright strange. However, the humor of the show makes up for it a bit in my opinion, even though a lot of it is inappropriate. Some of the slang the characters use though is a bit stupid (Shmow Zow? Really?).

The main characters are pretty likable. Finn's a likable kid, though his hat is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. Jake's a pretty cool sidekick with some interesting powers, and the fact that he's voiced by John DiMaggio makes him even better. Bubblegum and Marceline are both cool girls, but Ice King... should he even be considered the main antagonist? I don't know, with how often he'll get along with Finn and Jake, it's kinda debatable. Seriously, half the time they fight, then they'll turn around and act like the best of friends. Plus, he's not so much a threat, as a nuesence. But he's at least okay compared to Lemongrab, who I find annoying as hell!

My biggest problem with Adventure Time is its art style. I'm sorry, but what kind of cheap, chicken-scratch art style is this?! It looks like it was drawn by a 4-year old. However, aside from that, the show's pretty okay. It has great voice acting and some pretty good action scenes. I have to admit it's a lot better than shit like Regular Show, Amazing World of Gumball and Johnny Test. However, I can't call it one of my favorite animated shows. Not by a longshot. Adventure Time is a tad overrated, but after watching it again, it's at least a little better than I thought.