TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Is Tales Cute?

AoStHfreak

[21]Nov 15, 2006
    • level: 7
    Really? I never knew about Tails' own adventures until Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Gems Collection. You're right, I think Tails needs some credit for being cute.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dark_side_moon

[22]Nov 16, 2006
    • level: 8
    Wow, I need to start catching up the Sonic series, then! If only I knew what time it was on Saturdays, I've looked for the time slot but beared like no results. I mean, from what I've heard, Sonic has a girlfriend (that creeps me a bit) and there're are new characters such as this cat or w/e that's a secret agent, and Knuckles (he's cool) is involved, load's of new things. I mean, i'm not going to expect the new series to beat the original, or even be good for that matter. Yeah, Tails is one of the most cutest cartoon characters.

AoStHfreak

[23]Nov 16, 2006
    Well, both the Tails video games permiered in 1995, and so far, none of the Sonic series have made episodes based off either of the two Tails video games. I doubt Sonic X would, because so far, the only epsiodes that are based on the video games are based on the new ones. About the characters, Amy is Sonic's girlfriend, Rouge the Bat is a thief who once worked for G.U.N., and Knuckles, of course, is the Master Emerald guardian. I agree with you, the old series are better than the new series. In fact, AoStH is my favorite Sonic show since it is based of the old Sonic video games, rather than the new ones. Heck, it even got the Sonic/Tails friendship right. In every other Sonic show, Tails was either replaced by someone else or never around.

dark_side_moon

[24]Nov 18, 2006
    Gotcha, i knew there was a Bat involved, and some type of cat or hedgehog of some sort that was Sonic's girlfriend (ugh, a girlfriend, since when?!?), and as for Knuckles, that I knew he was involved. And speaking of Knuckles, is Knuckles a rival of Sonic or is he a friend of his? I always got that mixed up. I mean, I saw the new series once and it just didn't seem to appeal to me, none of that original material to it, you know? But, anyways, you totally read my mind about the whole Tails and Sonic friendship thing - in the Sonic X series Tails and Sonic's friendship really does tamper down a bit, doesn't it? They definitly aren't as close as they once were in the original, that i knew, and that's kind of a shame, but, it's a new series, expect and prepare for changes.

AoStHfreak

[25]Nov 19, 2006
    About Knuckles, he's actually one of the nice guys, but he is very gullible. However, in Knuckles Chaotix, Knuckles doesn't fall for Eggman's tricks, probably because he needed the help of the Chaotix detective agency to save Carnival Island, thus proving Knuckles is one of the nice guys. Knuckles first got tricked in Sonic 3, as Eggman's lie was used as a distraction so that he could steal the Master Emerald to power the Death Egg. What's more, Amy is a hedgehog, whose debut was Sonic CD, where Sonic rescued her from Eggman and Metal Sonic. If Amy and Sonic were different species, they couldn't get married and have babies (see SonicFreak's profile).

Yes, I do think that Sonic X really messed up the Sonic/Tails friendship, what with Chris Thorndyke (who is known to steal minor character roles, including Amy's in Sonic Adventure 2) replacing Tails as Sonic's "best friend". The best we can do, though, is hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

dark_side_moon

[26]Nov 19, 2006
    Oh yeah? OK, because i always thought Knuckles was a bad guy, I know Shadow is a bad guy, but he couldn't be any more worse than Eggman, and he seems like a pretty cool character. Yeah, makes sense about the whole Amy and Sonic thing, that if they were different they'd have the most screwed up offspring, hybrids... really. Well, if Tails gets replaced alot, does he just not appear in those episodes or does he just play minor roles in alot of them?

Btw, I stopped at Best Buy today, and found this TV screen near the appliances with Playstation controllers hooked up to it, with a Sonic game in it. It was really fun to play, and it was one of the original sega games. It sure killed time while my mom was looking at which washer/dryer to buy.

AoStHfreak

[27]Nov 20, 2006
    As a response to your question about whether Tails would not appear in the Sonic X episodes or just have minor appearances, I'm not sure, but Tails needs to have more recognizable appearances in the show because after all, he is Sonic's best friend. Let's just be thankful that Chris Thorndyke is a Sonic X character and therefore DOES NOT appear in the games.

As I have mentioned before, AoStH got the Sonic/Tails friendship right, so you can expect from that show many Tails-based episodes, including those where he had to save Sonic, rather than the other way around.

dark_side_moon

[28]Nov 20, 2006
    I've always wanted to see the episode where Tails gets adopted by another family because Sonic found him no longer suitable for anymore missions... Thing is, streaming videos on Youtube takes me like decades to watch one thing, so once we get high speed internet, I'm going to see if I can find that episode on that site. Shame they never released any DVDS yet, isn't it? Like Sonic would say... I'm waaaiting. And still no info on any DVD releases yet. I really admired Tails and Sonic's friendship in the original series, and if I were to watch the newer series, I'd probably be dissapointed. I have heard that Tails makes minor or less appearances in Sonic X, and that there were a whole bunch of other characters that "took his place." I wonder why the creators would do that to Tails?

AoStHfreak

[29]Nov 23, 2006
    Yes, It does seem like we're going to to have to wait for this series to release on DVD here in the US. Well, have a happy and safe Thanksgiving, and be thankful for giving such a nice conversation here on Tv.com.

dark_side_moon

[30]Nov 23, 2006
    Haha same to you, Happy Thanksgiving to you all and have a safe vacation!

Tkerekes13

[31]Nov 24, 2006
    • level: 28
    dark_side_moon wrote:
    Haha same to you, Happy Thanksgiving to you all and have a safe vacation!
    Same to you!

dark_side_moon

[32]Nov 24, 2006
    Thanks. :p

tvmasterdoodles

[33]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 30
    he was so cute as a baby and still is!

AoStHfreak

[34]Nov 27, 2006
    Thanks for the opinion, tvmasterdoodles. By the way, I never got your opinion on what combo you would use in my fake game, Sonic R 2: Twin Trouble. Anyway, I would like to thank you for visiting my profile.

If any of you are asking, "Will Tails be in the game?", both the current and baby versions of Tails will be in the game alongside the current and baby versions of Sonic. If you would like to see all the characters, cars, and courses, please check my article.

tvmasterdoodles

[35]Nov 27, 2006
    I'd use either baby sonic with amy rose or the babies with their current versions or baby tails with cream

tvmasterdoodles

[36]Nov 27, 2006
    which would you use?

AoStHfreak

[37]Nov 29, 2006
    Great combos! I think I might use those if I get to play the game. Either that or Baby Sonic & AiAi on the Banana Train.

tvmasterdoodles

[38]Nov 29, 2006
    the game's playable?

AoStHfreak

[39]Nov 30, 2006
    Not yet, tvmasterdoodles. I just thought up a fake game that Sega could make. DizzyDennis and DeathMegaSega have made some fake games as well, but mine is the first to include the babies as playable characters.

tvmasterdoodles

[40]Nov 30, 2006
    when will it be?