The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog

(ended 1993)

Kennymacdougall

The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog Fan Reviews (56)

• (Title got removed by Julius Robotink)

My most favorite sonic show! It's kid friendly, all the beautiful colors,sonic and tails running around stopping the badniks scratch and grounder. I like all the chilidog jokes. Jaleel Whites voices fits sonic perfectly!
  • this show is so fuuny i always laugh when i watch it i think this is the best sonic the hedgehog show.

this sonic show is probably the funniest cartoon ever it was made in 1993 and it is so funny im surprised sonic was in a comedy show. all of the episodes are so funny. robotnick is a vilan but he is the funniest in the show along with his two robot serents grounder and scratch.sonic is funny on it to the episode i think is the funniest is big daddy because its very funny and it never gets boring.

this show is probably the funnist cartoon ever and it should carry on getting made it is so funny well done.
  • Best Show Ever!

I always loved this classic Sonic cartoon. Dr. Robotnik looks different in this show, and I like it. This show potrays Scratch and Grounder as Wile E. Coyote and Sonic as Road Runner because the dumbbots are always failing to catch Sonic one time too many. The best episodes are Magnificent Sonic, Robotnikland, Hedgehog of the Hound Table, The Magic Hassle, Best Hedgehog, Robotnik Jr., Sno Problem and Sonic's Song. I didn't expect this show to take place in some planet called Mobius. The animation in each episode looks really cool. The best part about the show is when Robotnik always yells out "I hate that hedgehog!" That catchphrase is music to my ears even though I like Sonic. I love this cartoon next to Garfield and Friends.
  • This show is based off of the classic Sonic games and it's got alot of good moments.

When I was young, I grew up with the Sonic games (mostly 'Sonic the Hedgehog 2') and I've always wanted to see a Sonic tv series. When I was 9, I started watching Toon Disney and I saw that this was on Toon Disney. I watched it every night it was on but sometimes I accedentally missed it but not much. I kept watching it every night until one day, Toon Disney moved it to a time where I was usually sleeping then finally they took it off. I miss watching this cartoon every night. I do watch it on YouTube sometimes. I'm glad that this tv series is going to be coming to DVD boxsets. This is the best Sonic cartoon I've ever known! I even like it more then 'Sonic X'. I think Scratch and Grounder the most hilaious charactors in Sonic history. Another thing that makes this cartoon my favorite Sonic cartoon is that Tails is in every episode and he is always Sonic's sidekick. I know he got captured by Robotnik alot but he's also had a few episodes of his own.
  • Sonic the Hedgehog had a cartoon! That's right kids, and it was great

I loved watching this show. Each episodd made me laugh. Sonic really liked chill cheese dogs. That's the best part about the show too! I also liked how Tails would give you tips on how to be safe too. I liked the show because of the setting, nd where they were. They always defeated Eggman and his 2 robots (whos anme I forget) I really want them to bring the show back. It's much better than the new one. Hopefully it's on DVD somewhere. If you never saw this show before. Well, try to find it because it's a great show. Hope you enjoyed my review, and I rate the show a 8/10.
  • Awesome cartoon

This is a wonderful series it's like an old fashioned Looney Tunes cartoon starring the road runnner and the coyote..bottom line perfect series which should still be on Tv or at least on DVD. It sucks that it wasn't a Saturday Morning Cartoon like SatAM...ABC made a big mistake when they rejected it.
  • Sonic and Tails had to fight Dr. Robotnik and his two lackys Scratch and Grounder. and always ate a bunch of chilie dogs.

I wish they would bring this show back or at least put out more DVDs of this show i miss it so much because i know someone who has one of the vids and i wish i had it too because i love this show and i wish they would bring it back!
  • This is one of my favorite TV shows that should really be brought back. Come on you people why did they cancel this show?! Many people think the show is bad, but its not! The character design makes people think the show is bad, looks don't matter!!!

I love the Sonic games and I love this show! This was an excellent, awesome, terrific, and magnificent show! I have no idea why it got canceled, I guess T.V. producers just don't have any taste for great shows like this one, that probably explains why all the good shows nowadays have been replaced by some of the dumbest shows to ever be imagined. Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog is a classic as well as a fantastic program, it probably would have remained on the air if they were based off the classic games, that might be a good idea, but overall, this show is super, Super! And it'll be nice if they put it back on television to stay. Here's my last words about this show: BRING IT BACK, NOW!!!!!!!
  • Hello? This is a kick *** show and is a symbol of true cartooning.

This show was so kick ***. Sonic and Tails versus Dr. Robotnik. The action was way to awesome. Spin dashing really makes it true to the video game itself. It was a show i would always look forward to every Saturday morning. But, it is gone. **** the future and all your crappy *** cartoons that suck like ****.
  • Tubular!

I never watched this show when it was on tv, but I remember that there were some tapes at a videostore by my house that had a whole bunch of episodes on them. I spent sooo much money renting them all the time and then one day they went on sale because the videostore was getting rid of it's VHS movies and I bought them for $2! That was the happiest day of my life. This show is SWEEEEEEEEET :O
  • This Show was based on Sonic and his buddies and enemies and stuff... EXCELLENT!! You'll love this show if You Love to laugh! (download some episodes of this show at sonicandfriends.com)

You'll love this show if You Love to laugh!
    Sonic and good ol' clean comedy is a great combo!
    Whether you're 8, 18, or 88, you'll LOVE this show. The music is classic, the story is timeless, and is sure to serve one knee slapper after the next...SONIC STYLE!!
  • SWEET

ive been watching this show ever since i was like 10 or something i rekon its one of the best cartoon shows ever, i have all the seasons on DVD and i watch them everyday......its dissapointing they dont have it on normal tv very much ....they should put it on atleast 4 times a week and same with teenage mutant ninja turtles :)

Peace out
  • Sonic must run (no pun intended) again on the network...

\"The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog\" is a show that was brilliant, but fell to a horrid plight of being put on an inaccessible hour on a network that played pointless action cartoons. It was a brilliant show with morals, fun jokes, and a myriad of wacky antics. And so I must say to any he who listens...bring it back.
  • I grew up with this show...

This is probably one of the coolest TV shows of all time. Based on the popular SEGA series of Sonic the Hedgehog, I kinda watched this show ever since the first episode. But why did they have to cancel it? None know why. But this show has opened up our hearts and made us happy over the years.
  • One of my many favourite cartoons from the 90's.

The Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog was the very first of the Sonic cartoons that aired in the 90's. It was set on Mobius, where every episode, Dr Robotnik and the SSSSS Squad (Super Special Sonic Search And Smash Squad) which was Scratch, a robot chicken and Grounder, a green robot with tank treads and drills for hands, would make an attempt at world domination and/or capture Sonic and Tails.

In my opinion, this series was far better than the one that preceeded it, due to the fact that they changed Dr Robotnik and got rid of Scratch and Grounder added new characters. The Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog was a fantastic and very funny show and should've run for longer.
  • This is my #1 favorite show.

This show is a classic.I used to watch this show when i was 5.It used to be and still is my favorite show.It\'s funny smart and based on one of the best game frachises ever!I used play sonic and whenever i wasn\'t playing it I was watching it.I personally think this show is the best thing that ever happened to television.
  • aaahhhh a true classic cartoon of my generation

when I was little I used to get up every sunday morning to watch adventures of sonic the hedgehog on channel 4. It was also at the same time a very funny show as well due to bugs bunny kinds of jokes you normally find in warner bros cartoons and slap stick comedy. even now I find this cartoon series funny cuz some of the episodes I missed or didn't show when I was little. however unlike the super mario bros show they didn't stick to the similar art and sound effects style as in the sonic games, take grounder for example grounder is green but in the video game sonic the hedgehog 2 he's red and also robotnic he has black and red eyes and a cone tip head but in the sonic the hedgehog games he wears glasses and his bald head is round. its still a wicked cartoon, I just wish the series match the sonic game like sonic X does.
  • Amazing show period

I loved this show. I basically grew up watching it every saturday morning.

**I've been on the internet and found that there is going to be a Season 3 show on January 2006. Here is the URL: http://epguides.com/SonictheHedgehog_ABC/, check out the very bottom of this page, and email me what you think @ justinstrack@gmail.com.
  • This show needs to come back on tv because it was one of the best shows of all time. I saw alot of cartoons befor this and I always had to watch it a few times befor I liked it, but when I saw Sonic I was hooked.

This show needs to come back on tv because it was one of the best shows of all time. I saw alot of cartoons befor this and I always had to watch it a few times befor I liked it if at all, but when I saw Sonic I was hooked.
  • This show was one of the best dic cartoons I ever saw. I first saw it on Toon Disney in 2002-2003 and loved it. I managed to copy 12 episodes of it but I lost the tape a few months later. I managed to get 2 tapes of this show.

This show was funny and interesting I loved the 4 Chaos emerald episodes but I still like each episode the same even though I didn't see all of them. I wish they would've made more video's or at least a dvd set. This show is one of my fav's (favorites).
  • I don't care what they say. AoSTH is the first Sonic TV Cartoon series, and one of the classic toons eva!

Can you imagine if they made a Sonic cartoon? You know, based on a game from Sega? It was greatness. And I'll say it 4 more times, greatness, greatness, greatness, greatness. I know it's great. I like Scratch & Grounder the best.

But, notice, can you belive the phenominal video game mascots have to go on TV? Well, yeah. This is what I liked. I like DiC Sonic cartoons. I love Sonic cartoons, but Sonic X, an anime from 4Kids TV, killed it. I want AoSTH back! I loved AoSTH when I was 7 and through today. Bring it back right now! I love this show.
  • When I was a kid, this was my favorite cartoon.

I feel this is the universal Sonic show that is awesome for all ages. When I saw a commercial for this show, I was interested, when I caught it starting when I found out Garfield and Friends was airing on UPN, this show follow and I loved it. I always wondered what Sonic and Tails would sound like by voice and Jaleel White was great (though I like Ryan Drummond the most) but the best voice to me was Tails, I know it was mentioned he was a kid in the manuals but I missed that and did not know at the time. But when I heard is little boy voice, I found him to be SO cute. It's a legecy that lived on for Tails in America to be voiced by a child voice actor to keep him authentic to his age ever since until 4Kids ruined it with Amy Palent.

What I love most about this show was the humor and the action, it really gave me a some what feel for the games in a humorous way. While I don't think Ryan Drummond would fit Sonic for this show due to Sonic's cartoonish look and this show being cartoony, I feel Jaleel White gave Sonic a pefect Cartoon Sonic voice while Ryan Drummond has given Sonic a real world teenage voice to Sonic in his realistic design till Jason Griffith ruined it, Jason can NEVER live up to Ryan or Jaleel.

I saw a few characters from the games like Grounder, Coconuts but that was basicly it. However the original stuff to it was great as well.

For parents who have kids, I would recommend this as a nice way to introduce your kids to Sonic, it more family friendly the most of the other series and games (though the first games are good too) and it's a lot of fun at that age, and for any fan of Sonic of old and new, if you have not seen this series before, it might be fun for you as well.
  • I saw this show on YouTube, and this show was really funny! Why did they cancel it on the same year it was premiered?

Out of all the Sonic shows I have seen, I have never seen anything like this! A classic Sonic cartoon with an ugly, but funny looking, Dr. Robotnik with his two robot Scratch and Grounder, who always screw up, and Jaleel White (a.k.a. Steve Urkel) playing the voice of Sonic! This is probably the funniest thing I have ever seen in my entire life! The only question is, why did the TV broadcasting system take away this show in 1993, the same year it was produced. When I grow up, I'm gonna sue them for canceling really good shows like Sonic X, Robot Jones, and other classics. Overall, I gave it 2 thumbs up, no, 10 thumbs way up high beyond Pluto.
  • This show is awesome, one of the best Sonic cartoons ever!

This show has to be one of the best I have ever seen. Lots of great humour and fun episodes, AoStH has to be my favourite Sonic cartoon with SatAM a very close second. I love the close bonding between Sonic and Tails in this series, it was so cute! Robotnik was really funny and so were Scratch and Grounder. Coconuts was great too! Most of the episodes are very enjoyable and there are many memorable moments in this show which made me laugh a lot. This show was very creative and used a few game elements which I liked. I don't understand why it was cancelled the year it first aired, it's a shame since this cartoon is definitely one of my favourites along with Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM) and The Super Mario Bros. Super Show. I even have the complete DVD and I'm very glad!! This definitely has a place on my shelf.
  • Man they should have put more episodes

this show is very good I wish they had put more episodes that was not a very good time to end, I wish they could at least make another sonic show just like this it's just an awesome show!
  • The only true Sonic show.

Sonic running like hell, with his pal Miles and defeating Robotnik and his evil plans. I don't know how the other Sonic shows was anything else then this. Because this is the true Sonic the Hedgehog.

The show is pretty funny too, and this will atleast give you a little smile when watching it. All the shows are heartwarming and this reminds me how much Sonic Shows have gone downhill. SaTaM was the last we saw of the real Sonic. Sonic Underground presented a storyline about how Sonic was borned, but he didn't trust 100% on his speed, and used guitars and crap. Not Sonic. Not even close. Also, Tails where nowhere in Underground. Totaly failure.

Sonic X were a bit more acceptable, now when Sonic ran alot, like he should. But it now, all the sudden, Sonic ran on Earth. Totaly failure. Also, nobody likes Chris.

Maybe this show was a bit too cartoony, but it was all fun at the same time. Hope some producer or SEGA remembers this show and makes something close to it, because this is a classic show.
  • I wish this show wasn't taken off so soon

Out of all the Sonic shows that were ever made, this is by far the funniest. AoSTH is about everyone's favorite blue hedgehog, Sonic, and his pal Tails. Together they face Dr. Robotnik and his henchmen robots, Scratch and Grounder. So the show stays true to the game's premise, and it got better. Each episode was about Robotnik trying to take over Mobius, and each episode is very funny. The epsiodes had excellent slap stick humor that got better with each episode and never fails to impress. I love how the show does a reference to Loony Toons with Scratch and Grounder chasing Sonic and laying traps, and it was a great reference to Wile E. Coyote. I also loved how funny Robotnik could be and act so over the top and constanly say "I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG!" it was so amusing. Sonic is also hilarious with his antics and amusing ways to defeat Robotnik. Scratch and Grounder were by far my favorite though. They were always bickering at each other and being so dumb, that it was hilarious. Tails was great in this show as well, and was the least wacky character in this show. The artwork is great and hasn't aged badly at all and the animation is great, but it does get repetitive as same animation scenes are used again a lot. At the end, we are treated to a segment called Sonic Says. it was Sonic giving a moral message to kids like not running away, or not cheating. It was a decent way to try to teach kids lessons, but I doubt any of them listened and were more into seeing Sonic instead. I really wish this show didn't get canceled so soon and DIC give it another chance, but thankfully it's on DVD and Youtube now so you can see this show. Even if you aren't a sonic fan, this is a great show to see.
  • Sonic at his best. This show is amazing. My friends and I love to see sonic and his friends get in all sorts of mischeif. Although the graphics aren't quite as good, that's what it was in 1993.

Sonic at his best. This show is amazing. My friends and I love to see sonic and his friends get in all sorts of mischeif. Although the graphics aren't quite as good, that's what it was in 1993. I am glad to see that these have been re-released on to dvds. I love seeing Sonic, Tails, and the gang on my tv. This is a great show for people of all ages (recommened for kids). Right now I own all the dvds that have came out and I cant stop watching them. The only problem I've found is the voices sometimes don't match up. I say if your a fan of the games, then this is the show for you.
  • This is the first cartoon based on the Sonic series. It was my favorite Sonic cartoon before "Sonic X".

This is the first cartoon that Sonic the Hedgehog starred in. It is WAY better than the other two Sonic cartoons by Dic Animations, because the other two Sonic cartoons ever made ("Sonic the Hedgehog" and "Sonic Underground") had absolutely nothing to do with the video games. The reason I like Sonic a lot is because he is a great video game hero. And just like in the games, the show has him and his best friend, Tails, going on adventures while stopping Dr. Robotnik from trying to take over the world. In this show, Dr. Robotnik has three robots that help him try to do his dirty work for him. The robots are: Scratch (a tall, thin robotic chicken), Grounder (a tunneling robot that was an enemy from "Sonic the Hedgehog 2"), and Coconuts (a robotic monkey that was also an enemy from "Sonic the Hedgehog 2"). This show only has minimal flaws, yet it is worth watching.
  • Awsome show.

Sega used Sonic The Hedgehog to replace Alex Kidd as Sega's mascot by replacing the Genesis' first bundled game, Altered Beast with 1991's, Sonic The Hedgehog. Sonic had more attitude than Nintendo's mascot, Mario, Sonic was fast, he would tap his foot impatiently if you stop, and his games were more fast-pased than Mario's games.

Around the time after Sonic 2 was released in 1992 Sonic had his own TV show, The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog now featuring Sonic's new sidekick, Tails. The show introduces Dr. Robotnik's new robots, Scratch and Grounder who are very funny because they act very stupidly. The episodes are fun to watch, and I am very exited about the DVD release in July.
< 1 2