The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog

(ended 1993)

Kennymacdougall

The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog Fan Reviews (56)

• This worthless TV Show translation doesn't seem to match the popularity of the original game.

3.5
    When I was more of a sonic lover at age 4 in 1999 (now a hater at age 12 today in 2008), I heard this was airing on Toon Disney at the time. Sadly, I wasted too much time in my life and couldn't see a single episode. Now it is being used in YouTube Poops and websites everywhere, and I finally saw some of it. I was very disappointed. "Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog" was originally offered to ABC for Saturday morning broadcasting. But because ABC executives found the series to be lacking in plot and animation, ABC told DiC to scrap it and work on another Sonic cartoon. Its replacement was the second series, Sonic the Hedgehog.

Sonic is voiced by Jaleel White, and was mentioned as Sonic's most embarrassing moment in an EGA issue.

The Sonic Says messages at the end of each episode just washes away his cool.

In the episode "Pseudo Sonic", Sonic and Tails(?) went to a flower bed with someone named "Rat". They had some sort of allergic reaction and it inflated their bodies.

In the episode "Mass Transit Trouble", Robotnik plants bombs at three of Mobius' centers of transport (an airport, a lighthouse and a railway station), threatening to cause chaos unless Sonic can effectively be in three places at once. This episode was later banned from Toon Disney airings due to the 9/11 attacks. Now that's superiorly offensive to Americans.

Planet Mobius is in a rather weird and futuristic setting, other than just entirely tree from Sonic SatAM.

If you're looking for action and excitement, this is the wrong show to watch.

I don't want any hate comments about this review. This my opinion about it as a Sonic hater. Watch it and see for yourself, but I wouldn't recommend doing so.