The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog

(ended 1993)

Kennymacdougall

The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog Fan Reviews (56)

• Cartoon King's review of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.

4.5
    Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog is the first animated TV show based on SEGA's Sonic the Hedgehog video game series. It premiered in 1993 and was in syndication since it's first episode. Jaleel White (Steve Urkel) voiced Sonic in this show, and he did a great job at his voice he suited the character perfectly. And luckily he voiced him in the two other Sonic cartoons too, but he sadly didn't get to voice him in the games yet. (and he probably never will either) The show was produced by DiC Entertainment (the same company who created Inspector Gadget, and Heathcliff) and they later created Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Underground. This show is very childish in comparison to the other two Sonic cartoons. For example in the other two shows Dr. Robotnik is evil and has already taken over mobius. In this show he is a fat moron who can't do anything and is almost as horrible of a villain as Swiper the Fox from Dora the Explorer. And at least Snivley was a good sidekick villain for Robotnik, Scratch and Grounder are annoying and can't do anything. The Sonic Says segments are useless and annoying. Seriously who wants to hear Sonic talk to kids about smoking and drinking? And another thing why is Sonic such a jerk in this show? I know he's supposed to have an attitude and everything but they really exagerrated it in this show. Also Sonic's supposed to go on dangerous and exciting adventures. In this show his adventures are boring. In the other shows and games Robotnik comes up with good plans and turns animals into evil robots. In this show he is Wile E. Coyote and Sonic is the Road Runner. Not that there's anything wrong with Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner shorts, I'm just saying that I don't want to see that in a Sonic cartoon. The people of Mobius are supposed to be animals. In this show even though Sonic and Tails are animals I've seen alot of people in the backgrounds who were things like: baloons and hot dogs!? The plots are stupid and make no sense and this show is one of the most twisted cartoon shows of all time and I don't mean that in a good way. The Ren & Stimpy Show and SpongeBob SquarePants are twisted in a good way. This show is twisted in a horrible way! But at least it's not as horrible as Sonic X. Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog is a horrible cartoon show. Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Underground are obviously way better shows. I would only reccomend this show for kids who are between the ages of 3 and 9 years old. Or people who love Sonic so much that they won't admit to anything he's in being horrible.

RATING: 4.6/10 (Mediocre)