The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog

(ended 1993)

Kennymacdougall

The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog Fan Reviews (58)

• I wish this show wasn't taken off so soon

Out of all the Sonic shows that were ever made, this is by far the funniest. AoSTH is about everyone's favorite blue hedgehog, Sonic, and his pal Tails. Together they face Dr. Robotnik and his henchmen robots, Scratch and Grounder. So the show stays true to the game's premise, and it got better. Each episode was about Robotnik trying to take over Mobius, and each episode is very funny. The epsiodes had excellent slap stick humor that got better with each episode and never fails to impress. I love how the show does a reference to Loony Toons with Scratch and Grounder chasing Sonic and laying traps, and it was a great reference to Wile E. Coyote. I also loved how funny Robotnik could be and act so over the top and constanly say "I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG!" it was so amusing. Sonic is also hilarious with his antics and amusing ways to defeat Robotnik. Scratch and Grounder were by far my favorite though. They were always bickering at each other and being so dumb, that it was hilarious. Tails was great in this show as well, and was the least wacky character in this show. The artwork is great and hasn't aged badly at all and the animation is great, but it does get repetitive as same animation scenes are used again a lot. At the end, we are treated to a segment called Sonic Says. it was Sonic giving a moral message to kids like not running away, or not cheating. It was a decent way to try to teach kids lessons, but I doubt any of them listened and were more into seeing Sonic instead. I really wish this show didn't get canceled so soon and DIC give it another chance, but thankfully it's on DVD and Youtube now so you can see this show. Even if you aren't a sonic fan, this is a great show to see.