TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Best & Worst Epsiodes Of Season One

MrBond5000

[1]Feb 13, 2007
    • level: 11
    Whats is your favorite and lest favorite episode of season one. My favorite episodes were The Mind Machine and The Deserted Village.Worst epsiodes were Rescue & The Stolen Costume.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Miracleman1

[2]Jul 8, 2007
    • level: 8

I just watched "The Stolen Costume" a few minutes ago and it wasn't too bad, IMO. Although it was kind of weird having Supes essentially kill the bad guys at the end. But then, I guess the writers kind of painted themselves into a corner with the plot and it was their only way out. They did their best to keep Superman's hands clean, but come on, he killed them. As surely as if he had pushed them off the cliff himself.

Was it just me, or was the picture quality on that episode unusually bad? Not a lot of preservation effort put forth on that episode. Perhaps you're not the only one who disliked the episode.

Anyways, I'm still working my way through season one, so I can't really comment of my best & worst right now. I just wanted to comment on "The Stolen Costume" after having just viewed it and seeing that you mentioned it.

Miracleman1

[3]Aug 3, 2007
    • level: 8

OK, I finally finished watching season one and here are my votes for best & worst.

The Best: Mystery in Wax

A woman famous for making Wax Sculptures of people also has an uncanny ability to predict the imminent deaths of people. After apparently successfully predicting the death of a man in the opening of the episode, she then turns her prescient powers to predicting Perry White's imminent death.

Even though I don't believe in people being able to predict the future, I'm kind of a sucker for stories like this. There's a definite feeling of dread after each of the woman's death predictions. Of course Perry doesn't believe in any of it, but everyone else around him is at least a little bit worried. When you throw in the whole Wax museum angle to the story and it makes for a pretty creepy (in a good way) episode.

The worst: The Evil Three

The basic plot of the episode isn't too bad. It's your basic Scooby Doo plot. A couple of guys try to scare Perry & Jimmy away from a country Inn to protect their claim to a hidden treasure. Nothing too special here, but not really God awful either.

The reason that I rate this episode so poorly though, is because it features one of the most unappealing characters that I have ever seen in ANY SHOW. I'm talking about the old hag. Not only is she rather unattractive physically speaking, but she also has a thoroughly repugnant cackling laugh and she's prone to belting out soul piercingly shrill screams at the slightest provocation. You really have to see the episode to appreciate just how unappealing she is.

Kadodian

[4]Dec 18, 2007
    • level: 23
    The stolen costume was really good.

GameraTrekkie

[5]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 13

Some of my favorite episodes from the season are Superman on Earth, The Mind Machine, The Secret of Superman, No Holds Barred, The Stolen Costume, and The Human Bomb.

If I had to pick my least favorite episode from the first season, it would be The Haunted Lighthouse. It wasn't a very good Jimmy episode