Adventures of Superman

(ended 1958)

mrdivot

Adventures of Superman Fan Reviews (29)

• For an older show, meaning that this series is way before my time, Im thuroughly impressed!

Its sad to know that the man who played this outstanding hero is now dead. But as we all know, this is definite extention that lead to Superman's longevity in our culture. I would high suggest this series to anyone who loves Superman and what he stands for (especially in this day and age of the 21st century). Being that this series was written and show in a totally different era, it stands by a code of conduct that was meant for another time obviously but the fact remains the meaning behind the stories still reign true for us that are fans and supports of this outstanding representation of what the United States of America stand for.

Believe me when I say that we truly need a "superman" anymore with all that is going on in world. But thanks to the creation of Superman, it gives us a chance to think about what it would be like to have such a great being in our world.

What needs to be understood is that this show could very well have been ahead of its time. Thats to say that being that Superman is not from our planet and still was able to see what it was we as the beings he was here to protect. More to the point, the show was written so we saw the soft, yet firm, side of the boy in blue. And I honestly think thats the reason why we as his fans and admires enjoy the idea of having a "superman" in our lives.

It's great to know that such an outstanding piece of art was brought to the air (especially for those of this time) to enjoy. I think its a great way for those of us that were not of that era to learn the ins and out of what make made Superman so great (comic books aside). Long live George Reeves and his spirit of what became a long standing precurser of what we know to be a definite Superman!