Aeon Flux Forums

MTV - Music Television (ended 1995)

Aeons movie outfit?

theevilgecko

[1]Dec 2, 2005
    • level: 1
    Were you disappointed with the movie interpretation of Aeon Flux’s signature skimpy outfit? http://www.vizu.com/vote_poll.jsp?n=3165&cId=39 I totally was.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

StarlightMaker

[2]Dec 4, 2005
    • level: 33
    theevilgecko wrote:
    Were you disappointed with the movie interpretation of Aeon Flux’s signature skimpy outfit? http://www.vizu.com/vote_poll.jsp?n=3165&cId=39 I totally was.

No. Why? Where you? How can anyone be disappointed with Charlize? I mean, I'm not Charlize-crazy, but I still think she's a wonderful actress with a great body... well, not in Monster. But, basically in everything else.

lequericacalvo

[3]Dec 11, 2005
    • level: 32
    theevilgecko wrote:

I was kind off.

litaflux

[4]Dec 19, 2005
    • level: 6
    I thought her outfit was awesome. And she looked great in it too.

Honestly if they portrayed her outfit exactly as it was in the cartoon she'd look like a little bit of a skank.

lequericacalvo

[5]Aug 16, 2006

theevilgecko wrote:

Yes "that´s my final answer Regis".

Jezzen

[6]May 24, 2007
    • level: 10
    That's the reason why I never watched the movie. If they changed this, they probably changed the haircolour camps, too. And everything else I loved about the series. So what if Charlize looked good in the outfit, she didn't look like Aeon. So thumbs down. Way down.

CMitchell317

[7]Jun 12, 2007
    Not at all. Sure it wasn't the signature Aeon outfit, but they explained that in the DVD extras. A costume is going to stay on a cartoon no matter what, but with a live person they had to come up with something that would be functional during the action sequences.

lequericacalvo

[8]Jun 17, 2007
    CMitchell317 wrote:
    A costume is going to stay on a cartoon no matter what, but with a live person they had to come up with something that would be functional during the action sequences.

That´s right.

Jezzen

[9]Jun 22, 2007

CMitchell317 wrote:
    Not at all. Sure it wasn't the signature Aeon outfit, but they explained that in the DVD extras. A costume is going to stay on a cartoon no matter what, but with a live person they had to come up with something that would be functional during the action sequences.

So that's why they had to cover her neck to feet? Milla Jovovich was wearing a lot less in Resident Evil, and so was Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider. And I did not notice any inappropriate parts flying out. I am not going to advocate female nudity, but in this case it seemed to me to be a rating-issue more than anything else.

CMitchell317

[10]Aug 15, 2007
    Jezzen wrote:

CMitchell317 wrote:

So that's why they had to cover her neck to feet? Milla Jovovich was wearing a lot less in Resident Evil, and so was Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider. And I did not notice any inappropriate parts flying out. I am not going to advocate female nudity, but in this case it seemed to me to be a rating-issue more than anything else.

I actually didn't even think about Tomb Raider and Resident Evil. They aren't nearly as futuristic as Aeon Flux so I don't really put them in the same category costume wise, but you make a good point.

lequericacalvo

[11]Nov 1, 2007
    Jezzen wrote:

CMitchell317 wrote: