Afro Samurai Forums

Spike TV (ended 2008)

Afro Samurai live action movie

BigG11082

[1]Jan 26, 2009
    • level: 9

I have heard that they might be making a live action version of Afro Samurai. So I ask who you think should direct it or who should play afro or any other character.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Trollwrangler

[2]Jan 26, 2009
    • level: 5

Samuel L. Jackson for Afro of course, he's done sword stylings before in Star Wars.

But please for the love of the holy burrito let Angelina Jolie NOT be anyone in it. I just hate her so much, perhaps I shouldn't be regarded when I talk about her.

Maybe David Carradine(Kill Bill) for Justice. He has the right voice and a face that could be made to resemble Justice.

I've never seen the voice actor for Jino(or Kuma if he's the Teddy), but as long as he's white he would probably make a good actor. He'd need some martial arts training though.

BigG11082

[4]Jan 27, 2009

I would like to see Quentin Tarantino direct it because he has experience from directing Kill Bill

David Carradine from Kill Bill or maybe even Ron Perlman

BigG11082

[5]Jan 27, 2009

to play Justice

The_Nobody101

[6]Jan 27, 2009
    • level: 4
    Wesley Snipes(spell check?) could play afro and Samuel L. Jackson as ninja.

gokusatsuken

[7]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 10
    I actually heard word of them choosing Andre 3000 from Outkast to play Afro Samurai and using Samuel L. Jackson to play his father. I haven't heard anything about the rest of the potential cast yet. I would think that for Justice they need a good actor who is skinny enough for them to alter his appearance with some CGI and not look completely unreal, as well as having the evil voice to go with it. As for Jinno/Kuma, if he has the teddy bear helmet on the whole time it might not matter who plays him. As for the ladies, they could use Kelly Hu or Lucy Lui on the screen since they have already lent their voices to the series.

gokusatsuken

[8]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 10
    Actually Milo Ventimiglia from 'Heroes' could be able to play Jinno. He just needs the sword training.

Trollwrangler

[9]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 5

I think it's rather cosmically funny that a lot of the characters in this show could be played at least possibly well by their voice actors.

Ron Perlman probably shouldn't play justice unless he lost a lot of weight to have the right size. I must reiterate that David Carradine would be a good choice because his voice actually sounds a little like Ron Perlman's take on Justice.

Perlman would be pretty perfect for the role of Brother six (Massive dude with bamboo backpack).