Afro Samurai Forums

Spike TV (ended 2008)

Afro Samurai video games

gokusatsuken

[1]Jan 18, 2007
    • level: 10
    I just wanted to get everybody's opinions on the upcoming Afro Samurai video games that should be coming out within the next couple of months. Does anybody think that these games will be worth everyone's time or are they going to be a waste of resources?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Emperor26

[2]Jan 18, 2007
    • level: 13

Hopefully, the game will lived up to the show's success.

Then again, it is being made by Namco.

Giggabite

[3]Feb 2, 2007
    • level: 4
    Ideally i would love for this game to be very close to the animation style of the show. Keep it very stylised with the soundtrack and voice cast of the show also.
    I'd love to work on this project myself to be honest

gunswordfist

[4]Feb 6, 2007
    gokusatsuken wrote:
    I just wanted to get everybody's opinions on the upcoming Afro Samurai video games that should be coming out within the next couple of months. Does anybody think that these games will be worth everyone's time or are they going to be a waste of resources?
    Whoa. I thought this was going to be a 'What if Afro had a game' thread. lol Shoulda came here a long time ago. They won't be worth the time. Much more popular anime has garbage games like Naruto and Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist. I'm pretty sure they'll try to use Afro to cash in on its fanbase. Fans PLEASE stay away from these games.

gunswordfist

[6]Feb 7, 2007
    DeBOG wrote:
    Don't tell fans to stay away from a game you have never played. Especially since you are judging a game that you had not even heard of untill you just read this thread. Way to be a moron!
    STFU!!!!!! Don't come here trying to tell me what to say when you play anime games b/c you have no life and would buy a game b/c it has Naruto or Bleach slapped on it and don't really care if it's bad. You GOT THAT, little boy.

DeBOG

[7]Feb 7, 2007
    • level: 3
    gunswordfist wrote:
    DeBOG wrote:
    Don't tell fans to stay away from a game you have never played. Especially since you are judging a game that you had not even heard of untill you just read this thread. Way to be a moron!
    STFU!!!!!! Don't come here trying to tell me what to say when you play anime games b/c you have no life and would buy a game b/c it has Naruto or Bleach slapped on it and don't really care if it's bad. You GOT THAT, little boy.

Im not a fan of any other anime besides Afro Samurai, and Im not sure I would even buy the game. The point was not to judge somthing you have no clue about. Before you start calling someone "little boy" look at your post and see how mature it was.

gunswordfist

[8]Feb 8, 2007
    DeBOG wrote:
    gunswordfist wrote:
    DeBOG wrote:
    Im not a fan of any other anime besides Afro Samurai, and Im not sure I would even buy the game. The point was not to judge somthing you have no clue about. Before you start calling someone "little boy" look at your post and see how mature it was.
    Oh sure. 'Way to be a moron' is really shows that you're a man/sarcasm. Look son, all anime games are bad and don't come here insulting me over my opinion. So just STFU and get a life.

DeBOG

[10]Feb 8, 2007
    Super_Orbit wrote:

And who knows? Maybe the Afro game will be good.

Thats all Im trying to get across, not to judge it before you play it. Sorry if I insulted you when I called you a moron, its just bashing somthing you have no clue about really doesn't show much intelligence.

gunswordfist

[11]Feb 8, 2007
    Super_Orbit wrote:

Kid, you're the one acting like a dick.

Why'd you delete his post? He didn't say anything wrong, at all.

Listen, you're not the ruler of this forum. Nobody is, except any mods. Its for everyone, and your vision on anime games is just an opinion.

And who knows? Maybe the Afro game will be good.

I said it was my opinion so STFU and don't pretend like you know what you're talking about.

DeBOG

[12]Feb 9, 2007
    Stop telling me to "STFU" like you own the forums. Im not saying you arent entitled to your opinion, but being ignorant and saying a game will suck before even playing is dumb.

I also love that my posts are getting deleted and not yours, even though yours contains so much more flaming.

sylent_asassin

[13]Feb 12, 2007
    • level: 26
    Oh, for crying out loud! Let's talk about the game. Myself, I never knew there was one being created. Before I purchase anything, I check on various gaming sites like IGN.com which is a pretty credible resource. They have pretty much the same taste and interests as I do so I trust their reviews. I would suggest taking advantage of their expertise.

Regarding the game, I hope it's done in the style as the cartoon. At first, I was skeptical about the show, but after a few episodes, it's very entertaining. One problem I have is the fight scenes. Their too jumbled and half the time you can't make out what's going on.

Little_harsh

[14]Feb 13, 2007
    • level: 5

I hope the game wuold be worth it but usally anime games, and movie games never sell well cause the people creating the game leaves a out a lot of stuff usally

gunswordfist

[15]Feb 13, 2007
    DeBOG wrote:
    Stop telling me to "STFU" like you own the forums. Im not saying you arent entitled to your opinion, but being ignorant and saying a game will suck before even playing is dumb.

I also love that my posts are getting deleted and not yours, even though yours contains so much more flaming.
    Stop with the whining and get over yourself.

Anyway, who's making this game?

pakelikea

[16]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 5
    hopefully the series will keep up with a lot more episodes before the game. There have only been 5 with no other ones announced right?

gunswordfist

[17]Feb 21, 2007
    pakelikea wrote:
    hopefully the series will keep up with a lot more episodes before the game. There have only been 5 with no other ones announced right?
    Rumors say that if the show gets popular enough, more episodes will be made. They also say there will be a live action Afro Samurai.

GeoFlame

[18]Mar 28, 2007
    • level: 8
    DVD sales will drive more eps to be made so lets support the show
    as for the game, aside from the argueing that has gone on here, I can say for sure the game will fall flat, no i never played it or seen anything from it. But its based on how things go in the gaming industry with shows and movies 9 times outta 10 they turn out to be bad so I wouldnt get your hopes up for it, sure we all could be surprised by something good but dont expect it too.

xXxVigil

[19]Jun 1, 2007
    • level: 2
    GeoFlame wrote:
    DVD sales will drive more eps to be made so lets support the show
    as for the game, aside from the argueing that has gone on here, I can say for sure the game will fall flat, no i never played it or seen anything from it. But its based on how things go in the gaming industry with shows and movies 9 times outta 10 they turn out to be bad so I wouldnt get your hopes up for it, sure we all could be surprised by something good but dont expect it too.

i highly dout they will be making more eps no matter how many dvds we buy and as for the game i wouldnt dout it yet i mean the show is a fighting type show and they game could be fun its easy to make games for those types of shows

MBII_Dolla_Bill

[20]Oct 4, 2007
    gunswordfist wrote:
    gokusatsuken wrote:
    Whoa. I thought this was going to be a 'What if Afro had a game' thread. lol Shoulda came here a long time ago. They won't be worth the time. Much more popular anime has garbage games like Naruto and Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist. I'm pretty sure they'll try to use Afro to cash in on its fanbase. Fans PLEASE stay away from these games.

Dude, don't judge anything b4 it even comes out. And you can't generalize and say all anime games suck.