Afro Samurai

The Clan of the Empty Seven

Aired Thursday 11:00 PM Jan 18, 2007 on Spike TV

• Afro had to run straight through the Empty Seven!

I have to give props to Takashi for creating the most explosive, technologically inclusive, and animatically seductive episode yet. This one had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It's hard tp say that this has exceeded my expectaions at all, because as soon as I heard about the series I knew that this would be the result.

Afro basically walks straight into the Empty Seven stronghold, and starts bringing down the house, or should I say temple. The Empty Seven Clan bring out their secret weapon that was meant to take on Justice but instead use it on Afro. He is intercepted by a robot that looks exactly like him, knows all of his moves, and can execute them in a fraction of the time. The vengeful samurai is forced to pull out some moves that he didn't even know he had, so that he can take down his mechanized foe.

After a close call, he continues on his way and takes out most of the Empty Seven Clan. But before he can keep going through, his cybernetic doppleganger pops up for yet another unexpected visit. The battle continues on with the walking arsenal, who seems to be a glutton for punishment, and brings on some more collateral damage. Needless to say, Afro defeats the immitation and continues to fight for another episode!