Against The Wall Forums

Lifetime (ended 2011)

Lighter than expected

Jemadari

[1]Aug 1, 2011
    • level: 12

My favorite cop show is Hill Street Blues which ran for 7 years and ended before I was born, I say this to point out that i'm a cop show watching fool,that being said I expected them to go edgier sort of like Blue Bloods but with a focus on Internal Affairs

The scenes with her brother's partner seemed for lack of a better term "immature",being a big classic film fan I'm used to watching movies that rely on solid plots and storytelling to keep the viewers interested

The scenes with her partner are somewhat "off" at times, they seemed to talk like old friends and other times her partner seemed annoyed with her for not showing her new position it's due respect,take a stance either she annoys you or you want to help her...and I get rounding out her character but her friend just seemed forced and unnecessary

In every cop show when I.A. is involved the other cops respond like gang members and no one ever seems notice the parallels, which I have always found odd and just a bit unsettling,this show might shed light on a useful branch of the police force but there are definitely a few areas which could use improvement

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

angeland8

[2]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 10
    Loved it! I didn't expect this show to be so good. I can't say it's the most original show ever, but it somehow managed not to be another boring procedural. Very good!

txgirl75

[3]Oct 7, 2011
    • level: 23
    it's a pretty good shows. Got this show and Desperate housewives so love Sunday nights.

ltcomstella

[4]Oct 14, 2011
    • level: 18

this show has a few bad points which show doesn't ?

watch it for the comedy and occasional nastiness

i love her cake baking mum (my mum is similar)

i agree her friend maggie is it ? is a bit silly and daft,

and the stupid love triangle within a few episodes will get tiresome soon, for me brody is better this lawyer guy charlie is it is has the potential to be a stalker/slimeball jock / a hole easily

also anyone else think the story of a dirty cop who has a case being made against him, ends withsaid bad copgetting shot dead feel like a waste of time, money showing signs the writers are lazy a good sign ?

angeland8

[5]Oct 17, 2011
    • level: 10
    ltcomstella wrote:

and the stupid love triangle within a few episodes will get tiresome soon, for me brody is better this lawyer guy charlie is it is has the potential to be a stalker/slimeball jock / a hole easily

Yeah, that's my main problem with this show right now. The whole triangle looks so fake. Abby is a nice girl and I can easily imagine that two guys like her. But the lawer is just awful, they have no chemistry, I cannot believe she feels anything about him at all. And there's really something repulsive and suspicious about him.
    So please, drop this 'triangle', choose Brody and move on.

What I really like is her family story. Absolutely love her parents, brothers and her neighbour.

It's a pretty good solid show, nice procedural.

babyblue3103

[6]Jan 2, 2012
    • level: 2

Anyone know when season 2 is being aired?

dif_frent

[7]Jan 4, 2012
    • level: 9
    I took to watching this show quite late. I've been through the first six episodes so far and I must say I like it more and more. First of all I like Abby very much: she's nice, smart, and beautiful. I first saw the actress in season 1 of The Glades, and was impressed by her acting, There was a real chemistry between her and Jim Longworth there. Wish it had ended otherwise. She plays differently here. The other actors are also good here except for that lawyer guy. He's a disaster. At times it feels as if he reads his lines from a prompter, not looking at Abby at all. No, it doesn't feel, he does read from a prompter. Terrible. On the bright side, we've got two excellent, and beautiful detectives teamed up: Kowalski and Flores.

dif_frent

[8]Jan 4, 2012
    Hey! I've just read on Rachael Carpani (Abby Kowalski) profile page, here on tv.com, that she is in a ralationship with Matt Passmore (Jim Longworth on The Glade). That explains why there was so much chemistry between them in The Glades.

dif_frent

[9]Jan 17, 2012
    After all 13 episodes, I must admit the show is likeable and light. There are some poor moments like that delivery in the lift in the last episode, where you don't know whether to cry or laugh at the stupidity of the moment and bad scripting, but overall it's fun to watch. The actor playing Danny the Lawyer remained a disaster in the second part of the season. If someone does not agree, just see his conversation with Richie (or was ir Brody?) again, where he definitely reads from a prompter. If the guy does not have the time to memorize his lines, why does he bother to play at all?

ltcomstella

[10]Feb 18, 2012
    • level: 18

this show as ended in 2011 ?! so that means cancelled does it ? tv rage also says it's over

WTF!!!!