We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

New Poirot episodes coming to America this Sunday!

mysteryfan427

[1]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 22
    Just to let all you Poirot fans know, three new Poirot episodes are coming on A&E on Sunday. Here is the schedule:

The Mystery of the Blue Train
    Sunday, December 11 @ 9AM EST

After the Funeral
    Sunday, December 11 @ 11AM EST

Cards on the Table
    Sunday, December 11 @ 1PM EST

No news yet on Taken at the Flood. And personally, I would advise you to either tape or watch these films when they air. I doubt that A&E is going to show them again. It seems their old programming of mysteries has been replaced by "Dog the Bounty Hunter" and other reality shows.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

djw66

[2]Dec 10, 2005
    • level: 3
    A true pity that a quality show like Poirot is a one-shot on A&E, and a show like 'Dog' runs ad infitum (sigh). Only wish I could {a.} learn how to program the VCR or {b.} skive off work this Sunday

Dave

mysteryfan427

[3]Dec 10, 2005
    I know what you mean. However, if you have Biography Channel, they will probably repeat the episodes a couple months from now.

djw66

[4]Dec 11, 2005
    I did skip work and watched (I'm a writer and can do that ) - excellent as usual. What did you think, mysteryfan?

mysteryfan427

[5]Dec 11, 2005
    I would rank the episodes like this:

1. After the Funeral (Just all around a great adaptation, and the cast was wonderful!)

2. Cards on the Table (Would have been even better than After the Funeral but the stupid changes made at the end really brought the episode down, in my opinion. It was still great, though.)

3. The Mystery of the Blue Train (Something just seemed to be missing, but I can't place my finger on what.)

djw66

[6]Dec 11, 2005
    I enjoyed them all; especially with the Poirot withdrawal's I've been suffering from. I agree about Blue Train. It seemed to be a bit lacking in the intrigue, the 'jen ne se qua' as it were. After The Funeral was nearly a perfect Poirot, IMHO, and I did like Cards on the Table, though I thought the girl drowning after attempting to kill her friend at the lake was unneeded and a bit gratuitous. I did see the resolution coming in that one.

More, please A&E

haqqeye

[7]Dec 12, 2005
    • level: 1
    HELP!!!
    My mom and I are both huge Poirot fans, and neither one of us saw the listings for these three episodes til they were over!!! I am so ticked! Why did A & E not advertise these?!! I watch this channel all the time and never saw any ads.
    Now, after much searching, I cannot find that they will air anytime soon, and I cannot get the Biography channel either!
    SO, I am wondering if anyone taped these three that I can buy a video tape from them??
    Please let me know!!
    Thanks!

djw66

[8]Dec 15, 2005
    I believe, though I'm by no means certain, that there will be at least six episodes in this so-called fifth season, as the DVDs I have of the feature length Poirot episodes are six episodes long. We will have to wait for a DVD release of the current season, unfortunatley. Correct me if I'm wrong on the number of episodes in this season.

mysteryfan427

[9]Dec 16, 2005
    I believe there are only going to be four. The one that remains is Taken at the Flood.

djw66

[10]Dec 16, 2005
    Pity, that. Saw 'Taken' on the episode list. I wonder if there's a site that has the production schedule for the remaining Christie Poirots? A&E is such a hit-or-miss proposition with Poirot.
    Dave

mysteryfan427

[11]Dec 18, 2005
    haqqeye wrote:
    HELP!!!
    My mom and I are both huge Poirot fans, and neither one of us saw the listings for these three episodes til they were over!!! I am so ticked! Why did A & E not advertise these?!! I watch this channel all the time and never saw any ads.
    Now, after much searching, I cannot find that they will air anytime soon, and I cannot get the Biography channel either!
    SO, I am wondering if anyone taped these three that I can buy a video tape from them??
    Please let me know!!
    Thanks!

A&E is selling them on their website for $30 each. Unfortunately they aren't the official DVDs, just ones that A&E produced, with no menus, scene selection, or anything else. They also don't ship until the end of January. However, they do contain the movies, and if you are really desperate to see them (I would be if I missed them) you should get these. On the other hand, in a couple of months the official DVDs will probably come out, so maybe you want to wait for those.

samiam78

[12]Dec 28, 2005
    • level: 5
    So unfair. Im in Australia who knows when we will get them.

mysteryfan427

[13]Dec 28, 2005
    I know what you feel like. It was like that with us Americans last year. We saw them nearly a year after the British had seen them. Not that I have anything against the Brits (otherwise I wouldn't be watching this show!), it's just that I do have something against A&E for showing them so late. At least we got lucky this year.

By the way, "Poirot: The New Mysteries Collection Volume 2" will be coming out in America on April. It has the three new episodes we saw, and, hopefully, "Taken at the Flood" also.

djw66

[14]Jan 1, 2006
    A&E disgusts me; I only discovered the Suchet Poirot by dumb accident a year or so ago while surfing channels in the middle of the night, as it was, of course, not listed in the TV guide. I caught 'Murder in the Mews' about half-way through and was hooked, but good. Many DVD purchases have followed.

I bare no enmity in basis to A&E, I just wish they were more consistent with, and raise the bar of, their programming. It seems so arbitrary.

I do anticipate the DVD release of the new mysteries.

It is a real shame the Aussies are in the same boat as us in the USA when it comes to Poirot.

Dave

samiam78

[15]Jan 2, 2006
    • level: 5
    I am hoping the ABC will put them on soon. We got 4 last year(though i wasn't overly impressed by them) and then 4 Miss Marple ones. Then Hallmark Australia channel on cable repeated them. Hallmark have repeat Poirot series running constantly.

I would love to see Hasting, Japp, and Miss Lemmon make a re-appearance at some point. There are still so many of Agatha's stories that involve Poirot that haven't been done yet.

Ethandune

[16]Jan 4, 2006
    • level: 54
    samiam78 wrote:
    There are still so many of Agatha's stories that involve Poirot that haven't been done yet.

Hi, samiam78. By my reckoning, there are seventy-two Poirot stories by Agatha Christie (some of them are short stories, some are books), and Granada has filmed fifty-seven of them with David Suchet as Poirot. That leaves around fifteen to go. At the present rate of four a year, they should get there in four more years. David Suchet has said he wants to finish the whole lot... Of course, Jeremy Brett didn't manage it with the Granada series of Sherlock Holmes, which in my view is very, very sad.

SPARKLE4U

[17]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 12
    djw66 wrote:
    A&E disgusts me; I only discovered the Suchet Poirot by dumb accident a year or so ago while surfing channels in the middle of the night, as it was, of course, not listed in the TV guide. I caught 'Murder in the Mews' about half-way through and was hooked, but good. Many DVD purchases have followed.

I bare no enmity in basis to A&E, I just wish they were more consistent with, and raise the bar of, their programming. It seems so arbitrary. I do anticipate the DVD release of the new mysteries.

It is a real shame the Aussies are in the same boat as us in the USA when it comes to Poirot.

Dave

Thankfully, our satellite system has a special place called a personal program guide. I can "remind" myself of any program for the future (hours or several days!!)

This way I don't miss any episodes of Poirot!! Fortunately, I can watch him in the early morning or that afternoon (same episode!!)

SPARKLE4U

[18]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 12
    djw66 wrote:
    I did skip work and watched (I'm a writer and can do that ) - excellent as usual. What did you think, mysteryfan?

Mysteryfan has left the building!! He decided not to continue being a member of this site!! Says it was too addictive, which is true.

I take breaks, so as not to burn out!!

sherrasoul

[19]Feb 13, 2007
    • level: 1
    im a huge fan of poirot japp and hastings i only wish they would do cat among the pigeons, black coffee and the big four i also want to see more of ms marple

Phoenix911983

[20]Jun 8, 2007
    • level: 9

Is "Poirot" Still playing in America now (June 2007) I've never seen it and I'm interested

Edited on 06/08/2007 8:55pm