Age of Love Forums

NBC (ended 2007)

Finale Decision!!!!!!!!!! *(Spoiler)*

What did you think of Mark's decision?

LexClarkaresexy

[1]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 15
    So for you guys who have watched the last episode and know who he picked,what do you think of the finale decision? I for one really thought it was the wrong chose. I think he went more shallow at the end because I thought he really liked Jen more,with the way the were towards each other. I think in the end he picked someone who would grow older with him, even thought that is not a bad thing or all, but I think he made the wrong decision. As Jen said,I feel that he would have choosen me if I was just a bit younger and I do believe it is true. So what do you guys think?????
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

redfiretruck

[2]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 9
    Wish, wish, wish he had chosen Jen.

marylexie

[3]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 1
    I agree - I think he picked Amanda for the "future factor". In case he'd want kids..As if it'll ever get there. This guys wants someone, anyone. He's just thrilled that he'll be getting some. He just looked happier when with Jen. Especially when those darn trailers keep saying, "You'll be shocked at the results!" Oh brother. I believe Jen was right when she said thay he would have picked her if she were younger. Amanda was way too awestruck early on. Well I'm glad we at least got to meet Jen.
    Edited on 08/06/2007 8:12pm

annie_okie

[4]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 28
    Did anyone else know who the winner was by the clip at the beginning of the show? "I'm sorry, but this isn't going to work out", was obviously said to Jen. She has lighter hair, and she was the only one wearing it pulled back. So....I knew who the winner was before the opening credits. I just wasted the next hour of my life hoping that I was wrong. Blah.

EJamison

[5]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 17
    I tried to figure it out from the hair but I wasn't sure. They can play tricks.

I seriously doubt that it will work out with Amanda in the long run. Are they scheduled for any talk shows?

Msblakelewis

[6]Aug 7, 2007
    • level: 21
    oh my gosh i was so mad i really thought that Mark was going to do the right thing and pick Jen but no he picks amanda i was pretty mad.Amanda is so annoying to me.

LexClarkaresexy

[7]Aug 7, 2007
    I know I really feel that I wasted my time watching the show because in the end he went for a 20 year old and I was really hoping that the results were going to turn out soooo much differnetly. I know it is your heart you have to go with but I really don't think that is what his heart really wanted.

schlprsn204

[8]Aug 7, 2007
    • level: 11
    LexClarkaresexy wrote:
    I know I really feel that I wasted my time watching the show because in the end he went for a 20 year old and I was really hoping that the results were going to turn out soooo much differnetly. I know it is your heart you have to go with but I really don't think that is what his heart really wanted.

Exactly. I personally loved Jen. She was so loving, and compassionate! And, if she was 25 too, as Amanda was, he would've picked her. Remember Mark's mom ( Who I disliked!) was like, " Oh, I like the younger one, she's so shy, she reminds me of myself!" Ummmm, no.... she didn't! Mark must've also put his mom's opinion in perspective as well. Anyway, Amanda's love towards him is an infatuation type love. It won't last long. The ending basically contradicted the WHOLE point of the show. "Age of Love!" Obviously, there is in most cases. Jen should've won!

TomWellingSexy

[9]Aug 7, 2007
    • level: 6
    I agree with all you guys 100 percent. if Jen wasn't 18 years older then him then he would of picked her!! i really don't think he was "Following his heart"and alsoAmanda is soo anoying!! Like when Jen had a gift for his mom and Amanda was like "oh i think it was childish that she was like it's my idea so you can't have it." OMG GET A LIFE!!!
    Edited on 08/07/2007 9:07am
    Edited 2 total times.

kristy3312

[10]Aug 7, 2007
    • level: 4

I agree I thought he had more chemistry on-screen with Jen, and offscreen as we saw in the last episode. But if he does want kids and Jen is over the kids factor, they wouldn't work out in the end anyhow.

Any idea if they are still together? I know this was filmed ages ago.

Msblakelewis

[11]Aug 7, 2007
    • level: 21
    TomWellingSexy wrote:
    I agree with all you guys 100 percent. if Jen wasn't 18 years older then him then he would of picked her!! i really don't think he was "Following his heart"and alsoAmanda is soo anoying!! Like when Jen had a gift for his mom and Amanda was like "oh i think it was childish that she was like it's my idea so you can't have it." OMG GET A LIFE!!!
    yeah i totally agree and i love your screename

corneliarocks

[12]Aug 7, 2007
    • level: 7

I thought he made the wrong choice. He would have been so much happier w/ Jen because she IS old, which makes her wise. Instead he picked the shallow, immature, STALKER CHIC. (Seriously, she followed Jayanna & Mark in the woods & then waited up for him like she was his wife! If I was Mark, she would have been gone after that.)

Does anyone think the decision would have been different if Megan went with them??

LexClarkaresexy

[13]Aug 8, 2007
    I have one question thought. I missed the episode when Jayanna got out, and I know that it was something that Amanda said, but what was it she said to get him to take Jayanna off. I thought she was going to stay at least till the top three so what happened.

HappyGirl818

[14]Aug 8, 2007
    • level: 10

annie_okie wrote:
    Did anyone else know who the winner was by the clip at the beginning of the show? "I'm sorry, but this isn't going to work out", was obviously said to Jen. She has lighter hair, and she was the only one wearing it pulled back. So....I knew who the winner was before the opening credits. I just wasted the next hour of my life hoping that I was wrong. Blah.

Yes! I knew he had picked Amanda from the start of the show because of the hair thing. Did anyone else notice that in the clip where he tells Jen "it's just not going to work out'" that it looks like they made her hair look darker so you would think it might be Amanda he's talking to, but then after it's revealed he was talking to Jen her hair looked lighter again. I don't know maybe I'm just too observant.lol.

Him picking Amanda kind of defeats that whole purpose of the show, because it's obvious he picked Amanda because she was younger and he wanted kids. The show's suppose to show how age doesn't matter but it completely contradicted itself in him choosing Amanda.

LexClarkaresexy- Jayanna left because Amanda told Mark that Jayanna told her that he tells all the girls the same thing and not to feel special,or something like that. Mark thought this was Jayanna's way of playing games so he sent her home.

Stingseven

[15]Aug 13, 2007
    • level: 8
    **Did anyone else know who the winner was by the clip at the beginning of the show? "I'm sorry, but this isn't going to work out", was obviously said to Jen. She has lighter hair, and she was the only one wearing it pulled back.**

Yeah, I figured it out by that clip also. Mark was on Howard Stern show in early August and said the following --

* he did not have sex with anyone on the show
    * he did get excited when Jen gave him the massage, but no action happened
    * he has not seen the "winner" since the show stopped taping on May 27, but he would like to follow through
    * he agreed with Howard that he thinks Jen has had plastic surgery
    * the callers on the show seemed more interested that Mark dated Anna Kournikova

But, to his credit, Mark avoided all the temptations to dish dirt -- he was a gentleman throughout.

oz_junkie

[16]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 1

Mark did just fine in picking Amanda. It's amazing how peoplecan be influenced by selective editing.

www.buddytv.com/articles/age-of-love/exclusive-interview-amanda-sal-9398.aspx

Jen wasn't quite so refined and dignified as people were lead to believe. I think she was too much out there for Mark to have felt comfortable about it.

http://hollywood.outsidethebeltway.com/2007/08/jennifer-braff-age-of-love-playboy-photos

http://celebritiesconnect.com/age-of-love-star-jennifer-braff-posed-nude-for-playboy

http://www.shopglamourcon.com/catalogue/display.mv?1133765234

dareu2move

[17]Aug 23, 2007
    • level: 9
    i hated amanda and thought she was so annoying. realistically though, you knew he was going to pick a girl in her twenties because he seems a little superficial to me despite what he might have said on the show to the contrary. i doubt him and amanda will make it in the long run, her insecurity and clingyness will most likely surface soon.

IssaAkbar

[18]Aug 31, 2007
    • level: 27
    annie_okie wrote:

Yeah, major givaway! Thought he could have said something different to his aweful "I'm sorry, but I don't think it will work out" line!

Issa.

LexClarkaresexy

[19]Sep 4, 2007
    that is sooo true. I mean I don't think it wouldn't have worked out personally and I think he could have let her down better then, I'm sorry this isn't going to work between us.