A Marvel's Agent Carter Community
ABC (ended 2016)

Television loglines are like online dating profiles: They always say what they think you want to hear. But you can't get a real picture of what a show will be like until you see it in action. Many of ABC's new series have filled out their OkCupid pages with talk of fairy-tales and aliens and racially charged court cases, but will they actually be any good? Now we know! Or, well, we at least we have a better idea, because the network has accompanied its new 2014-2015 schedule with trailers for many of its new series, including Shonda Rhimes' How to Get Away With Murder, Emily Kapnek's Selfie, and new Anthony Anderson comedy Black-ish. Have a look, and then start judging away! 

How to Get Away With Murder

Another ABC drama for Shonda Rhimes! How to Get Away With Murder is a legal thriller starring Viola Davis as a criminal defense lawyer who, along with her ambitious students, gets caught up in a murder plot that will cause all sorts of problems. Sounds so ABC, right? How to Get Away With Murder will air on Thursdays at 10pm. 

Forever

In Forever, Ioan Gruffudd plays Dr. Henry Morgan, New York's most famous medical examiner, who took the job so he could study the dead. Why? Because he's immortal! With the help of his assistant, he'll solve cases while his long, rich life unfolds before us. I hope that means lots of period-piece wigs! Forever will air on Tuesdays at 10pm. 

The Whispers

Yes! Aliens! ABC + science-fiction = all sorts of entertaining, if the network's track record (V, FlashForward, etc.) is anything to go on. In The Whispers, an unseen alien threat is out to destroy us by using our kids. At least they're upfront about us never seeing the aliens. Also, Falling Skies much? The Whispers is slated for midseason. 

American Crime

Sick of shows always being funny and not taking things seriously enough? Then American Crime is here to save you. This limited-event drama, written by 12 Years a Slave's John Ridleyfollows the turmoil and tension stemming from a racially charged trial. Felicity Huffman, Timothy Hutton, and Penelope Ann Miller star. American Crime is slated for midseason.  

Secrets and Lies

Secrets and Lies is a 10-episode mystery starring Ryan Phillippe as a man who discovers the body of his neighbor's son. But instead of getting patted on the back, he becomes a prime suspect in the boy's murder. Yikes! Juliette Lewis also stars, as the detective investigating the case. This will be an open-and-closed series, with the story wrapped up in the final episode.

Selfie

From Suburgatory's Emily Kapnek, Selfie stars Karen Gillan (Doctor Who) as a woman who becomes the subject of an embarrassing viral video and hires a marketing master (John Cho) to help her repair her image. It's inspired by My Fair LadySelfie will air on Tuesdays at 8pm. 

Black-ish

Black-ish stars Anthony Anderson as a successful black man who's moving on up the ranks of the white-dominated advertising industry and raising a family that appears to be losing its cultural identity. Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) stars as his old-school dad. Black-ish will air on Wednesdays at 9:30pm, after Modern Family.

Manhattan Love Story

Manhattan Love Story (formerly My Thoughts Exactly) is a romantic comedy that shows us what men and women are really thinking when they start a new relationship. How? By letting us hear their inner thoughts. Jake Dorman and Analeigh Tipton star. Manhattan Love Story will air on Tuesdays at 8:30pm. 

Cristela

It's old culture vs. new culture! Cristela's title character (Cristela Alonzo) is about to get her first break in the field of law after six years of law school, but that conflicts with her Mexican-American family's traditional view of a working-class lifestyle. Cristela will air on Fridays at 8:30pm.

Fresh Off the Boat

More culture coming at ya! In this family comedy, an Asian clan moves to Orlando to start up a restaurant while trying to assimilate into suburban white culture. It's based on the memoir by chef Eddie Huang. 

Galavant

Oooh boy, here's Galavant, everybody! This fairy-tale musical from The Neighbors' Dan Fogelman follows Prince Galavant as he attempts to exact revenge on the evil king who stole his one true love. Timothy Omundson (Psych) and Vinnie Jones (!) star. Galavant will air between Once Upon a Time's fall finale and winter premiere. 

Note: ABC hasn't released trailers for ALL of its new shows yet, but we'll update this story as it does. Keep checking back!

Okay, let's hear your first impressions! Anything here look good to you? 

Upfronts 2014 HQ:
New Shows, Network Schedules, Video Previews, and More

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/1/2016

Season 2 : Episode 10

133 Comments
Comments (133)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I don't trust any TV network any more, you keep whatching a nice show, you like it and then boooom the network just announce they cancel the show just like that I hope they don't do that, and the person who did uploaded these clips didn't work outside the States, I had to look for them at YouTube, please next time make it available to everyone everywhere......
Flag
the user who put youtube trailers dont let people in greece watch them! i dont like this guy!! i dont want to WATCH him.for the shows i will see everything :)
Flag
The Fresh Off the Boat trailer had me laughing out loud and I usually don't like sitcoms. Very mush looking forward to this one!
Flag
Selfie looks unoriginal, stilted and . . . oh who am I kidding? I would watch anything with John Cho. I would watch Judge John Cho on daytime tv. I would watch him sell ugly shoes on QVC. I would also, apparently, watch Selfie.

Christela just seems insulting. Like it only got the greenlight because a bunch of ABC executives think "those ethnics like shows about other ethnics. It doesn't have to be good."

It seems like lazy casting that American Crime picked Timothy Hutton (fresh off playing a grieving father whose life changes after his son's death) to play a grieving father whose life changes after his sons death.
Flag
ABC has the most promising shows! I will bet on How to get away with murder, Galavant (the best new show?), Forever, American Crime, Secrets and Lies, The Whispers, Manathan Love Story and Fresh Off the Boat.
Flag
I think I will like Forever. Firstly, yay for using Iain Gruffudd's real accent! It's so much more authentic and kinda romantic. Secondly, nice to see them put a new spin on "immortal". I can see this having potential if done right. Holding thumbs!
Flag
Thanks to another friendly user I have now been able to see the trailers, and here's what I think.

Manhattan Love Story: The trailer didn't really looks all that great to me and I'm not really a big comedy or romance show watcher, but it did intrigue me enough to give it a try. Not sure if I'll be watching more than an episode though.

How To Get Away With Murder: Admittedly I've seen better show trailers, but it did pique my interest and also because it's from the creater of GA, I think I'll give it a try. This looks like the kind of show I might enjoy, so i'll probably watch at least an episode or 5 before making my judgement on it.

Forever: Honestly, the trailer was pretty crappy, but it does seem like this could be a good show, so I'll def. give it a chance. Hopefully the show itself will be better than the trailer.

Secrets and Lies: I'm really exited to watch this, though I am doubtful they can make a whole show about 1 murder and a suspect that might or might not have done it. I'm hoping there will be many twists and turns in this show to keep us on our toes.

American Crime: Saw some pretty heartbreaking moments in this trailer and I'm a sucker for those. It looks really good and I'm exited to watch it. Depending on how good the actual show will be, this might even become a new favorite of mine.

Galavant: OMG!!! That trailer was hilarious! And the singing, oh lol, I NEED to see this! I'm normally not one to watch this kind of show, but the singing kind of sold it for me. Def. gonna watch this!!!

The Whispers: That trailer totally creeped me out in a good way off course. I NEED to see this. I hope it will be as good as the trailer, hopefully better! Another one for my list!
More+
Flag
I guess ABC isn't interested in getting viewers from Canada to watch their new shows. Ok, I think I'll watch NBC instead. They love us more. They have hockey. Is ABC even aware that we do actually get ABC here?
Flag
I'll be watching Fresh Off The Boat, purely because it's the only trailer for a new comedy that has actually made be laugh out loud it a long while.

The trailers for Selfie and Manhattan Love Story were better than expected, while Black-ish and Cristela were predictably painful. And while I've praised the fact Galavant even being made, I won't be watching - the singing is such a turn off.
Flag
Man, the person making the trailer for Selfie is doing it wrong. The first thirty seconds were straight-up unbearable, and if it weren't for my love for Amy Pond I would have quit watching right there. But then it slowly morphed into a cute rom-com with a (semi)likeable protagonist, and something I'd actually give a shot.
Flag
How To Get Away With Murder is quickly becoming my most anticipated new show.

I love the concept of Forever, but the trailer made it obviously it wants to be a light-hearted procedural, so I'm out.

The Whispers looks freaky... dunno how long the premise can be sustained, but that trailer sure piqued my interest.

American Crime looks really dark, as does Secrets and Lies; their trailers reminded me of Prisoners.
Flag
Similar to Fox, ABC is holding off too many of the better looking series till mid season.

The BAD: Cristela looks outright terrible.The multicam-ness isn't encouraging and I didn't crack a smile watching that promo. I'm not at all sold on Manhattan Love Story (douche meets air head, seen many times before), Secrets and Lies (yawn) and to my disappointment, American Crime (talented cast, overdone premise) or Forever (this is the least bad bad one, but it's still been done before). They all look mediocre/derivative. Not even worth talking about.

The WTF/Crazy enough to try: That Galavant promo is probably the most bewildering trailer I've seen for a tv show in recent memory. Like, wow. You just have to love those neighbors creators- I will definitely be watching. That's a crazy bet ABC is taking there- but I like the plan of using it to bridge OUaT's hiatus (what they should have done with OUaTiW). I really like Fresh off the Boat's creator, and it's cool to see ABC adding diversity to its line up but I worry this attempt to diversify will just result in too many stereotypes that put people off. The casting for the mum is quite good though. I don't know, it doesn't actually look too bad to me, and it seems like it could eventually become quite funny, but I'm not sure how it could be a ratings success. I was ready to write off Whispers as yet another boring procedural but it looks surprisingly high concept. Lily Rabe is crazily talented and as long as it's not boring, I'm willing to try. Selfie doesn't look particularly funny yet but I really like the cast and showrunner. The Mindy Project has gotten me into tv-shows-as-rom-coms, so I'm pretty interested in seeing what it could evolve into. Although the premise (and Karen's accent) is kind of dodgy, she and John Cho (who looks adorable in this role) look like they have good chemistry.

The GOOD: Even if I try to resist, I know I'm going to watch How to Get Away with Murder. So far, it doesn't look as good as I'd hoped it to be, but it still has a more original premise than 80% of what's on the air right now. I had thought the sneak peek of Black-ish (what an awful awful title) showed promise, and now I'm surprisingly sold on it? Unlike many of the other comedy promos so far, it looks actually pretty funny. It's still so weird to see Laurence Fishburne in a comedy that has to do with race because Hannibal is very dark drama and race neutral. Still though, that title.
More+
Flag
FOREVER, The WHISPERS, SELFIE, and GALAVANT will be considered. I will miss ONCE UPON A TIME IN WONDERLAND.
Flag
No. Nothing good. And in any case, i'm way too mad at ABC ( RIP Revolution) to even bother watching a new show from them.
Flag
Revolution is from NBC.
Flag
my bad !
Flag
It's a big maybe, but Manhattan Love Story? Other comedies look kind of embarrassing and dramas rather boring.
Flag
Nothing from these sounds even remotely interesting to me. But I may try Selfie cause Karen Gillan.
Flag
Galavant looks like so much fun! It seems to be in the tradition of classic Mel Brooks and I'm crossing my fingers that it will be just as ridiculous and funny as Men in Tights or Blazing Saddles.

I'll give a couple of the other shows a chance, but nothing looks as promising.
Flag
I had high hopesmfor Selfie considering it was from the person who made Suburgatory, but from the trailer, it was pretty bad. Can they just un-cancel Suvurgatory, and transport John Cho back to Sleepy Hollow as a regular?

And I hope Jack Crawford isn't dead because that new Lawrence Fishburne show doesn't also seem promising.

Hope ABC doesn't screw Galavant like they screwed OUAT Wonderland.

Flag
Galavant seems a prime candidate for my watch list due to its sheer absurdity. I only hope it is not as dull as the Your Highness movie - there is plenty of room to go wrong in this genre. the rest don't seem very interesting, though Karen Gillan is still very cute, even when she's not in police uniform :)

Oh, and about Forever - it looks very much like a lousy remake of New Amsterdam, a show about an immortal Dutchman who is a cop in modern times. Nothing against Ioan Gruffudd, but New Amsterdam was fronted by none other than Nikolaj Koster-Waldau, the Kingslayer himself. It doesn't seem to be a fair trade, in my humble opinion ...
Flag
Galavant looks like it could be funny, though the character of Galavant himself and his story seem less entertaining than that of King Lassie, I'd rather a show just about him for the little we've seen. Very reminiscent of the Sheriff of Rottingham from Robin Hood Men in Tights, which by the way is an absolutely hilarious movie, Mel Brooks' best in my opinion.
Flag
it would be nice to be able to see the previews here in Canada :(
Flag
Galavant looks like the best show of next season.
Flag
All seem freat except Selfie
Flag
Galavant looks friggin great! Count me in.
Flag
Yes

Murder- It’s Shonda Rhimes and it’s on the same night as Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal, both shows that I currently watch. So I’ll definitely be tuning in to give it a try. It looks a little silly, but I think Rhimes can pull it off.

Galavant – Um, so screw what people have been saying about this. I’m really excited about it.

Black-ish – I thought the first look was pretty funny and it looks like a pretty good show. Just wondering what’s up with the ridiculous comedy names on this network.

Fresh Off The Boat – Not going to lie, I laughed pretty hard at this. Also, good on ABC for adding more shows with diversity, particularly one with an Asian American family.

Maybe

Forever – I wasn’t digging the first look, but the trailer was a bit more compelling. It reminds me a bit of Sherlock, but I’m curious to see what direction it goes in. I may give it a shot.

The Whispers- It’s not that this premise looks terrible I’m just not totally convinced this story can go beyond a season. Thankfully it’s a midseason show.

American Crime – Strong maybe on this one. I think having John Ridley on board gives me some faith in the storytelling.

No

Secrets and Lies – Not convinced this is going to be all that great. Some of the dialogue fell flat for me and I’m not pulled by the plot.

Manhattan Love Story – I definitely don’t want to listen in on people’s thoughts for every conversation and there was already a lot of it in the trailer.
More+
Flag
Galavant looks really fun.
Flag
I didn't like Selfie but this means that John Cho is out from Sleepy Hollow?
Flag
Viola Davis is too good of an actor to be wasting her time on a Shoda Rhimes show.

Despite having a horrible name, and a not so great trailer, I'll have to give Selfie a chance. I'm a fan of John Cho and Karen Gillan.

As a guy, I'm not sure what to think of Galavant. I they keep the signing numbers to 2-3 per episode I might be in but if it's 5-6 count me out.
Flag
As per usual, I’ll probably watch almost all of ABC’s new comedies. Especially Black-ish and Fresh Off the Boat looks really good, but also Selfie and Manhattan Love Story.
Galavant is absolutely ridiculous but I couldn’t stop laughing. I won’t watch Cristela though.

As for the dramas, I’ll definitely check out the Whispers and How to Get Away with Murder, and maybe Forever. I’m not interested in American Crime nor Secrets & Lies.
Flag
Secretes and lies looks like more like a miniseries than aseries.Also Juliette Lewis is very busy this year, this series and Wayward Pines?
Flag
Yeah, what happened with Wayward Pines?
Flag
It's airing on Fox in the midseason 2015, as a limited series event.
Flag
Thanks.
Flag
Okay, I will give Galavant points for sheer absurdity. As for the rest, some look interesting (mostly the dramas) and some, not so much (the comedies)...but I'll wait and see.
Flag
maybe The Whispers
Flag
Gallavant: OAT meets Shrek meets BLACK ADDER?!!! This could go awful wrong or GREAT entertainment.

Flag
Same here.NOT AVAILABLE.
Flag
None of these videos are available for play in Canada?!? They air at the same time?!? Half of these may in fact be filmed in Vancouver?!? What the F!
Flag
I predict Galavant is going to be the junk-show everybody loves. I'm already entertained and away from my real-world worries with just a trailer.
Flag
OMG that is lots of junk!! Will be watching Selfie just for Karen Gillan and Galavant, like it seems to be funny and that guy from Psych is in it! Please cancel all that other crap overdone shows!

Flag
OK, immediately these look better than those crappy "first look" clips that came out earlier.

Thumbs Up: Secrets and Lies, American Crime, I can't believe I'm going to say this but... Galavant, The Whispers (this could be really good).

Meh: Selfie (elevated because of the cast but I doubt it will survive), Black-ish, Fresh Off the Boat.

Thumbs Down: Forever (Sherlock rip-off), How to Get Away With Murder (looks like another show about thoroughly dislikeable people), Manhattan Love Story.

Whitney-esque: Crista.

Well, quite a few changes from when I saw the snippets earlier, particularly Forever, which I initially liked the look of but the trailer shows it as a Sherlock rip-off with a supernatural element thrown in to make it seem original and Selfie, which has risen to 'Meh' because the cast looks good, but that won't stop it from being a 'Dead Pool' contender.
Flag

I surrender... Galavant looks so dumb, yet i am so going to watch it :D. This 3 minutes trailer is funnier than a whole season of some so called "comedy shows".
Flag
FOR ALL THE NON AMERICAN USERS
Here are all the trailers I could find.

You can watch the trailer for Secrets and Lies HERE

You can watch the trailer for Fresh Off The Boat HERE

You can watch the trailer for American Crime HERE
Flag
Thanks
Flag
Thanks! You're a hero! (And TV studios a bunch of a-holes.)
Flag
To be fair ... it's only ABC that blocked their trailers for international viewers, I had no issues watching NBC or Fox's trailers.

(just like last year)
Flag
Thanks!
Flag
Galavant actually looks fun, and I'm not a big musical fan. Just looks silly enough to enjoy. The same can't be said of any of it's real "comedies". I love Ms. Gillan and Cho is a pretty reliable straight man for comedy, but that really looks bad. The others are almost offensive to everyone (ASIAN JOKES! BLACK JOKES! MEN LIKE BOOBS BUT WOMEN LIKE PURSES, AMIRIGHT!)

Forever and Whispers look interesting, but American Crime was better when it was called Crash (and that wasn't good, either!)
Next season is really not catching my interest in much from ANY of the networks thus far
Flag
Like last year, ABC is the only network to block international viewers from checking out their previews. Like last year, I'm incredibly annoyed by this and feel like their new shows are "starting off on the wrong foot" with me.

Yes, I know that I could probably find them all on YouTube if I looked, but I shouldn't need to.

ABC is one of the channels I pay for in my cable package, I'm sure they get some kind of cut from my cable provider for that... and they have no problem accepting whatever percentage they get from any boxsets I'll buy at the end of the season. I'm annoyed that just because I live north of the US border I don't seem to be considered a part of their audience.

I know that despite the world getting smaller & smaller the more connected we get there are still international copyright issues, but NBC & Fox didn't restrict Canadians from checking out their trailers, and last year I was able to watch the CBS & CW trailers too.

Come on ABC, join the global community already!
Flag
Not only Canadians,but I totally agree with you.The shows end up sold around the world via cable.
Flag
I'll probably watch Selfie because of Karen Gillan and John Cho, but otherwise this looks like a pile of trash (though I have a creeping suspicion that I'll end up watching Galavant anyway...)
Flag
Fresh off the Boat looks horrible. And why does it remind me about that kind of offensive show about Indian call centers that NBC had.

The Whispers looks good. Anything to remove Lily Rabe from whatever Murphy is turning AHS into.

The rest looks bad.
Flag
I usually dislike musicals but Galavant looks amazing.
Flag
Fresh Off the Boat...from the network who brought you All-American Girl 20 years ago.
Flag
I'm intrigued by Forever, mostly because it reminds me of New Amsterdam! I wonder if the one person who knows his secret is going to turn out to be his son...And I'm also interested in Galavant. I loathe musicals, but it actually looks fun.
Flag
Well, that explains why Tim Omundsen looked like a damn lumberjack in the Psych finale aftershow.
Flag
When do you think we'll get a trailer for Agent Carter? I know it's a mid-season show but I thought we'd at least get a gander at the pilot.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members