Air Gear Forums

TV Tokyo (ended 2006)

this game is definately inspired off of air gear

TheKonspiracy

[1]May 9, 2008
    • level: 3

new game called "streetgears" got a trailer, and it definately got inspiration from airgear. rollerblades, anime style graphics, riders going fast and jumping from tall buildings. and its a free to play mmo. looks very nice.

http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=8857

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Master_M2K

[2]May 10, 2008
    • level: 58
    Nope, there's nothing about the game that shows any signs it was influenced by Air Gears . It's just a regular rollerblading game, with nothing special about it and because of that, it isn't even worth my time. ^_^

TheKonspiracy

[3]May 10, 2008
    • level: 3
    wtf are you on about, any idiot can see it was inspired from air gear... oh i see what you did thar

Master_M2K

[4]May 12, 2008
    • level: 58
    Just because the game is about Rollerblading and it contains the word "gears" in it's name doesn't mean it is influenced by Air Gears. I even looked through the original japnese site and there is nothing to indicate that it was influenced by Air Gears, it is just a regular roller blading MMO game that allows you to upgrade your character and compete. No ATs, No Air Trek matches or No teams. ^_^

hadkh

[5]May 23, 2008
    • level: 4
    hey i love airgear.. but the idea of the show wasn't exactly an original in itself.... it sorta copied the sega games "Jet Set Radio Future" and "Jet Grind Radio"

Lokar

[6]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 26

I was always hoping there'd be a third game in the "Jet Grind" series. If there's not, I guess I'll check out the game he mentioned, even if it has nothing to do with "Air Gear."

I do think "Air Gear" would be a pretty good basis for a game in itself, if they decided to make one about it.