Airwolf

Echos From the Past

Aired Unknown Mar 03, 1984 on CBS

• Hawke falls victim to an elaborate East German plot to wrest possession of Airwolf from him. With the unexpected aid from quick-thinking Dom Santini, Hawke turns the tables on his abductors and delivers some sweet payback.

Having just purchased the Airwolf series on DVD, I am viewing the episodes in the order in which they aired. "Echos" is my favorite so far. The early part of the episode keeps one guessing about what's going on (though the viewer certainly gets the sense that things aren't occurring in Hawke's best interest). Once we learn that Stringfellow is the victim of an elaborate East German plot to con him into turning Airwolf over to them, the fun really begins. Ultimately, he (with the help of Dom Santini) regains control of Airwolf, despatches his abductors and the MIG squad escorting them into hostile territory and returns Airwolf to its lair deep within the volcano. Intelligently written, well-paced and brought to an exciting conclusion. Superb in every way!