Airwolf Forums

CBS (ended 1987)

Airwolf "Movie"

teknodave

[1]May 27, 2007
    • level: 23

I remember back when Airwolf originally aired, that I saw a commecial about an Airwolf movie, and the only clip from that that had engrained into my memory were several people walking toward the camera in Airwolf jumpsuits and helmets, visors drawn.

Does anyone remember this, or what became of this?  Was it a sweeps 2-part episode or something to that effect, or its own incarnation of some sort?  I think this was before Season 4, so it would have had the orginial cast.  I missed it due to my dad taking me out on a hunting trip, and said that I could catch it on a rerun.  I had never seen it air since.

Any insight, thoughts and whatnot are warmly accepted.

Edited on 05/27/2007 5:16pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BRAH

[2]May 29, 2007
    • level: 4
    It's from the pilot episode, "Shadow of the Hawke", which was a 2-hour TV movie of the week, that actually aired after the Super Bowl on CBS back in 1984.

The scene you are talking about is actually from the very opening of the first episode. It was actually Charles Moffett [Airwolf's creator] (David Hemmings) and his crew who were doing the initial test run of Airwolf to show off to the U.S. Defense department, for possible purchase as a prototype from the Firm.

Moffett turned, destroyed the complex (only Archangel & Marella survived), and flew Airwolf off to Libya, in order to strike a deal with Lebanon to sell the chopper.

The Firm then recruited backup pilot Stringfellow Hawke (Jan-Michael Vincent) to recover the helicopter for the Firm, for which he accepted. He recovered the chopper secretly with the help of his buddy/mentor Dominic Santini (Ernest Borgnine). Hawke then refused to turn Airwolf back over to the Firm until they found his MIA brother St. John [pronounced Sinjin]. Hawke kept the helicopter hidden in the western U.S. desert, while Archangel kept the fires burning for the search for St. John, and also provided Hawke with awareness of other government agencies who were closing in on him to recover Airwolf. In return, Hawke & Santini had to fly Airwolf on missions of national interest.

Thus, the premise for the series.

*Could be wrong on a few details on the "Pilot" episode. It's been awhile.*

no1thinker

[3]Jun 11, 2007
    • level: 19
    BRAH wrote:
    It's from the pilot episode, "Shadow of the Hawke", which was a 2-hour TV movie of the week, that actually aired after the Super Bowl on CBS back in 1984.

The scene you are talking about is actually from the very opening of the first episode. It was actually Charles Moffett [Airwolf's creator] (David Hemmings) and his crew who were doing the initial test run of Airwolf to show off to the U.S. Defense department, for possible purchase as a prototype from the Firm.

Moffett turned, destroyed the complex (only Archangel & Marella survived), and flew Airwolf off to Libya, in order to strike a deal with Lebanon to sell the chopper.

The Firm then recruited backup pilot Stringfellow Hawke (Jan-Michael Vincent) to recover the helicopter for the Firm, for which he accepted. He recovered the chopper secretly with the help of his buddy/mentor Dominic Santini (Ernest Borgnine). Hawke then refused to turn Airwolf back over to the Firm until they found his MIA brother St. John [pronounced Sinjin]. Hawke kept the helicopter hidden in the western U.S. desert, while Archangel kept the fires burning for the search for St. John, and also provided Hawke with awareness of other government agencies who were closing in on him to recover Airwolf. In return, Hawke & Santini had to fly Airwolf on missions of national interest.

Thus, the premise for the series.

*Could be wrong on a few details on the "Pilot" episode. It's been awhile.*

That sounds about right. I just watched the pilot episode a few weeks ago.

ebayking90

[4]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 9
    Sorry for reviving an old thread, but has anyone heard on whether or not they are still making another airwolf movie?

CjTl2005

[5]Feb 2, 2008
    • level: 11

Let's see, Star Trek is being remade, every comic book imaginable has a movie made about it, and they're on the second Batman and Superman series'. Video games like Underwold, Resident Evil, Hitman, and even Max Payne have movies either released or in the works. Hollywood is bound to get around to Airwolf one of these days.

So assuming they do, it's always fun to speculate as to the cast. Who would play String, who would be Dom? Archangel?