Airwolf Forums

CBS (ended 1987)

Is Airwolf Airing anywhere?

VanGriffin

[1]Jun 27, 2006
    • level: 8
    ^topic
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BRAH

[2]Jul 8, 2006
    • level: 4
    Not that I know of. It hasn't aired 'in full' (TVLand's abbreviated episodes don't count) on cable since USA network finally stopped airing it around 1990 or so.

It was airing on a big cable station over in the U.K. a few years back. As far as broadcast stations go, it was airing on a bigger one in California a few years back, but nothing nationwide in a very very long time.

PapaTazzz

[3]Jul 30, 2006
    • level: 53
    Not that I no of sorry.

StarGazer580231

[4]Aug 2, 2006

I haven't seen it on cable anywhere.  I was a big fan when the show originally aired and I taped most of episodes of the first 3 seasons, so I am able to enjoy them now.

Season 4 doesn't count.

joshjr

[5]Aug 22, 2006
    • level: 12
    No this show is not on anymore. I watched it when it was originally on to but I can hardly remember the episodes on anymore. But if you are really wanting to see the espisodes bad enough they sell the entire series on Ebay all the time.

LeadPipeCruelty

[6]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 3
    I don't know but I have it on DVD

wrs

[7]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 3
    TV Land aired episodes of Airwolf up until a couple of years ago. Perhaps they will bring it back within the next year or two who knows.

twilightboy

[8]Nov 24, 2006
    • level: 23
    It is not in Colombia 

abdalt

[9]Dec 10, 2006
    • level: 8
    It just started airing on showtime arabia which is in the middle east and the persian gulf.

Airwolf318

[10]Dec 16, 2006
    • level: 1

Yes it is. The SciFi Channel on 12-27-06.

08:00 AMAIRWOLFSWEET BRITCHES 09:00 AMAIRWOLFFIRESTORM 10:00 AMAIRWOLFMOFFETT'S GHOST 11:00 AMAIRWOLFTHE TRUTH ABOUT HOLLY 12:00 PMAIRWOLFTHE HAUNTED 01:00 PMAIRWOLFSINS OF THE PAST 02:00 PMAIRWOLFFALLEN ANGEL 03:00 PMAIRWOLFHX 1

CjTl2005

[11]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 11
    I'd love to see Airwolf on TV again!  It was my first favorite action show.  I only saw reruns as a kid (10-13 or so)

The DVDs are available I think, so I'll probably try to get those. 

BRAH

[12]Jan 5, 2007
    wrs wrote:
    TV Land aired episodes of Airwolf up until a couple of years ago. Perhaps they will bring it back within the next year or two who knows.

TVLand only aired certain episodes of "Airwolf". They aired the first 19 episodes of the series several years ago, and just kept recycling them.

Airwolf318 wrote:

Yes it is. The SciFi Channel on 12-27-06.

08:00 AMAIRWOLFSWEET BRITCHES 09:00 AMAIRWOLFFIRESTORM 10:00 AMAIRWOLFMOFFETT'S GHOST 11:00 AMAIRWOLFTHE TRUTH ABOUT HOLLY 12:00 PMAIRWOLFTHE HAUNTED 01:00 PMAIRWOLFSINS OF THE PAST 02:00 PMAIRWOLFFALLEN ANGEL 03:00 PMAIRWOLFHX 1

Unfortunately it looks short-lived. Me thinks it's only an inner-promotion by the Universal owned Sci-Fi, to promote the release of Season 2 on DVD.

CjTl2005 wrote:
    I'd love to see Airwolf on TV again!  It was my first favorite action show.  I only saw reruns as a kid (10-13 or so)

The DVDs are available I think, so I'll probably try to get those. 

Only Seasons 1 & 2 are available on DVD. It's better than nothing though, but it's not the entire series.

joshjr

[13]Jan 24, 2007
    • level: 12
    QUOTE]Only Seasons 1 & 2 are available on DVD. It's better than nothing though, but it's not the entire series.[/QUOTE]

That is not true. Ebay has been selling the entire series for years. But the official released sets are for seasons 1 and 2.

CjTl2005

[14]Feb 25, 2007
    • level: 11
    From what I understand, the show kinda started to lose its edge later on, especially with season 4 and the departure of some main characters.  

BRAH

[15]Mar 18, 2007
    joshjr wrote:
    QUOTE]Only Seasons 1 & 2 are available on DVD. It's better than nothing though, but it's not the entire series.

That is not true. Ebay has been selling the entire series for years. But the official released sets are for seasons 1 and 2.[/QUOTE]

Me and you both know bootleg sets do not count.

BRAH

[16]Mar 18, 2007
    CjTl2005 wrote:
    From what I understand, the show kinda started to lose its edge later on, especially with season 4 and the departure of some main characters.  

You are correct. Season 3 was the last with the original cast, and the original presentation/vibe. Season 3 had a loss in quality, mainly due to pressure from CBS to make it another "Knight Rider". The seriousness of the show was toned-down in favor of more family-friendly storylines. The foreign intrigue stuff from previous seasons was practically gone altogether.

Season 4 is a whole 'nother story. Although still Universal-owned & produced, the show was no longer produced by Belisarius Productions in LA, but produced by Atlantis (later Alliance-Atlantis) in Canada. The show moved from CBS to the USA cable network, and the cast was completely changed. String's MIA brother St. John took over as head of the team when String was badly injured in a helicopter explosion that killed Dom. Dom's replacement was a young agent, Maj. Mike Rivers. Rounding out the new team was Archangel's replacement Jason Locke, and Dom's niece Jo, taking the place of Caitlin.

The show looked, felt, and was completely different. It was now produced on a shoestring budget, and looked like a low-grade direct-to-video D-film, rather than high quality network action TV.

The plotlines actually IMPROVED in Season 4, however dialogue was written badly, and continuity errors were endless bridging the original series in this new final season.

Season 4, although had some decent episodes, is really only recommended for the absolute diehard "Airwolf" completists. Although I watch Season 4 as "Airwolf", in my eyes, and ALWAYS in my eyes, the REAL "Airwolf" ended with the Season 3 finale, "Birds of Paradise".

kevinb4444

[17]May 23, 2007
    • level: 20
    it's funny because I almost forgot about this show, and I went home for lunch today and flipped past the Sci-Fi channel, and saw it I was like sweet. My older brother used to watch this and I sort of liked it too.  I saw someone already said it was on the Sci-Fi channel, but I just thought that was cool.

AprilFox

[18]May 24, 2007
    • level: 109

May 24, 2007 Sci-Fi is airing Airwolf.

BRAH

[19]May 24, 2007
    Yeah. They did a 2-day marathon airing Season 3 episodes to promote the release of S3 on DVD this week.

The Sci-Fi Channel is NBC-Universal owned.

teknodave

[20]May 27, 2007
    • level: 23

Awe man, I was hoping they were tossing the show into the marathon fold during the week. Shucky-darn.

Oh well, it did prompt me to get Season 3 on sale (yay!) at the mall.  I will probably get S1 and 2 on Amazon.