Airwolf Forums

CBS (ended 1987)

Plase help me. The song in the pilot-episode.

Joyrider84

[1]Feb 3, 2007
    • level: 1

Im looking all over the net, searching for the instumental track that plays in the first Airwolf-episode when the woman dies in Strings arms, it is played some more in the pilot also. This music is played also in Seasonn1 Episodes 8. I really love these tunes. Can someone hel me. Is it possible to get this music anywgere. Some soundtrack?

Thanks so much.

Best regards

Jonas Källberg, Sweden

joyrider(a)pitau.nu
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dougalderman

[2]Feb 5, 2007
    • level: 34

Notes on the first episode (here at TV.com) state indicate the song may have been "Hawkman Battle Theme" from the Flash Gordon (1980) film soundtrack, music by Queen.

BRAH

[3]Mar 18, 2007
    • level: 4
    Joyrider84 wrote:

Im looking all over the net, searching for the instumental track that plays in the first Airwolf-episode when the woman dies in Strings arms, it is played some more in the pilot also. This music is played also in Seasonn1 Episodes 8. I really love these tunes. Can someone hel me. Is it possible to get this music anywgere. Some soundtrack?

Thanks so much.

Best regards

Jonas Källberg, Sweden

joyrider(a)pitau.nu

The song you are talking about was apart of the score from Sylvester Levay.

Levay's actual version was only available on CD-2 of a two-CD set, called "Airwolf Themes" that was released exclusively in the "Airwolf" fan world back from 1999-2001. The soundtrack is LONG out-of-print, and was only limited to 1,000 copies. You can try EBay, although the album's producer Mark Cairns, and his website www.airwolfthemes.com have been talking recently about re-releasing the soundtrack for download on iTunes.

The track you are referring to was simply titled... "Gabrielle's Theme" - Sylvester Levay.

teknodave

[4]May 27, 2007
    • level: 23
    Well, I just upgraded my iPod Shuffle to a Nano...so an iTunes release would make my new Nano very happy!

BRAH

[5]May 29, 2007
    Well that's good, because the re-release on iTunes may be available as early as late this summer.

The only issue i'm wondering, is see the 2-CD set was by two different artists. CD 1 was a rearrangment of Levay's work primarily, performed by Mark Cairns. CD 2 was done by Levay, and only featured a few tracks, but see legalities can make it weird.

I don't know if it's a release of the full set, or just a re-release of CD 1.

BRAH

[6]May 30, 2007
    The iTunes re-release with also contain Levay's CD 2, and the track mentioned. So keep your eyes peeled to iTunes this summer/fall.

SurgeFilter

[7]Dec 1, 2007
    • level: 1

BRAH wrote:
    The iTunes re-release with also contain Levay's CD 2, and the track mentioned. So keep your eyes peeled to iTunes this summer/fall.

The 'Airwolf Themes' soundtrack is finally being re-released in late December 2007. They've digitally remastered and remixed it and will be releasing it on Apple iTunes Store and Pinnacle-Digital.com amongst others then. You can find the latest details, MP3 teasers of all the tracks (including previews of the sequel Airwolf Themes soundtrack with MP3s of the main theme) on http://www.airwolfthemes.com/latestnews.html