Aladdin

Eye Of The Beholder

Aired Unknown Dec 10, 1994 on

• My all time favorite episode I have every seen! Just wish it turned out a little differently...

I really love the whole concept that Jasmine transformed to a Naga. Even at full Naga she is still quite attractive in that form. I'm glad that Aladdin loves her, in in that form.

Too bad Jasmine near the end of her full form grew poison barbs which nearly killed Aladdin when Jasmine went to rescue him.

After that Jasmine knew Aladdin could not touch her or he would die. But Aladdin used the lotion to become a Naga himself to leave with Jasmine.

Mirage the Cat pretty much lost the whole concept that love is weak.

Then the blind guy grew back the tree so Aladdin and Jasmine would become human again, just the way Disney wants it.

Personally, it would of been cool if Jasmine stayed a Naga and there was a way to remove the poison and the poison barbs away from her. Jasmine in her Naga form is quite usefully that she is a little stronger and slightly bigger and pretty much defend herself. And Aladdin would still love her and would eventually marry her, even in that form and have possibly Naga kids.

Sadly, that is more in the realm of fanfictions. Disney would never accept that idea and the series already ended more then 10 years ago. But it would be fun if some would make a fanfiction based on this episode for fun with the alternative and still happy ending.
  • I've got it! I got it! I can't stop screaming for joy! I got my favoirt episode back! YES!

Two days ago I picked this up after YEARS of longing to see it again off Youtube. I just watched it for the 3rd time! I'm so happy I do backflips if it where possbile! I was so happy I was screaming for joy at work I couldn't keep it in! A bet! This was a bet between Marish and the Seer. I love it all! The transformation, the love and drama all of it! It was actually a nice bet. Love is humainty and imoraitly yet those like Marshis simple don't get it and it nice to test things once and awhile. It was my favoirt episoed and I juat can't stop screaming all over the net and earth that I"ve finally after YEARS of waiting have it back! Yes oh yes! I've got it! Now if I can pick up a few more of favoirt episode from my past and keep a few more recent ones I be the happiest girl on the planet! I've got it I've got it yes!
  • My favourite episode.

I loved how Aladdin was willing to turn into a snake creature to be with Jasmine! That's what I would have done.

Although, I didn't like his answer to Jasmine's question.

Jasmine: You love me for my beauty?
    Aladdin: Well, yeah!

I would have said "No, I love you for what's on the inside! The outside is just a nice bonus."
  • Jasmine saves the life of her beloved Aladdin.

Princess Jasmine turned into a snake. She partly became a snake. Aladdin fell off of a cliff. She saved his life using her tail. Little did she know that her barbs are venomous. Aladdin was unconsious. She touched his heart and she protected him during his deep sleep. When he awakened she asked him if he could hear her. Mirage appeared and Aladdin got angry. Jasmine pulled him away from Mirage. She told him that he'll die if they touch eachother. She doesn't want him dead so her way of showing she cares is by abandoning the street rat. Then Jasmine coils up and hisses at her beloved telling him to go away. Then he turns himself into a snake. She turns around and says to him "Aladdin? No!" My points of view is that it should've happened another way. She should've gotten rid of her barbs and saved his life. She should've treated him like a son and raised him in the wild. But likely her maternal instincts were kicking in. She had to save her beloved's life. If Aladdin died then Jasmine would cry her head off. Instinctivly Jasmine did what needed to be done. She's the one who poisoned him without any intention of poisoning him and did not know her barbs were poisonous so she felt that it's her job to be the first face he sees when he wakes up. In this episode, it shows the sie of Jasmine we don't see often. It shows the kind, caring, and sensitive side. But in my opinion, the way it should've happened was that Aladdin should've gotten pushed off of the cliff by Mirage or something like that while Jasmine's still a half human half snake and is not yet poisonous. Then Aladdin might've thanked her for saving his life. Then she could've become a full transformed snake and shooed everyone away and not let anyone come near him or touch him or talk to him or interact with him at all except for her and Genie. It also should've been the way where Aladdin finds out that Genie and Jasmine are his real parents but had to put him up for adoption. Also he could've had the golden heart that nobody else has and everybody knows that he's the carrier of the legendary golden heart and that's why all villians are after him and unbenownst to him that he's the carrier of the golden heart. He doesn't know he's the carrier of the golden heart. The golden heart would be a powerful thing much more powerful than any magic or power of any kind put together.