Aladdin Forums

(ended 1995)

Syndication/Airdates

RaijinPaladinix

[1]Jun 4, 2012
    • level: 52
    There seems to be some discrepancy among some of those submitting to what the airdates for some of the episodes are. Because of syndication on different local networks, it will probably be near impossible to use any one or two sources to determine which came first. Several sources online should probably match up with what's here. There doesn't seem to be one clear way to solve the issue with the syndication airdates, and I'd rather not have to decide whose 80 daily submissions are correct.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaijinPaladinix

[2]Aug 20, 2012
    Let me reiterate this. I'm sure that there are probably several ABC stations in the United States that aired these episodes out of order. As far as authenticity is concerned, the dates that were there before I became editor (some years ago) and the ones that a user might have noticed have changed in the past year, are correct. I was given some time ago by a submitter certain charts that showed a general acceptance of the dates/weeks/timeframes of when certain episodes and arcs aired.

However, like with practically all 90s' cartoons, these were syndicated. I don't think it's proper to argue whether your local ABC in Denver, Boston, or Memphis is right on who "aired" the episode first. I sincerely hope that the guide is accurate, but first and foremost, I require sources to accept submissions. Wikipedia is not a source, and unless someone tells me Wikipedia is the god of the internet, I would like TV Guides, or if you could, Library of Congress records, or something official. You get the picture. Online anonymous-user-submitted encyclopedias are probably not recommended.

Thanks.

coachexpert

[3]Aug 26, 2012
    • level: 14

A few facts here:

1. The Saturday morning episodes aired on CBS, not ABC.

2. For the most part, the episodes that aired in syndication were in the same order nationwide. The episodes were fed via satellite by Buena Vista Television (Disney). Sometimes, a station could change the order of the episodes airing on a given week (ie. Monday's episode could air on a Tuesday), but the actual episodes shown would be the same.

3. There is a LOT of misinformation on the internet! Most of the DA shows did NOT air new episodes over 65 consecutive weekdays. There were reruns aired. Some new episodes were withheld until February and/or May of a given year. (Ratings sweeps)

4. A few episodes of "Aladdin" were first aired in the Winter/Spring of 1994 on Disney Channel.

RaijinPaladinix

[4]Sep 12, 2012
    Well, there you go. That's the issue. They were syndicated. I'm sure Buena Vista gave all the CBS stations proper instructions (probably not), but that's not what happened, and unfortunately, that's what I was getting at.

And misinformation, indeed. I'm glad you pointed that out.

coachexpert

[5]Sep 13, 2012
    • level: 14

No, the weekday episodes were syndicated. The CBS network aired episodes on Saturday morning only.