Alcatraz

FOX (ended 2012)

TesserT

Alcatraz Fan Reviews (74)

7.7
  • :( Another show bites the grass

And yet another show with good potential was mercilessly killed off. Not perfect, but nicely written, it could really unfold if given another season.
  • . ABRAMS MIND!

THIS SHOW WAS AMAZING AND WOULD HAVE LOVED FOR IT TO COMEBACK AND YET NOTHING NOT EVEN ON ANOTHER CHANNEL!!!!! SUCKS!!! . FIGHT FOR YOUR SHOW!
  • WHAT THE HELL!

I AM SO UPSET THAT I BOUGHT THIS AT WALMART THEN WATCHED DISCS 1-3 AND THEN REALIZED THAT FOX CANCELED IT AND IT ENDED WITH A CLIFF HANGER! PLEASE BRING IT BACK. IT IS AN AMAZING SHOW!!!!
  • I missing it

I really do miss this show though I hate how they had to cancel while leaving things unexplained
  • As legendary as it's name sake, this viewer has unanswered questions...

Alcatraz was a terrific show and the final episode left me with so many questions. what happened to the other prisoners? how were they coming back? where they able to catch them all? These questions and more surely other fans had as well, and I believe that a second season is viable - or at the least, a sorta 2-hour TV movie to better wrap up the series... Who's with me?
  • Missing it

• be honest

i was so excited when this show came out. but as one of the guys in comments said, its not a one long story thing. each prisoner has his own story and he will get captured in the end of the episode. i liked the first prisoner in the first episode so much but i haven't seen much of him. and she is really hot for a cop its just not realistic
  • Nothing New Is Gonna Happen

Though each episode is tricky and exciting but does not force you to watch the next one and see what will you know what? Another prison inmate is gonna get captured or killed.
  • little history with excitement

I am so sorry this show has ended but if there is ever a tv series that could be turned into a movie even if tv special this would be it, I would love to see a two hour special showing everything about this show.

I loved how they show alittle history on alcatraz it deserves to be remembered.
  • Bring it back PLEASE

ALCATRAZ what a great show I cant belive its been cancelled ARE YOU FOR REAL!!!!.

It needs to come back, I agree with you Gayle the world is soooooooo over reality show and we need more Drama and shows with a actual story line.

I would love to see Alcatraz come back for another season its very well made and WHAT A CAST they all work very well together.

PS it would be nice to get a reply to these Questions all the fans have been posting come on listen to us and bring it back.
  • PLEASE don't do this!

I just Netflixed season 1 of Alcatraz and LOVED it only to learn that it had been cancelled. This show was perfect in every way, except for probably the airing time slot.

Stupid, mindless shows like American Idol, 2 1/2 Idiots and Honey BooBoo get re-upped, but this smart, interesting and talent-filled series gets cancelled. I don't get it.

Isn't there anything we can we do to bring it back?
  • Bring back the cons

What ashame to cancell a great series that for a change made the viewer think. This program had a outstanding cast and plots to go with them. Now you our going to leave us with those mindless singing programs . The characters inter action was great and I waited each week to try and figure out what the cons would do and how the team would catch. Very few good programs on and now you have trashed one. Bad move Fox, now I will watch even less of your programming .
  • saaad

fox we hate u !!!
  • Why FOX why

I'm still thinking of this show and I think its wrong of FOX to take this off the air and like Lost and Revolution, i always want to know what happens
  • Want more

I want to know what happened to these prisoners. Please FOX bring back this crew! It has suspense and I love when you got to think. It gives me so much appetite!

• Please Bring This Back

What a great cast & premise! I just bought the entire season on Blu-Ray. You can't leave this hanging with so many questions unanswered. Please bring it back or at the very least, do a mini-series to wrap things up. I will be watching the news...You will make a fan for life if you do!
  • Fox Wake Up

Fox you dont understand how ignorant you are being. Any good company would look at these reviews of such great shows and not cancel them. No wonder that you are one of the worst companies around even slightly connected to TV. You should really think about what you cancel next time.

More Alcatraz wanted
  • why did they end this series it was awesome

still sad they ended this series
  • So Disappointed!

This was a great show! Very disappointed it was cancelled. It was different from other shows which made it interesting to watch and anticipating for the next show. FOX messed up. It's sad when a network lets go of a show that had awesome potential.
  • Please go ahead with season 2

Alcatraz is one of the most exciting TV series I have ever watched. If there haven't been many viewer, it may be because there hasn't been enough advertisement. I even love watching the reruns. It is so disappointing to know so far that they aren't going forward with a season 2.
  • WE NEED A SESON 2

I LOVE THE SHOW AND WAS SO LOOKING FORWARD TO SEASON 2 WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT....
  • TOTAL LOSS

ALCATRAZ WAS A VERY GOOD SHOW ...WHY CANCLE IT..

CREATING SOMETHING THIS GOOD AND NOT USING IT TO ITS FULL

SEASON ONE WAS GREAT WHY NOT MORE..........
  • What a Great Show

From the creator of LOST comes this fresh new show with great story lines and on the edge of your seat entertainment. On October 12th this will come out on DVD and I have already reserved my copy from Amazon.com. FOX BROADCASTING has a reputation of making bad decisions of bringing new show on the network. The production companies spend quite a bit of money on optaining a cast/crew/making the pilot and then orders 13 episodes and then for the most part cancels a show if they don't get PERFECT ratings in 13 weeks or less. This one show had the potential of taking LOSTS place. Now here is the present>> JJ Abrams has Revolution that starts on 9/17/2012 I have already seen the pilot and I want more. Knowing how this business works it will get a 13 episode run and either NBC will cancel it because production costs are too much or the ratings are too low. Some shows need 23 episodes to see if it will work NOT 13. Networks WAKE UP. Look at Time Warner's DALLAS? 3rd episode and it was granted a 2nd season do you see what CBS has missed out on? EXPLAIN this to me as I have been in television/radio for 28 years. (OH I DON'T WANT AN EXCUSE THAT CABLE SHOW'S ARE DIFFERENT DALLAS WAS A CBS SHOW)
  • Cancelled... Really??

WOW, just don't understand this, I really enjoyed this show too! Great story line, amazing actors and each episode kept me craving more! Fox, YOU SUCK!
  • Total mistake

My family and I really enjoyed this porogram and was really upset that they stopped and eand this program. I wish that they would get rid of the crappy shows that they have on and get shows like this to be in front of them. I mean like whats the point of making a show for 1 season? The amount of good actors in this show makes it worth while watching.

• What Happened !!!

They Didnt Finish the story. it was a great ending.i liked every episode but they were hiding lots of stuff and not revealing much.
  • No way

Cancelled...I think it is a very imaginative idea.....
  • Cancelled... are you kidding me!!!

I can not believe that such a imaginative series was cancelled. It had me on the edge of my seat each week. Fox sucks.
  • Main Characters Were the Weak Link!

5.5
    Rebecca needed to be older as well as a little hard boiled but with a soul. As the young actress, though no fault of hers, needed to stand up to Emerson at times. As Emerson came off as a bully. And he really was more of a jerk as time went on. Growing and growing on my nerves. As wished that if an older actress that played Rebecca would had told him off and to shove it where the sun did not shine. But I loved Soto and Lucy as you knew all about them. Really they had soul and they cared. As Lucy apologized in the end for keeping both Rebecca and Soto in the dark. As Lucy and Soto would had made a great couple, as she deserved much more better than Emerson. Like Sam Neil but his character was so unlikable.
  • What went wrong?

This show has all the ingredients of becoming a big global favourite. The cast is brilliant, the storyline complex and mystifying. Each episode ends leaving the viewer feeling that they can't wait for the next! Then, from out of nowhere, an exceptionally good show is cancelled while other less entertaining shows remain in Fox's armoury.

I hope everyone involved in the show quickly finds other employment, they deserve it.
< 1 2 3