ALF

ALF's Special Christmas (1)

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Dec 14, 1987 on NBC

• Great special

We get to learn about Willies childhood christmases, Alf almost gets mistaken for a toy, and reveals himself to a dying girl. Awsomely tributed to a girl who was dying back at the time. touchy.
  • It's a Wonderful Life meets My Favorite Martian

Imagine my surprise to find myself tearing up over an episode of ALF! Hats off to the writers on this one; the humor and the dialogue were stellar, but the underlying message of the episode was even better. When ALF talks to Tiffany, a little girl who knows she won't live to see another Christmas, and she tells him about her fears of soon having to leave this world and go live in another, it's enough to make your heart melt into a puddle within your chest. ALF assuring her that he can relate, and later leaving her with tears in his eyes was extraordinarily touching. The added tragedy of knowing that Mr. Foley, the gentleman who plays Santa to Tiffany, only recently lost his wife, makes this a particularly bittersweet Christmas special. I thought that the writers did a remarkable job of weaving comedy with heartache, and showing the human side of this beloved alien.
  • Simply one of the best ever

This was a Christmas equal to any still shown on TV today.
    Alf learns the true meaning of Christmas,and continues to touch the hearts of millions. From the Tanners, to Santa\'s, almost sucide,to the little girl lying in the hospital dying. I think this should be shown several times each year. It is a true classic.