The Alfred Hitchcock Hour

An Unlocked Window

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Feb 15, 1965 on CBS

• It was a dark and stormy night

One of the best ones. Feels like Hitchcock and Christie wrote it can really feel the tension of all the people stuck in that house. The patient who tells morbid jokes and the lushy maid /cook scaring herself by telling ghost stories make for a lot of comic the showing of the teeny tiny opened basement window 30 times was annoying. It's obvious that an adult couldn't get through that window. I didn't figure out what was going on until the end . When it became clear who was the bad guy was, was heart was in my throat.
  • Riveting....

I watched this episode of A.H.Hour 40 years ago and haven't seen it since but I remember parts of it like yesterday. In my opinion, it is the best suspense program episode ever on T.V. or anywhere else for that matter.
    I won't go into details, but just WATCH IT! You won't be disappointed. Don't be surprised if after watching it you go to the door and expect it to be raining as it was on The Unlocked Window as I did those 40 years ago.

Hear two of the creepiest words ever uttered on a television program:

"...Yes Stella..."

• There is a serial killer loose in the city killing nurses. Everyone is possible as the killer. No one knows who the killer is and when they will strike. A young nurse is called in to protect a sickly man at his creepy home in the woods.

This is, by far, the BEST Hitchcock hour episode I have ever seen. From the start, you are thrusted into the middle of a sleepy town and put on notice right away of the terror that lies in this town. A serial nurse killer is on the loose. You eventually follow a pretty nurse as she handles herself during these terrible times. The last 30 minutes are riveting that you cant stay away from the creepy house that this nurse is staying at overnight, in the rainstorm. Who is the killer? Will this person strike again or will nothing happen...this is something you must see for yourself. The terror is so strong that you feel apart of the small group that is stuck in this house in the country with no where to hide. The ending is just so horrifying and unpredictable that you will never guess what will happen. Everyone is a suspect and everyone in the house is weird. Hitchcock at his finest!
  • Absolutely brilliant. A Hitchcock classic.

The ultimate suspense thriller. If you cannot decide which episode to watch, this is it. You won't be sorry. It is the one ''must see'' Hitchcock classic. I first saw it as a ten year old and never forgot it. It scared me like nothing else before or since. Apparently the day after it first aired in 1965, it was the water cooler discussion of the day. Most people refer to it as ''the nurses'' episode. I guarantee you will be on the edge of your sear from beginning to end. This one proves why Hitchcock truly was the master of suspense.