The Alfred Hitchcock Hour

Change of Address

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Oct 12, 1964 on CBS

7.1
  • Keith Hollands and Elsa Hollands's marriage is coming apart but Mr. Hollands think a change of address near the ocean will help fix their marriage.

5.5
    Very predictable episode there were no surprises here and this episode seemed very, very slow. The Hollands marriage is crumbling. They fight on a regular basis and Elsa knows that Keith fantasizes about young girls. When they move into a house near the ocean, things get worse and the man resorts to murder.

Like I said it was much too predictable and the couple never really reconciled their differences. Elsa was a really tough and unlikable woman and Keith was a playboy so I knew things would end badly. He clearly was agitated with her because she never gave the new change of location a change. When Keith meets a younger girl, he and the girl have an affair. When Else becomes even belligerent, Keith snaps and kills her (with a shovel to the head).

The rest of the episode is also predictable. In all, I didn't like it that much episode. There were no big twists here and from the beginning you get a few hints of what's going to happen.
WZME