The Alfred Hitchcock Hour

The Return of Verge Likens

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Oct 05, 1964 on CBS

• A young farmer plans on getting revenge on the person that killed his father. The man that killed his father is a very important official of the town and has lots of protection around him.

Everytime when I think Ive seen the ultimate Hitchcock episode, I get surprised of another great episode. This episode fits the bill to a tee. The story follows a mayor of the town, who ends up fighting and killing an older man and then has to deal with his vengeful son who wants to kill the mayor and will stop at nothing to accomplish it. Extremely well done with great acting and fantastic writing. You will NEVER guess what happens at the end until too late! I can safely tell you the final few minutes are UNBELIEVEABLE and will keep you on the edge of your seat. I can also offer you this warning: the ending is not for the squeamish! By far, is the most diffecult episode to watch. I had to turn away at least twice, at the end. One of Hitchcocks favorite actors, Robert Emhardt, who plays the mayor, is absolutely wonderful and Peter Fonda (Of "Easy Rider" fame) is great as the son who will not stop at nothing until he gets even. Top 10 Hitchcock Hour episode!