Alfred J. Kwak

VARA (ended 1991)

Irmalover

Alfred J. Kwak Fan Reviews (1)

6.8
  • Prepared kids for the real world Alfred J. Kwak is one series that has influence me slightly on who I have become and who I am now.

As a child I always enjoyed watching the show over and over again, my Mum taped the better part of the series so I could watch it over and over again. Even when I was older that the average AJK viewer I remained a huge fan. It was later when I started to realize that some of the episodes are simple versions of what happens in real life. Examples enough: Dolf, his roots and his 'kraaienpartij' refer to the Nazi's and the Second World War; the poverty in Africa is also a subject, as well as the ever-raging conflict in Isreal (nowadays it is still the same as when Herman van Veen described it, except for the invasion) and many other subjects. I think this is one of the few shows that I, as a cheap Dutch Girl, and others in my county can be PROUD of. It makes me feel good about education through television and learning kids something about the fearful grown-up world.

For once, Holland has with some help delivered a masterpiece!