Alias Smith and Jones Forums

ABC (ended 1973)

The New Alias Smith and Jones

LadyEarthquake

[1]Jan 12, 2007
    • level: 3

Ok, I know this is impossible, but if the network decided to make a modern day version of Alias Smith and Jones, who can you see playing the part of Hannibal Heyes (Joshua Smith) and Kid "Jed" Curry (Thaddeus Jones)?  I would have to give it some thought, but at this very moment, I can't think of a soul.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

texicogirl

[2]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 4
    Hi LadyEarthquake, I had been wondering the same thing for some time and since you posted a couple of weeks ago I have been thinking about it even more. And I really can't come up with too many that are as good of actors or as good looking as "Our Boys". If they have to stay in the 27-30 year old group, like the characters on the show, I have no one. But there are a few that are a few years older I think might work. George Eads, who is on CSI, is a great actor in my opinion, but he is in his mid to late 30's, I think, and he is good looking. Corin Nemic, who played on Stargate SG1 in 2001, I think, as well as several differant movies, is a good actor also and not to bad looking. I'm not sure how old he is though. That is all I have come up with at this time. If I think of any more I will post. Who would you pick?

LadyEarthquake

[3]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 3

Oh I think George is a very yummy talent.  I'll spend the next couple of days picturing him in a cowboy getup.  The guy from the movies Cellular and Fantastic Four - Chris Evans.  He's pretty cute in a boyish way and might....might do a good job at The Kid.  I'm gonna make it my mission to keep an eye out the next possible Curry and Heyes.

texicogirl

[4]Jan 31, 2007
    George did a movie with Tom Selleck called "Monte Walsh". George started out as a good guy, butthen gets in with some baddys and winds up getting killed, sniff sniff. I also thought of Matt Damon for the Kid, he is kind of cute. Evans is cute, I didn't see "Cellular" so I can't say if I like him that much. Let's keep this ball rolling and come up with more prospects.

BelovedBluebird

[5]Feb 20, 2007
    • level: 1
    No way there. I can't even watch the esps with Roger Davis playing Hannibal Heyes/Joshua Smith. To me there  is only one that played the role as Hannibal Heyes/Joshua Smith and that is Peter Duel

texicogirl

[6]Feb 28, 2007
    Of course no one will ever be as good as the origonals, that is a given. I don't know if I would want a remake. They usually aren't as good as and the story line isn't worth much either. But it is nice to dream

deaneab

[8]May 20, 2007
    • level: 2

Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles (stars of "Supernatural") should play Heyes and Curry.

Edited on 05/20/2007 9:47am

texicogirl

[9]Jun 12, 2007
    I just finished watching the movie Thr3e and it was way better than the book, but that isn't what I want to say. I think that the lead actor Marc Blucas was awesome! and would make a great Kid Curry!! If you haven't seen the movie movie see it and you will see for yourself that he has some, not all, of the Kid's qualaties. The scene that convinced me was near the end when all is reveled. Not to mention that he is just tooooo darn cute for his own good!!! And how about Johnny Depp as Heyes? Not the goofy guy he has played in some movies, but more like he was on 21 Jump Street. Man, you want gorgeous.