Alias

30 Seconds

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 03, 2006 on ABC

• Perhaps one of the best Alias episodes ever. (Spoilers!)

It has finally happened. The greatest setup for Alias has happened. Sloane finally turns back to his evil self, by killing Nadia and returning to Rambaldi. Anna taking over Sydney's body is another great transition that builts up overwhelming suspense.

One thing that bothered me was the product placement. Product placement isn't something new in television, but the way Alias handles it is just too obvious. When you add dialogue that promotes the product, it just gets annoying. In case you missed it: when Jack and Nadia are in the car, Nadia mentions that Jack "finally got the Ford Hybrid." Next we see a shot of the Hybrid logo on the back of the car. This isn't the first time they've promoted ford either. They also had Sydney scream "The F-150" to Vaughn during a chase.

It might be just me, and I might be lame for saying it, but Sloane's inevitable return to evil is reminiscent of Anakin's fall to the Dark Side in Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. Sloane's final speech is similar to that of Anakin's pledge of allegience to Darth Sidious. Either way, you get quite the same chill down your spine.

Disregarding the product placement, after years of average story and plot twists, Alias gears up to go out with a bang.