Alias

30 Seconds

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 03, 2006 on ABC

• What An Episode! So much, so good, so fast...but I\'m not entirely satisfied.

Overall this was a fantastic episode, the twists and turns were great (though in retrospect not that surprising). The death of Mia Maestro\'s character, Nadia while entirely essential in its catalysis of Sloane\'s reversion to his evil older self, leaves the show slightly bereft of some aesthetic pleasure (though there is enough left to compensate). Renée Rien on te he other hand should not have been killed off...her character had hardly developed and it seems that she was only killed to add some weight to Sloane\'s soliloquy at the end.

Moreover the Anna Espinosa-Sydney clone has somewhat dampened my enthusiasm for this part of the story. Gina Torres was sublime in her portrayal of the character and her appearance elevated the show - the scenes between Anna and Sydney in \"There\'s Only One Sydney Bristow\" were outstanding, the clone isn\'t much of a replacement. As another reviewer commented, this may have been essential due to the shorter length of this final series. That said, this is Alias we\'re talking about, anything could happen...I may just get to see more exciting scenes between the two arch-nemeses after all.

Don\'t get me wrong this is still a very good episode, I just expect more from Alias. All in all, a superb episode (with a little bit of lazy writing).