Alias

30 Seconds

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 03, 2006 on ABC

• A strong episode. It was nice to have Mia Maestro back.

It was nice to have Nadia back this episode. The scene with her and Jack riding in the car spying on Sloane was fun. "I see you finally bought the Ford Hybrid" was a reference back to episode 4.10 when Jack discussed thinking about buying one. I'm beginning to believe the theory that Nadia is Jack's real daughter. When Jack said to her "Sloane isn't your only family" it seemed like he genuinely meant it and it seems Jack has grown close to Nadia. Also in the season four season finale Irina also hinted to Jack that Nadia might be his daughter. The real question though is will we ever know with the series final two episodes away.

I don't know if it was just me but Mia Maestro's acting seemed to have improved since the last time we saw her. Maybe working on 'Poseidon' helped her. In her final scene after she discovered Page 47 in Sloane's office her pain and disappointment seemed very raw and real. Ron Rifkin actually brought the scene down for me, which is strange because usually he's on top of things. The scene still worked out fine though. I admit, it looked a little unbelievable that Sloane pushing Nadia out of the way sent her flying back into that glass table but it still worked out good. I'm very happy Sloane is bad again even though it did bring the death of Nadia. It wouldn't be the end of Alias and all things Rimbaldi if Sloane didn't return to his Rimbaldi obsessive evil self.

And evil Sydney kills her first victim. The way she brutally sliced Renee's throat was shocking and I can't remember the last Alias episode where we had where two important characters died(if there ever was one). I predict as we get closer to the finale more blood will be shed. I hope we get some sort of happy ending for Sydney though.

All in All it was a strong episode and I enjoyed having Mia Maestro back for the short time she was with us again.

Final Notes and Quotes

- Vaughn didn't make an appearance in this episode.

-30 seconds references to the amount of time Nadia had to be dead for in between when Sloane stopped her heart and gave her the antidote/special Rimbaldi medicine.
    -Two deaths in Alias followed by two deaths in Lost. Considering both shows are produced by many of the same people that's a mighty big coincidence.

-I am in mourning for Renee. While her character didn't provide a lot to the story she certainly was entertaining.

-Marshall:"...Oh I see, it's a secret."

Final Rating: 3 out of 4 stars.

- Tim Bronx