Alias

All the Time in the World (2)

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 22, 2006 on ABC

• Alias came in with a bang and ended with a bang, the bang being the sound of objects crashing into TVs around the world.

The episode features the return of several fan favorites such as Lena Olin, Merrin Dungey, and David Anders. It's supposed to be good, after all it is the series finale. But it's not. It is in this episode that the viewers witnessed the utter character assassination of Irina Derevko at the hands of a last-minute script change. The writers had disregarded everything that had happened in season 2 and Lena Olin's great characterization of Irina. They replaced the complex Irina with a 1 dimensional cardboard villian. Gone was the Irina with conflicting loyalties, here comes the anti-Christ Irina that a small group of fans had always wanted. The 'happy ending' at the end came at the cost of Irina's character and Jack's death. Even then the S/V ending was disappointing. I was tempted to give this a zero, the only thing that's stopping me from doing so is my love for Lena Olin and Victor Garber. Whose chemistry was not even exploited in this sad excuse of a finale. What had happened to the Alias that we all knew and love? The answer is, it got LOST in the shuffle.