Alias

Countdown

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Apr 27, 2003 on ABC

• Review

I think the storyline in this episode was very well done, but wish that they had spent more time where the time was needed. Sydneys mission to recover the heart was good as it showed Dixons ability to handle himself in the situation, but the whole thing was just a wild goose chase. This "event" that was to occur at 12:00 midnight was Slone receiving something on the manuscribt that was given to him by the monk. What was on it we don't know yet, but Im sure we will find out soon as Sloane is sure to set in motion whatever plan that he has just received. I would have liked to have seen some more scenes with the monk and Arvin, but seeing Dixon react an episode after his wifes death was a good thing to see. Writing him off the show temporarliy was something that the writers kind of backed themselves into to keep the story "real", but I would have liked to see him fight until the end of this season. Decent episode, nothing amazing though.
  • The episode wasn't too bad but it could have been alot better.

The episode wasn't too bad but it could have been alot better. It was a little boring & I expected a little more action & suspense 2 episodes before the season finale.

Now it's Dixon's turn to go after Sloan for revenge. Sloan admits that he wasn't satisfied by killing Dixon's wife and that he should have killed Dixon instead. But why does Sloan want to give up 30 years of his quest for Rambaldi? Sark asked a very good question. Is Sloan really giving up. Too bad there was no Irena in this episode.

So it turns out that Emily had to die in order for Sloan to recieve some sort of scroll. I wonder what was written on it.

The sword fight was really cool, and so was the robot heart.

And Dixon almost loosing it, I didn't really think that he was actually going to detonate a bomb, while Sydney was there. Or leave his children without a father so soon after they lost their mother. Sydney proved to be a good friend, being there for Dixon & lying for him, even to Vaughn.

• He was alone.....

It seems that the witers of this show want absolutely everyone to suffer. Can you spell r-e-v-e-n-g-e?

Dixon was hurt by his wifes dead. Offcourse, this is logical. But this poor guy, really goes the wrong way. Self-medicating and going on a kinda aggressive hunt for Sloane is not how to overcome your pain.

Both Sloane an Dixon have lost someone, and they both almost gave everything up after it happened. But they didn't. Sloane got a weird scroll (*what* was that?) and Dixon had a heartbreaking moment on bridge. He's gonna be there for his children, like he should.

Sydney clearly knows what Dixon is going trough. She knows like no one else, how it is to loose someone because of Sloane. Also because of that, and she just trusts and loves him, she lied for him. I think she did good. Mainly because Dixon turned himself in, wich was wise, but also because that man is going trough enough now. He needs a friend he can trust. It's sad she had to lie to Vaughn, but I think he understands. Especially after her cute speech about her parents :) ("I never had anyone to dissapoint before. That's different now")

When I saw Sark standing there and talking to Sloane about the mission I just wondered: WHY is Sark working for them. He seems very smart, but it doesn't seem like he has his own big plans. It just occured to me we never had an explantion why he joined Sloane ( other than destroying the Alliance) is he also deperate for Rambaldi? I hope we'll find out soon why Sarkie-boy is in the gang.

Seems like Marshall had a flirt :) The man is incredibly cute, and deserves some love so that's ok. There just seems to be something off with that girl though :S Aah, well maybe that's just my suspicious mind :P

On the action scenes: very, very cool. I loved the sword fight, and later on Dixon and his bomb. I'm always a big fan of the ...days earlier thingie and this one was very good indeed. I knew Vaughn wouldn't shoot!

So Rambaldi made a robot-heart? He really is a mystery, and now Sloane is going to find out more. I thought the whole mountain thing was kinda weird but ok. Sloane's glasses were incredibly cool though!

Good episode, as all epi's have been lately. The show should work some things out, though. This season is ending (:'(:'() and I just thought about and there are some loose endings that should be solved. I trust these writers, though :)