Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

30 seconds

Skerit

[1]Aug 16, 2012
    • level: 5

It's been years since I've seen season 5. In fact: I only watched it once, when it originally aired. And here I am: 6 years later, watching it again.

Season 5 has always left a bitter taste in my mouth. Sure, at the moment I loved the finale, but there were always certain things that I thought were gigantic mistakes, some which even undermined the entire series I think.

But I'm here to talk about 30 seconds.

The death of Nadia.

I had the same feeling 20 minutes ago as I did 6 years ago. Extreme discontent with how that story ended up. Bringing back a major character just to kill her in order to advance the plot. And kill her in the most ridiculous way ever: by accidentally falling through a coffee table.

I thought I was watching some cheap soap when it happened.

I'm more surprised that not a lot of other people feel the same way. How can such a major cop out not have left more fans discontent?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Aesandil

[2]Aug 16, 2012
    • level: 4

I've only finished watching the show a month or so ago, and I can tell you that I've also found this particular scene to be extremely disappointing. Not just because of the way in which Nadia's character was treated - it outlined the issues I had with Sloane's portrayal, too.

Throughout the series, the writers seemed to hesitate as to which direction Sloane should eventually take. Evil, good, semi-evil, semi-good, fighting the Rambaldi obsession, giving in to the Rambaldi obsession, looking for redemption, disregarding the redemption, etc. It wasn't always consistent, and the least so in that moment of Nadia's death.

And the very demise of Nadia was, as you put it, absolutely ridiculous. She wasn't even pushed away that hard (which would've lessened the impact in itself), and it would actually take quite some effort to fall through a glass table in the exact manner she did (head first, not covering herself with her hands, etc.).

I know that it made me question the point of curing her in the first place.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.