Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Actors on Other Shows This Season

djkiser

[1]Nov 13, 2006
    • level: 1
    I watch Justice almost solely because of Victor Garber.  Does anyone else?  And if you do, what do you think of his brown hair?  Was it gray and wavy (loved that) just for Alias?

Also, have you seen "Brothers and Sisters"?  I can't help but think Rifkin is evil!  And how ironic that he's coupled with "Dr. Barnett," Patricia Wettig!!  And Balthazar Getty appears, too.  Must seem like an Alias reunion!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

amtl

[2]Nov 14, 2006
    • level: 16
    I really love Greg Grunberg in Heroes. I haven't seen any of the above but I would also have a hard time to see Rifkin as anything but evil.

malawi69

[3]Nov 16, 2006
    • level: 21
    djkiser wrote:
    I watch Justice almost solely because of Victor Garber.  Does anyone else?  And if you do, what do you think of his brown hair?  Was it gray and wavy (loved that) just for Alias?

Also, have you seen "Brothers and Sisters"?  I can't help but think Rifkin is evil!  And how ironic that he's coupled with "Dr. Barnett," Patricia Wettig!!  And Balthazar Getty appears, too.  Must seem like an Alias reunion!!

Same here, I just keep hoping Jack, sorry Ron Trot pulls out a gun and threatens the opposing lawyer. And to top it Ron's attitude is just as hot-headed and all-go-no-quit as Jack's was... you can take the gun from the operative, but aparently you can't take the game out of the operative

djkiser

[4]Nov 17, 2006
    Actually, wouldn't it be better if Trot took the opposing counsel to the basement, tied him to a chair, and threatened to torture him? :-)

malawi69

[5]Nov 19, 2006
    • level: 21
    djkiser wrote:
    Actually, wouldn't it be better if Trot took the opposing counsel to the basement, tied him to a chair, and threatened to torture him? :-)

my thoughts exactly...

girlkyle

[6]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 6
    I think it's sort of funny that Ron Rifkin, Balthazar Getty, and Patricia Wettig all wound up on Brothers & Sisters.  When I started watching, I figured that Jabrams had something to do with the show, but then I found out he doesn't, and that sort of surprised me.  I mean, he always uses a lot of the same actors, but this had nothing to do with that, and they all wound up together.

I seriously love that show.

archangelcory16

[7]Dec 4, 2006
    • level: 32
    I'm loving Brothers & Sisters and Heroes.

KidNexa

[8]Dec 8, 2006
    • level: 9
    I haven't watched 'Brothers & Sisters' yet, but I love 'Heroes' and 'Justice'... Too bad 'Justice' is not doing very well... I hope it gets better on ratings, it's a good show... And Victor Garber is just awesome...

archangelcory16

[9]Dec 11, 2006
    • level: 32
    KidNexa wrote:
    I haven't watched 'Brothers & Sisters' yet, but I love 'Heroes' and 'Justice'... Too bad 'Justice' is not doing very well... I hope it gets better on ratings, it's a good show... And Victor Garber is just awesome...

Justice has been pretty much canceled. It's too late, really, for them to order any more episodes. All that's missing is the official word that it's been canceled.

KidNexa

[10]Dec 16, 2006
    archangelcory16 wrote:
    KidNexa wrote:

Justice has been pretty much canceled. It's too late, really, for them to order any more episodes. All that's missing is the official word that it's been canceled.

Yeah... I know... Too bad...

At least they're showing the remaining episodes, I guess...

sweetsteph

[11]Jan 11, 2007
    • level: 13

I am happy to check out any show other Alias cast members are on, even if they are short lived. For example, 'Kitchen Confidential'. I have been watching 'Justice' and Victor does a great job in that, and I love a good law show but it wasn't really sustaining my interest that much so I wasn't all that surprised when it was cancelled. I love 'Brothers and Sisters' and think it is a good, solid drama about a family and was not at all what I expected - it almost makes you want to have a family that big LOL. The only reason I checked it out of course, was for the Alias cast members - obviously Patricia Wettig is on there because of her husband, executive producer Ken Olin and I'm guessing Ron impressed him enough on Alias to get the part too. It's even good to see Balthazar Getty even though he wasn't on our show that long. I'm hanging out for other Alias cast members to make appearances - Michael Vartan needs to be back on tv, stat. 'Heroes' is probably my favourite new show of the season and I only heard about it because I heard Greg Grunberg was on it and this time, he is playing a character who is going to be developed in depth, unlike Weiss was - I would have liked to find out more about Weiss - he was an underused character.

asutho

[12]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 17
    My favorite is defiantly Greg Grunberg on Heroes, i was quite a fan of him on Alias

McTrooperNow

[13]Jan 23, 2007
    djkiser wrote:
    I watch Justice almost solely because of Victor Garber. Does anyone else? And if you do, what do you think of his brown hair? Was it gray and wavy (loved that) just for Alias?

Also, have you seen "Brothers and Sisters"? I can't help but think Rifkin is evil! And how ironic that he's coupled with "Dr. Barnett," Patricia Wettig!! And Balthazar Getty appears, too. Must seem like an Alias reunion!!

Yeah. Garber is a really cool actor. That was the main reason I wanted to see Justice. The cleaver hook about showing what really happened at the end (in addition to the good acting) made me keep watching, but when the schedule got messed around with I stopped watching.

It's cool seeing Weiss in Heros, but the reason I wanted to see the show is the Japaneses guy. Being a fan of anime I find even the fictionalized insight into the culture interesting. Plus the idea of a Japaneses superhero was interesting compaired to the standard American superheros.

piperbunny

[14]Feb 6, 2007
    • level: 8
    I think Michael Vartan has a new pilot coming out for next autumn Whether it gets picked up or not is another question!

GameCuber018

[15]Feb 9, 2007
    Ron Rifkin on that new show is hilarious. I walked into the family room and my mom had that show on. I see Arvin frickin' Sloane standing there in a pink sweater. WTF!? It was the funniest thing. Ron Rifkin will never be anyone but Arvin Sloane. I would never be able to take him seriously as any other character.

Superdawg519

[16]Feb 11, 2007
    • level: 7
    Another connection is that Brothers & Sisters was created by Jon Robin Baitz, a playwright who wrote "In Dreams..." the episode of Alias that Jennifer Garner directed.

mony_gp

[17]Apr 24, 2007
    • level: 5
    [QUOTE="McTrooperNow"]
    djkiser wrote:

It's cool seeing Weiss in Heros, but the reason I wanted to see the show is the Japaneses guy. Being a fan of anime I find even the fictionalized insight into the culture interesting. Plus the idea of a Japaneses superhero was interesting compaired to the standard American superheros.

yeah, I was surprised to Weiss in Heroes. It's so weird to call him his new name, hahah, but since he's still from the good guys it's not a shocker. It's not that difficult to imagine him a good guy if he was a good guy, like what happens with Rifkin. Oh and I totally also agree with you, Hiro is the best, I love the scenes when he's trying to time-travel, how he shuts his eyes very hard, hehehe, way cute. At least for me LOL!.

heart_sark

[18]May 3, 2007
    I saw Sark ( David Anders) on Grey's Anatomy today and it was so awesome!!!! It was a very small role and he is sexier with his fake accent. It was cool though.

esonderegger

[19]May 5, 2007

Don't forget Merrin Dungey (Francie from seasons 1 & 2 ), who played Naomi in last week's Grey's! If the Grey's Anatomy spin-off gets picked up, she'll have a starring role this fall!

badrobott

[20]May 17, 2007
    • level: 5

YES DJKISER I WATCHED IT JUST BECAUSE OF VICTOR GARBER AS WELL!!  GOOD NEWS GUYS JACK BRISTOW IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!  VICTOR GARBER WILL PLAY THE CHARACTER "JORDAN WETHERSBY" ON ELI STONE THIS FALL.  PLEASE GO TO THE MESSAGE BOARD AND EXPRESS YOUR EXCITEMENT TO SHOW HIM SUPPORT!!!  SEE LINK BELOW!!!

http://forums.abc.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=abcmbfall&catList=Eli%20Stone

djkiser wrote: