Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Alias a rip off?

Peterb3291

[1]Aug 11, 2010
    • level: 8

Now I've read that Alias is a rip off of a USA show called La Femme Nikita...discussion anyone?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ZmaXcharmvill3

[2]Aug 12, 2010
    • level: 5
    yeah the storyline sounds a lot like Alias...A Lot

but ehh...i don't really care haha

I love Alias so much, nothing could change my mind. But there are a bunch of shows with the same premise and each one is great in it's own ways...but characters like Jack Bristow, Arvin Sloan, Michale Vaughn are one of a kind...and we all know that...

There Is Only One Sydney Bristow

SeemingLee0

[4]Oct 3, 2010
    • level: 3

Alias is very different from La Femme Nikita.

La Femme Nikita (1997) is a Canadian TV version of the French film La Femme Nikita (1990), and in fact there is now a TV adaptation of the French film being shown on CW called Nikita (2010) - whit btw is very good. There is actually an American film adaptation of the French film called Point of No Return (1993) but it's so-so.

Alias and Nikita has a completely different storyline.

In Nikita, the protagonist is a woman. She used to be a criminal and was forced to become a spy / assassin by an organization called the Division. In this story, Nikita goes rogue and tries to defeat the organization.

In Alias, the protagonist, Sydney Bristow, is also a female spy - but she does it willingly. There is some twist in the plot about her relationship with the CIA (I don't want to give any spoilers in case you haven't watched it), but ultimately there is some very interesting sci-fi-ish spice that is not seen elsewhere on television.

You should take a look at this series. Alias is on my all-time top 10 tv series. I've watched complete seasons twice!

Peterb3291

[5]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 8
    I own the first two seasons of Alias and loved every minute of it.

jack756

[6]Oct 24, 2010
    • level: 14

alias is very different fromnikita in lots of ways .i dont think there the same show.i mean alot of people say eastwick and charmed are the same.or medium and ghost whisperer are the same.i notice lots of action and sci-fi shows have the same concept but different stories...so alias have the same concept as nikita you know spy but they both have different background stories....