Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Alias - Official Discussion Thread

tvfan332

[81]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 37

bonniekean wrote:
    tvfan332 wrote:
    My favourite episode from the first season is the 2 part episode the box.
    I love those episodes!!! ALSO... a question... My friend who liked the show b4 I did, who bought the DVDs said that Sydney, at one point, was a triple agent. What episode(s) is that from which season?

I'm pretty sure that Sydney was never a triple agent.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Marshmelly

[82]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 1

I'm p***** off because Australian viewers haven't got 1 ep of Alias 5, I had to buy it on the net I'm p***** off all the other devoted fans haven't seen it.

athevolunteer

[83]Apr 4, 2007
    • level: 20
    tvfan332 wrote:

bonniekean wrote:
    tvfan332 wrote:
    I love those episodes!!! ALSO... a question... My friend who liked the show b4 I did, who bought the DVDs said that Sydney, at one point, was a triple agent. What episode(s) is that from which season?

What about that episode where she was dressed up like a geisha.?

bonniekean

[84]Apr 10, 2007
    • level: 5
    athevolunteer wrote:
    tvfan332 wrote:

bonniekean wrote:
    tvfan332 wrote:

Oh yeah, I suppose if you think about it.
    She was double crossing SD-6 with Sark, whilst also working for the CIA.
    But isn't a triple agent when someone is a double agent for someone, but actually not a double agent and giving the other agencie wrong information?
    i.e: Sydney works for SD-6, then is a walk-in for the CIA, but really works for SD-6 and just pretending to be a double agent for the CIA.
    If that is the case, I think my friend got confused...

tvfan332

[85]Apr 11, 2007
    • level: 37
    bonniekean wrote:
    athevolunteer wrote:
    tvfan332 wrote:

bonniekean wrote:
    tvfan332 wrote:

Oh yeah, I suppose if you think about it. She was double crossing SD-6 with Sark, whilst also working for the CIA. But isn't a triple agent when someone is a double agent for someone, but actually not a double agent and giving the other agencie wrong information? i.e: Sydney works for SD-6, then is a walk-in for the CIA, but really works for SD-6 and just pretending to be a double agent for the CIA. If that is the case, I think my friend got confused...

I'm so confused.

She dressed up as the geisha sometime in season 1 (I think), but it's been a while since I watched it so I can't really remember what was happening.

michael_LB92

[86]Apr 12, 2007
    • level: 24
    ^^ It's season 2 because she is working for Sark, and Sark says he is going to kill Sloane, but instead ends up breaking a deal with him to work for him at SD-6.
    That's when I think they devised the plan to help Irina Derevko escape.

heart_sark

[87]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 6
    Sark and Sloane were discussing the fact that Irina had the location of the Rambaldi artifacts when Sydney helped kidnap Sloane.

badrobott

[88]May 16, 2007

Message boards up on ABC.COM for 2007-2008 LINE UP -  JACK BRISTOW AS JORDAN WETHERSBY ON "ELI STONE" AND VAUGHN 0N BIG SHOTS - GO POST AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THESE GUYS.  LINKS BELOW

http://forums.abc.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=abcmbfall&tid=41

http://forums.abc.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=abcmbfall&catList=Big%20Shots

diyari

[89]Mar 31, 2008
    • level: 8
    hey guyes so...I heard there will be a 6th seasonis that true??please respond...

alias004

[90]Apr 2, 2008
    • level: 13

Although I wish there was a sixth season I think it's difficult for a cancelled show to come back..

Cristy0010

[91]Apr 2, 2008
    • level: 24
    Hi everyone! I just wanna invite you to visit my blog, I made a Syd-Vaughn memories with quotes and pictures. I hope you visit my profile here, and give your opinion about it.

LostSux

[92]May 26, 2008

1. Why didn't Sydney destroy Rambaldi's dna box before she erased her memory?

2. Why didn't Sydney shoot Irina on the top of the roof at the end of "The Telling"?

3. Why didn't Syney shoot Irina after she shot her in the shoulder at Sloane's home in Tuscany?

4. Why didn't Sydney arrest Sark when she knocked him out and took the Rambaldi dna box from him? He was still a wanted fugitive right?

alias004

[93]Jun 2, 2008

Yes..i have exactly the same questions...and i have to add:"How did Will manage to beat AND kill Allison the moment that even Syd can barely handle her?

LostSux

[94]Jun 2, 2008
    I just re-watched the 5th season. I liked it. I don't know why it's unpopular. I see why Jack Bauer is the more respected agent. He only gives the bad guys one or two passes before he takes decisive action. It was Syd's fault that her dad died. She could've blown off Sloane's head as soon as she spotted him with the Horizon. But no........She had to wait till Sloane blew away her dad. And what kills me, is when Jack was dying, all she gave him was snot buggers, but when Irina dyed, she was crying her eyes out. It seems Syd always gave her mom preferential treatment over Jack. When she suspected (in the 1st season) her mom might still be alive, she wanted to find her and hug her. And she was ready to turn in Jack when she thought he was the kgb agent that killed William Vaughn. And when she found out the truth she still manged to treat him like the bad guy. I lost track of how many times in the first two seasons she told Jack she would never forgive him. She was like a 15 year old; "I hate you dad, and I'll never forgive you". She couldn't even respect Jack's dying wish" That she kill her mother. Not only did she not do that, she cried after she tried to SAVE Irina. For someone who has been through so much, Sydney is too soft to be an agent.

Page_47

[95]Jul 19, 2008
    • level: 11
    Although arguably it's because she's been through so much that she has become this softer woman. And there's a fine line between love and hate. I think the reason she had so many outbursts at Jack in the first season was because she so desperately wanted to connect with him. Whilst she ultimately idealises Irina (something she can't help - having idealised her all her life as Laura Bristow, it makes sense that she would do the same with Irina Derevko), she loves Jack. I think the only reason Sydney didn't shoot Sloane straight off was because she wanted him in custody. She is a bit of a softy but she'll always take that option over taking a life (as shown with Anna in season 4). Same with Irina - Jack says: "Go after your mother". He never mentions killing, because, although he may better understand what sometimes need to be done in their work, he feels the same as Sydney. And when she tries to save her mother, I think it's really just Sydney responding to the fact that her world is collapsing around her - her father dead, her workplace destroyed, herself badly beaten by her mother; even Bauer would find himself emotionally challenged!

And to answer your questions (though not definitively):

1. Because she respected CIA policy and thought it bad enough that she was keeping the artifact away from Kendal. Another possibility is that she respected its importance, having been involved in trying to find it for so long. Ultimately, Sydney says that she doesn't know why she didn't just destroy it, or even why she worked so hard to find it once she woke up with amnesia. We just have to trust that we can't know what was really going through her head in those two years.
    2. Because she doesn't kill unless she absolutely has to, and there was no middle ground there - if she shot Irina, she would fall and die (or so Sydney thought). Also, Irina was giving the goods, prophecy-wise, and Sydney was reluctantly intrigued.
    3. Sydney did shoot Irina in the shoulder in Tuscany...
    4. She was still on the run, a fugitive. She could arrest Sark, but she would have nothing to do with him afterwards, and he would have undoubtedly escaped her anyway.

And the question from alias004:

I think Will had the upper hand in that a) He had had two years of fighting lessons since we last saw him, b) He was driven by white-hot anger at Allison for killing Francie and making a fool out of him, and c) Allison was probably hindered by her guilt and vulnerability in Will's presence, as it was hinted at in 'The Telling' that she had feelings for him. Indeed, this is what made it such good storytelling that Will could be involved at this point, as he was probably a better combatant than Sydney to take down Allison.

alias004

[96]Jul 28, 2008
    ^^Yeah,good points!
    Edited on 07/28/2008 3:19am

rsc_7

[97]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 2

ohk i noe this is random but..vartan is GOOD lukin

hotter when he wz yougr [duhh]..u shud see him in tht friends episode..i dnt remembr the name.his hair wz lighter but wow wz he gorguz!

i didnt noe he had a tatoo on his left shouder or summin..hvnt seen it yet but i read it sumwer

im still on season 2!!

i startd wachin alias a liill late lol

buuut..i still luv it

nd i luv spy daddy !

PabloExobar

[98]Aug 26, 2008
    • level: 18
    what language is that? =/

Cali_girl_213

[99]May 14, 2010
    • level: 11
    Hey Alias Fans! Hoping you can help me out!!!!!! I'm writing a paper for my tv history class (I'm a film/tv major) and want to write about comparing the show Alias, to the first female detective show, Honey West (1966). I was wondering if you could help me with finding old episodes online, preferably the pilot episode of both shows. If anyone has any info to help me, please message me or post on here!!! THANKS!!!!

elias_jacobson

[100]Jul 27, 2011
    Hey, guys, do you have any intel if the series will come back or something. Maybe a remake?