Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Bear With Me Here (Question about Irina)****Possible Spoiler****

Azarai

[1]Jan 2, 2006
    • level: 6
    I haven't seen ANY Thread concerning this possible happening. I've been curious to know about the possibilities, or if someone caught something I didn't which discounted this possibility.

**Is Irina the real Irina, or is she the double which Jack supposedly killed when he thought it was her?**

I saw all of season four, and pretty much most of season three, so I get the facts, but does somebody know something I don't? I'd like to hear your opinions, thanks.

(Quick sidenote: What did happen to Kendall? I don't remember seeing much of him later on...)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Page_47

[2]Jan 4, 2006
    • level: 11
    On the season 4 dvds audio commentaries, JJ Abrams and Jennifer Garner briefly mention that they wanted Kendal back for the season 4 finale, but they couldn't get him due to Terry O'Quinn filming 'Lost' in Hawaii - instead they used Agent Brodey.
    You make a very good point about Irina! If it was the double that had survived as opposed to the one being shot by Jack, it would allow for the writers to make her extra extra evil, which would mean a lot to follow her torchering Syd in the last episode.
    However, ultimately, it's a cop-out. Fans love Irina because of who she is on the inside, not out - she's unpredictable, she can work for good or for evil, and she never lets her clear goals out. If it's simply a clone wearing her face, then she's evil, simple, obvious. The character is gone, and it's not worth bringing her back unless they kill her. And they can't do that, because Irina has to be part of the series finale this year. Like in Mexico City at the endof season 2. Wasn't that like the best one-scene of Alias ever?

Azarai

[3]Jan 4, 2006
    • level: 6
    Yeah, I loved the season finale for season 2...But I don't know, even if it wouldn't be popular, it seems equal to killing off Francie and doubling her....But yeah, that is true...It might ruin the mystery or her alignment if Irina were dead.