Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

between season 3 and 4...

gunnar189

[1]Jun 20, 2007
    • level: 7

Season 3 finally yook Sidney to Germany to find some papers, then Jack shows up and says she was never supposed to have found that.

ALIAS

Season 4 forgets all of this and suddenly in episode 13 he says: "We haven't really talked since--" Sidney interupts: "Since mom died."

What the heck, when did that happen? Did the viewer know this at the time?

Also, was the papers in Germany about Jack enlisting Sidney to the child training during the 80's?

Please, someone explain, I am confused!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Moby1969

[2]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 3
    There is no explanation. It was the most idiotic continuity screw up I have ever encountered. For some stupid reason they decided after S3 ended to do some sort of "reset" to attract new fans. They ended up in basically ruining the series. That and Abrams basically loosing interest in it due to Lost and MI3...

athevolunteer

[3]Jun 22, 2007
    • level: 20
    They did that on purpose. Just keep on watching it'll be resolved.

Kaiser_Souzey

[4]Jun 23, 2007
    • level: 6
    It is explained later on, the highly classified documents that Syd found included requests from Jack to Langley for permission to kill Irina Drevko. Thats why Syd becomes upset and neglects Jack for several episodes in season 4, but later Jack explains as he always does in his own time (he's cool that way) that he found out that Irina had put out an assassination order on Syds life and that was why he had found & killed Irina...

Moby1969

[5]Jun 24, 2007
    • level: 3
    It was a poor explanation. When did this happen? Obviously all of this conspiracy happened some time in the timeline of season 3 (as it appeared on the last episode of S3) between when Jack lost contact with Irina and the end (eg, somewhere during the timeline of the last episode). It just didn't happen. If you had just watched s1-s3 back to back prior to watching S4 (as I did) it was just an insult and an absolute joke.

Page_47

[6]Jun 30, 2007
    • level: 11
    I never get what people's beef with this plot change is - they EXPLAINED the whole thing scene by scene in the premiere of season 4! Sydney explained that she located the 'Bristow' folder and that it contained all the usual stuff on Project Christmas (which she and we already knew about) but continued into stuff she didn't know, mainly the documentation of Jack's request to kill Irina Derevko, which was granted by the CIA. Yes, originally the scene was set up to reveal Jack as a baddy (sort of), but the change they made still fit in with the story and made sense, given that Lauren said "If your mother's been alive all this time, then why haven't you seen her?". Basically, it's evident that Lauren knew a lot more about the Bristow family than they did, which, again, makes PERFECT sense given that she was working for Yelena, the Covenant's leader(ish). Remember Yelena had been closely watching the Bristow gals ever since they were little? Not to mention she orchestrated her sister's death.
    It all makes sense in the end.

michael_LB92

[7]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 24
    I didn't get Lauren's "You think the CIA couldn't find you!?" stuff. Was she really just trying to distract Sydney or was this another mess-up from Abrams and Co.?

alias_rox

[8]Jul 27, 2007
    • level: 8
    the reason why they had jack "kill" irina is becasue lena olin was either working on another projsct or wanted to spend time with her family/husband. im not sure which one it was, but im pretty sure it might be in the extras on the season 4? dvds as to why this happened.

archangelcory16

[9]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 32
    My understanding is that the papers were about Project Christmas still being in operation or something else similar to that. However, ABC requested that the show be rebooted in season four because ratings were suffering, so the writers had to go a different direction.

I don't think we should blame JJ or the crew, they were just trying to keep their jobs...

And by the way I know a lot of fans think the show was ruined but I *love* season four. I hate that plots fell by the wayside but I was also happy with what we got...season four is incredibly fun entertainment and I highly enjoyed it.