Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Did they leave an opening for the Alias to come back?

adjuly16

[1]Jul 28, 2008
    • level: 10
    Did they leave an opening for Alias to come back.............because at the end they showed her daughter building the puzzle or was that just for effect?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PabloExobar

[2]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 18
    She destroys it right after. It was just a little wink from the writers that Sydney's daughter has the same skills as her mom does. The show is wrapped up - it's done. JJ said it himself several times.

vicky24c

[3]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 24
    The end closed the story nicely so I doubt they would re-start it now with Jen having baby no 2 and all

Shinigami124

[4]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 11

a lot of things do that. Just a tease

Wanted23

[5]Aug 29, 2008
    • level: 33
    I loved it so much when they did that in the series finale! No, it did not leave the door open. It was more of an implication.

neishi-boi

[6]Sep 13, 2008
    • level: 18
    Let's just leave the show as it is - don't want it to be brought back only to be a disappointment.

36th_Phantom

[7]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 9
    i think they did leave it open, but it will never be brought back now

michael_LB92

[8]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 24
    I think they left it pretty closed-booky.

acero47

[9]Oct 6, 2008
    • level: 3
    While I agree that they shouldn't make an Alias movie or anything, I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of cameo in JJ's new show Fringe. It deals with some of the same issues (fringe science is even mentioned during the first season of Alias). I'd love to see Marshall or Sydney in some sort of cameo. Unfortunately, a bunch of the other awesome characters that could have appeared (Jack, Irina, Sloane) are all dead/stuck, so they can't show up, but I wouldn't mind a little fan service

myopics

[10]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 12
    The finale was awesome, but I didn't really like the closing scene. It was too happily ever after for me. Plus, that whole scene showing Sydney's daughter having abilities herself served absolutely no purpose and was there for nothing but cheap shock value.

I would have loved it if the final scene dealt more of the in-the-moment elation of Sydney and Vaughn knowing that they can finally go back to a (relatively) normal life together. It could have taken place at Jack's funeral or something, the mood being dark but optimistic.

Page_47

[11]Oct 14, 2008
    acero47 wrote:
    While I agree that they shouldn't make an Alias movie or anything, I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of cameo in JJ's new show Fringe. It deals with some of the same issues (fringe science is even mentioned during the first season of Alias). I'd love to see Marshall or Sydney in some sort of cameo. Unfortunately, a bunch of the other awesome characters that could have appeared (Jack, Irina, Sloane) are all dead/stuck, so they can't show up, but I wouldn't mind a little fan service

I've been thinking about this. Whilst the LOST and Fringe worlds can't be in the same 'verse (as the guy that leads their division is in both shows), just as LOST and Alias can't be in the same verse either (unless there's a whole CIA-director segment of Locke's backstory they're saving for season 5), Fringe and Alias COULD be co-existent, as there are no inter-cast problems I can think of. I think it would be interesting, but probably unlikely for Sydney to show up, given her availability as a hollywood mum, but if any of Rachel, Director Chase, Dixon, Peyton, Katya, or Sark or any other Alias characters I've missed off showed up it would make my day. Fingers crossed for tonight then!

Page_47

[12]Oct 14, 2008
    myopics wrote:
    The finale was awesome, but I didn't really like the closing scene. It was too happily ever after for me. Plus, that whole scene showing Sydney's daughter having abilities herself served absolutely no purpose and was there for nothing but cheap shock value.

I would have loved it if the final scene dealt more of the in-the-moment elation of Sydney and Vaughn knowing that they can finally go back to a (relatively) normal life together. It could have taken place at Jack's funeral or something, the mood being dark but optimistic.

Whilst I really liked the closing scene (perhaps even more than the episode itself), I like that alternative. I think the purpose of the last scene of Alias was to a)provide definite CLOSURE by showing Syd and Vaughn living semi-retired, married, with kids in 5 years time, b) to show that they had achieved their goal, in that they'd fought for a world in which their gifted daughter didn't have to put her talents to spying, and could be anything she wanted, and c) to leave just enough of an opening for a film or TV movie in case they got the chance in the future!