Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Ep 1.1 Truth Be Told

tvfan332

[1]Oct 14, 2006
    • level: 37

What do you think of the pilot episode, truth be told?

I bought the first season recently and I have to say that this is the best tv pilot I have ever watched.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

buffylives4eva

[2]Oct 14, 2006
    • level: 6
    I completely agree. I was hooked from the very first episode. I also got many of my friends into the show just by convincing them to watch the pilot.

Page_47

[3]Oct 14, 2006
    • level: 11
    tvfan332 wrote:

What do you think of the pilot episode, truth be told?

I bought the first season recently and I have to say that this is the best tv pilot I have ever watched.

Absolutely. I've never seen a better pilot. It was an amazing start to an amazing show!

Gachil

[4]Oct 16, 2006
    • level: 12
    I absolutely love the pilot.  Now that I have it on DVD I must have watched the thing 20 times, but I could always just sit down and watch it again.  It is in my opinion one of the best pilots episodes ever.  It was able to introduce the characters and set up major story lines while keeping the viewer on the edge of their seat with ever passing second. 

downthedip

[5]Oct 23, 2006
    • level: 8
    It's definitely up there with the best pilot episodes in all TV, in my book.  I'll have to try and watch it again some time soon.
    It's interesting to think about all the things that changed between it and the series finale.

gunslinger78

[6]Oct 25, 2006
    • level: 1
    I actually started watching the show at the begining of the 4th season when it aired on tv. I have since seen all episodes and the first of season 1 is actually one of my favorites

archangelcory16

[7]Nov 5, 2006
    • level: 32
    I agree with it being one of the best TV pilots I've ever seen. (Among Lost, Desperate Housewives, Veronica Mars, Supernatural, and Traveler.)

abuck4skij

[8]Nov 6, 2006
    • level: 3
    It is hands down, the best pilot I've ever seen. It set up everything, EVERYTHING, for the seasons to come. There was so much character development in that one episode. The characters were so real, so tangible. It was art. I recently began renting the DVDs all the way from season 1 just to watch the entire series over again. Season 1 as a whole is incredible. I remember why I was hooked in the first place.

starspike

[9]Jan 7, 2007
    • level: 9
    I also recently started of with Alias. I consider it somewhat of a "24 lite"... It's really cool. I just finished watching episode 14 'The Coup'... It's really good. But first I have to watch episodes 3 and 4 of 24

4get2morrow

[10]Jan 8, 2007
    • level: 6
    it's SO much better than 24, IMHO. (I do like 24, but it falls short of the bar set that Alias set so high) it had me hooked right away, an addiction that's ceased to diminish. I can't even express how much i love this show.

sweetsteph

[11]Jan 11, 2007
    • level: 13

The first episode I ever saw of Alias was 'Doppelgänger' so I never actually saw the pilot when it first aired. Once I got hooked, I bought the DVD's and watched the pilot. I was then dissapointed that I had waited so long without seeing the pilot! It was EXCELLENT and one of the most amazing first episodes for any show in a long time. It was almost like a mini movie than a tv show pilot. JJ Abrams is amazing and out of the pilots for his shows, and I have seen every one, 'Truth Be Told' is the best by far!

SVU_CSI_Xfiles

[12]Jan 12, 2007
    • level: 15
    I loved the pilot episode, but Alias is the kinda show that since I watched it, I know have to keep going.  I got my mom and my sister hooked too!! 

OrsonWright

[13]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 19
    I agree with everyone that the pilot was perfect... it's not often a pilot completely grabs you and makes you want to watch the show like "Truth Be Told" did.  The protagonists were all quite likeable right from the start, and it was exciting and fun to watch.