Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Francie

xEmmiex63x

[1]Feb 3, 2007
    • level: 6
    Ok so I haven't seen all of alias, I just wanted to know about Francie, I know that she was evil or something. But what exactly happened?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

athevolunteer

[2]Feb 3, 2007
    • level: 20
    Sloane had Allison Doren be "helixed" to look like Francie. She kill the real Francie so she could pretend to be her.

xEmmiex63x

[3]Feb 3, 2007

Thanks. But what do you mean by helixed? and how did Sydney not notice it wasn't Francie, and how did she find out?

bonniekean

[4]Feb 5, 2007
    • level: 5
    Project Helix is the name of the experiment they go through to make a clone/double of a certain person.

Sydney didn't notice because Allison was able to act like Francie well enough.

HOWEVER, Sydney started noticing Francie was acting weird, but didn't quite peice the puzzle together. Then in the season 2 finale, she asked Francie if she wanted some ice-cream which Francie accepted.

But it was like coffee ice cream or something, which Francie absolutely hates. So Sydney goes and gets her gun, then Francie realises she knows and they have this massive fight that like destorys their home, which is later burnt down to make it look like Sydney died.

In a nut shell...

athevolunteer

[5]Feb 5, 2007
    Sorry I didn't elaborate.

xEmmiex63x

[6]Feb 5, 2007

Thanks, that is really helpful So she was cloned then, aww I loved Francie!

bonniekean

[7]Feb 5, 2007
    • level: 5
    So did I!
    As soon as you have the relief of SD-6 taken down FINALLY, you then realise her best friend has been killed and some crazy lady is gonna be living with her now!

Superdawg519

[8]Feb 12, 2007
    • level: 7
    I loved that punch at the end of "Phase One," when the camera pans from evil Francie to good Francie. They said on the commentary for that episode that they were originally going to put that scene at the end of "Double Agent" (the one with Ethan Hawke, where his character and Sydney discover that his character wasn't the only one doubled). It would have made sense in the context of that episode, but I think it was such a perfect end to "Phase One." Even though I feel so sorry for poor Francie!

OrsonWright

[9]Feb 20, 2007
    • level: 19
    That scene was what made the superbowl episode.  Without the shocking end, I must say that episode was rather weak.

Still, I wish Francie wasn't killed off... the show lost its heart.  After this, Sydney didn't have a life outside of the CIA and after Will was also written off, she had no real friends.  It would have been great payoff if Francie was still alive somewhere, and there were several doubles around.  Though I'm sure some would have felt cheated.

supperkat

[10]Mar 5, 2007
    I agree it was a stupid plot idea from the get go francie was a good friend to sydney. Why that plot idea is was boring and not good, it took away from sydney's life outside of the CIA it was good she had friends she could talk to.

heart_sark

[11]Apr 13, 2007
    Francie is totally dead. I wish they hadn't changed that too. She was so nice and she was really good for sydney. I don't know if it was because I saw her dead but I could totally tell Francie was not herself. I can't believe Syd didn't notice right off.

Synetech

[12]Apr 13, 2007
    • level: 22
    For the record, it's not actually cloning. Cloning creates a new entity, whereas Project Helix was taking an existing person and transforming them into someone else by "anthroforming" them with the target's DNA.

I'd have to check the timelines, but I believe that Dungey was returning to King of Queens at the time. (I just checked and it lines up.)

athevolunteer

[13]Apr 15, 2007
    OrsonWright wrote:
    That scene was what made the superbowl episode.

Totally.