Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Holy crap just got the box set!!

  • Avatar of Doobie718

    Doobie718

    [1]Nov 21, 2006
    • member since: 06/20/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 166
    Holy hannah!! I had it on pre-order from Amazon Canada and I got it in the mail today! It is absolutely AMAZING!! WAAAH! So clean and neat looking. The discs are the same as the individual season discs, all packaged neat, plus a book with writers/producers/actors answering questions about Rambaldi, the show etc that were never addressed. Very cool!

    Just to let anyone know, I have seasons 1-4 in mint condition if anyone is interested. I thought I'd try here first before going through ebay, so if you are interested, let me know and we can hook something up!


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of reeppi

    reeppi

    [2]Nov 21, 2006
    • member since: 07/24/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 68
    How does the opening of the box works? Mine is coming from Stares to Germany and then to Finland, takeas about 1-2 weeks At least my box gets to see some world
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JJ_Alias

    JJ_Alias

    [3]Nov 21, 2006
    • member since: 04/15/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 63

    ^^lol at reeppi ^^.

    Well, i am in a slight pickle. i ordered the region 2 set, being of the region 2 part of the world and all. My god what a disappointment!

    It's just the five normal boxsets shoved in a box WITHOUT, and I repeat, WITHOUT THE BOOK!

    Not even worth a second look. It is currently in its box, ready to be returned. I'm ordering the region 1 set.

    But yey for you two for getting it! lol

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Page_47

    Page_47

    [4]Nov 21, 2006
    • member since: 07/08/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 811
    WAIT.

    Have you checked thouroughly?

    The book and special disk are supposed to be in a HIDDEN COMPARTMENT!

    CHECK!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of oveg

    oveg

    [5]Nov 21, 2006
    • member since: 06/22/05
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 155
    I ordered mine yesterday! should arrive between nov 25th - nov 28th! I havent seen the fifth season yet so YAYAYAYAYAYAY! i cant wait............. But im a 16 livin in the uk so i have my GCSE mocks in like a month so i have NOTHING to be happy about.................
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of athevolunteer

    athevolunteer

    [6]Nov 21, 2006
    • member since: 07/28/06
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 3,158
    Heeeheee I'm so anxious to get mine in the mail from WalMart.com : DDD
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Page_47

    Page_47

    [7]Nov 21, 2006
    • member since: 07/08/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 811
    oveg wrote:
    I ordered mine yesterday! should arrive between nov 25th - nov 28th! I havent seen the fifth season yet so YAYAYAYAYAYAY! i cant wait............. But im a 16 livin in the uk so i have my GCSE mocks in like a month so i have NOTHING to be happy about.................


    Lol don't worry - mocks mean nothing, as longas your work for the real things.
    I got Cs and Ds for my mocks and 5As and 5A*s for my GCSEs so just don't worry about em and ENJOY SEASON 5 ALIAS IT'S THE BEST!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JoeyzPizza47

    JoeyzPizza47

    [8]Nov 21, 2006
    • member since: 07/04/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 568
    I ordered the box today and i can't wait until it comes in the mail!!!! I love that the show is getting the treatment it deserves
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of archangelcory16

    archangelcory16

    [9]Nov 21, 2006
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 9,413
    I am so upset still. The damn thing shipped on Sunday and won't get here until at LEAST Friday, at the earliest! And I paid for TWO-DAY shipping! Ugh!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of slicksean22

    slicksean22

    [10]Nov 21, 2006
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 56

    I bought the Complete Series box set today at work (I work at Best Buy for you U.S. folks) and I'm a pretty big geek...and I have the previous four seasons on DVD from buying them over the years since they've come out that I also bought the Season 5 set as well....So I pretty much have two copies of the series because like I said...I'm that much of a geek. LOL. Geek and I pretty much love this show to death.

    I will say that the Complete Series box set is amazing, it's really cool and looking at it just makes me wanna jump in and watch every episode from 1 - 105 right now and not stop till it's over. ::sigh:: I really like the bonus "hidden" disc in the Series box set, I personally got a little chocked up during one of the special features. One thing I'm kind of dissapointed with in terms of the Season 5 set alone is I'm almost possitive that there are no audio comentaries on any of the episodes and if th ere are any of you out there who have given the audio comentaries a listen on past sets you know that they are amazing, specially when they are with Jennifer and JJ or Jennifer with other cast members...they are great. Besides that both sets are great and it they just make me fall in love with this show all over again!

    -Sean

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of invadermidnight

    invadermidnight

    [11]Nov 21, 2006
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 28
    The box is completely awesome.  The little book is awesome.  The hidden Disc is beyound amazing.  I am only on the 3rd feature and it's so already worth it.  I had seasons 1 through 4 and sold them as soon as I heard for certain the complete set was coming.  Especially with it being limited edition and all.  I pre-ordered it through Best Buy it came out today and I got it today.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Page_47

    Page_47

    [12]Nov 21, 2006
    • member since: 07/08/05
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 811
    slicksean22 wrote:

    I bought the Complete Series box set today at work (I work at Best Buy for you U.S. folks) and I'm a pretty big geek...and I have the previous four seasons on DVD from buying them over the years since they've come out that I also bought the Season 5 set as well....So I pretty much have two copies of the series because like I said...I'm that much of a geek. LOL. Geek and I pretty much love this show to death.

    I will say that the Complete Series box set is amazing, it's really cool and looking at it just makes me wanna jump in and watch every episode from 1 - 105 right now and not stop till it's over. ::sigh:: I really like the bonus "hidden" disc in the Series box set, I personally got a little chocked up during one of the special features. One thing I'm kind of dissapointed with in terms of the Season 5 set alone is I'm almost possitive that there are no audio comentaries on any of the episodes and if th ere are any of you out there who have given the audio comentaries a listen on past sets you know that they are amazing, specially when they are with Jennifer and JJ or Jennifer with other cast members...they are great. Besides that both sets are great and it they just make me fall in love with this show all over again!

    -Sean



    Actually I think there's loads of audio commentaries! There's supposed to be one for the first episode, episode 8, episode 9 and the 100th episode! Plus I'm almost CERTAIN an audio commentary with Jenniefer Garner and JJ Abrams is either an easter egg or already available for the last episode.

    GO FIND OUT!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of athevolunteer

    athevolunteer

    [13]Nov 22, 2006
    • member since: 07/28/06
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 3,158
    I've gotten mine. My dad and I figured out the "hidden" (as Sean said) area. I love it to death. It is a must have for Alias fans.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jamescush

    Jamescush

    [14]Nov 22, 2006
    • member since: 12/25/04
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 77

    I got mine today!!!

    And two season 5 Disk 1's!

    I'm gonna have to e-mail Wal-Mart or Buena Vista for a replacement.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of archangelcory16

    archangelcory16

    [15]Nov 24, 2006
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 9,413
    Right now I am confused and pissed off. According to Amazon, my package has been delivered. But, it hasn't. No UPS truck came by. I'm worried that they delivered it to the wrong house but I live in a big subdivision and can't very well go knocking on every door to ask em if they have my package. UGH.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gunslinger78

    gunslinger78

    [16]Nov 25, 2006
    • member since: 01/19/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 18
    I went and bought my Rambaldi box at a  Best Buy close to my house. I was so excited to open it and have a look that I didnt pay attention to how the lid goes on lol now I can't get it back on cuz im to afraid to bend or break it but the contents of the box are "wicked cool" if any of you would like to helpme put the top on my box I would appreciate it
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Doobie718

    Doobie718

    [17]Nov 25, 2006
    • member since: 06/20/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 166
    It's by magnets. Fold up all four sides, and the lid fits *inside* the sides. Try that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Doobie718

    Doobie718

    [18]Nov 25, 2006
    • member since: 06/20/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 166
    archangelcory16 wrote:
    Right now I am confused and pissed off. According to Amazon, my package has been delivered. But, it hasn't. No UPS truck came by. I'm worried that they delivered it to the wrong house but I live in a big subdivision and can't very well go knocking on every door to ask em if they have my package. UGH.


    OHHHHH man, that sucks large!!!! it'll be ups on the hook for sure
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Doobie718

    Doobie718

    [19]Nov 25, 2006
    • member since: 06/20/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 166
    JJ_Alias wrote:

    It's just the five normal boxsets shoved in a box WITHOUT, and I repeat, WITHOUT THE BOOK!



    I would imagine that's what people will get once the special editions are sold out. it says right on the lid of my box, limited edition, only 40,000. Pretty cool
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gunslinger78

    gunslinger78

    [20]Nov 25, 2006
    • member since: 01/19/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 18
    wow that was fast I took my dog out and came back to see that you had solved my problem thanks a ton
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.