Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

Holy crap just got the box set!!

JJ_Alias

[21]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 8
    Doobie718 wrote:
    JJ_Alias wrote:

It's just the five normal boxsets shoved in a box WITHOUT, and I repeat, WITHOUT THE BOOK!

I would imagine that's what people will get once the special editions are sold out. it says right on the lid of my box, limited edition, only 40,000. Pretty cool

No that's not it. I've checked other sources; the region 2 version is just as I described mine as. I've ordered the region 1 version. It's coming on Tuesday!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

athevolunteer

[22]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 20
    gunslinger78 wrote:
    I went and bought my Rambaldi box at a Best Buy close to my house. I was so excited to open it and have a look that I didnt pay attention to how the lid goes on lol now I can't get it back on cuz im to afraid to bend or break it but the contents of the box are "wicked cool" if any of you would like to helpme put the top on my box I would appreciate it

Heehee My dad had the same problem. I was like look you do it this way. xD

archangelcory16

[23]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 32
    Doobie718 wrote:
    archangelcory16 wrote:
    Right now I am confused and pissed off. According to Amazon, my package has been delivered. But, it hasn't. No UPS truck came by. I'm worried that they delivered it to the wrong house but I live in a big subdivision and can't very well go knocking on every door to ask em if they have my package. UGH.

OHHHHH man, that sucks large!!!! it'll be ups on the hook for sure

Still no sign of my package! I'm getting worried and more upset.

athevolunteer

[24]Nov 25, 2006
    archangelcory16 wrote:
    Doobie718 wrote:
    archangelcory16 wrote:
    Right now I am confused and pissed off. According to Amazon, my package has been delivered. But, it hasn't. No UPS truck came by. I'm worried that they delivered it to the wrong house but I live in a big subdivision and can't very well go knocking on every door to ask em if they have my package. UGH.

OHHHHH man, that sucks large!!!! it'll be ups on the hook for sure

Still no sign of my package! I'm getting worried and more upset.

Well check your billing/mailing adress that you had for Amazon or whatever you used. If it's correct you should have nothing to worry about unless you have a bad UPS guy.

JJ_Alias

[25]Nov 26, 2006
    • level: 8

I don't know how it works where you come from, but if something's supposed to be signed for, and there's no one around my house to sign for it, it's taken to the post office, and you hjave to go there to sign for it. But then again, when they do that, they leave a note telling you to go there.

I'd get phone numbers and call directly to whom it concerns. That's not on, you deserve your DVDs man!!!

archangelcory16

[26]Nov 26, 2006
    JJ_Alias wrote:

I don't know how it works where you come from, but if something's supposed to be signed for, and there's no one around my house to sign for it, it's taken to the post office, and you hjave to go there to sign for it. But then again, when they do that, they leave a note telling you to go there.

I'd get phone numbers and call directly to whom it concerns. That's not on, you deserve your DVDs man!!!

Well we order big packages all the time and they never ask us to sign, they just leave it on the porch. First thing Monday, though, I'm gonna call around.

athevolunteer

[27]Nov 26, 2006
    archangelcory16 wrote:
    JJ_Alias wrote:

Well we order big packages all the time and they never ask us to sign, they just leave it on the porch. First thing Monday, though, I'm gonna call around.

They only have you sign when you answer the door. If you don't they just leave it. Thats what we do here at least.

archangelcory16

[28]Nov 26, 2006
    WHOO-HOO! I got my package! They delivered it to the WRONG. FRACKING. HOUSE! At least the lady brought it here. She was two days late, but whatever.

athevolunteer

[29]Nov 27, 2006
    archangelcory16 wrote:
    WHOO-HOO! I got my package! They delivered it to the WRONG. FRACKING. HOUSE! At least the lady brought it here. She was two days late, but whatever.

I'm glad you got everything straightened out. Enjoy the set!

Doobie718

[30]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 4
    OH, MAN, so glad you got it sorted out!!!

amberoo777

[31]Nov 28, 2006
    • level: 1

wow, that is about all i can say.  i got mine off wal-mart.com  so much cheaper than enyone else and recieved it the day before thanksgiving.  i havent gotten to the endgame disk but have seen all of season five over again.  now i have seasons 1-4 that i bought for about 20 bucks each set two used and two new.  and have the box set on top of that.  i am soooooo gonna check out the endgame disk and was it just me or did that little book answer a few questions.  i just knew i knew everything about this show and all the sudden i find out i had no idea.  way too cool.  anyways i hope you enjoy your set as much as i have enjoyed mine.  i still hate the fact that jack died, so not fare.  later!!!

ber_roo

Edited on 11/28/2006 11:58pm

Page_47

[32]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 11
    Welcome to the forum, amberoo777

Can somebody please tell me what audio commentaries are on the season 5 DVDs? At first it was advertised there would be one for 'Prophet Five' (including Victor Garber), 'Bob' (including Rachel Nichols and David Sanders), 'The Horizon' (with some writers and I think possibly Ken Olin or Jeff Pinkner), 'There's only one Sydney Bristow' (with the production crew but no actors), and - and these are the ones that got me REALLY excited (but not that way ) - either 'Reprisal' AND 'All the time in the world', or just 'All the time in the world', with Jennifer Garner and JJ Abrams!!
    But more recent specs for the DVD have implied that those last audio commentaries aren't on the set. Are they? If not that's very odd, it's very unlike the Alias crew to let the last episode go without a nice audio commentary bonanza.

Also - can someone clarify for me that the book isn't included in the Region 2 release? If so could someone maybe sometime post up some of the stuff that's in it? Thanks

amberoo777

[33]Dec 1, 2006
    • level: 1

hey thanks!!!    by the way i so know what you mean about the commentaries.  i cant figure it out.  im sure this is gonna sound crazy but, there are two different box sets???  the cube rocks i couldnt have asked for it to be any better than it is.  well maybe a commentary or two with jenn and jj but other than that. 

about the little book, it is just that, so awesome and did give me some info that even i didnt know.  shocking!!!    im pretty sure its just questions people came up with on the rambaldi website and producer/writer/director/actors answers.  there is also a letter from jj that starts it off, pretty awesome if you ask me.

there are lots of rambaldi questions like, how does rambaldi influence the world of alias?, what is rambaldi's endgame?, is syd, sloan, or any other characters related to him?, what is the prophecy?  etc.  then there are questions about, well, what i consider the family, syd, jack, irina, sloan, nadia etc.  questions about who is really good and evil with most of the typical flip-flop G.vs.E. characters.  then one of my favorite sections of the book, questions asked the writers.  so funny to see some of the questions and how they were answered.  for example, who was deep throat?, it was irina.  what are some storylines that never say the light of day?  more irina stories.  etc.  it is just a mixture of all kinds of stuff that you may or may not expect.  i know i learned a thing or two and it was way too fun.  i only wish it would've been a larger book with more.  hope that answers some of your questions.  let me know if you have any more and i will see if they are in the book.  did the endgame disk come with the second pack???  there is quite a bit more on that disk.  i know there were some things that if you were really invested in the show it would be hard not to get emotional watching.  too sad.  

ber_roo

lhaddix

[34]Dec 1, 2006
    • level: 3
    I think I will wait a couple of years to get it.

archangelcory16

[35]Dec 2, 2006
    lhaddix wrote:
    I think I will wait a couple of years to get it.

If you do you'll probably have to buy it USED because they could sell out before then, they're only making a limited number.

Page_47

[36]Dec 2, 2006
    • level: 11
    NEVER MIND.

I've done what most Region 2ers have done: bought the region 1 set. I knew before that the region 2 didn't come with the book, but now I've found that it DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THE SPECIAL PACKAGING FOR THE SERPERATE SEASONS - They're in their normal packaging, put in a CARDBOARD RAMBALDI BOX!
    Argh this in unnaceptable.
    So I'm keeping my region 2 set, and when my region 1 one comes I'll just put the region 2 discs in that set. So there I should be all set by Christmas I guess Buena Vista have REALLY sucked me dry on this one

Doobie718

[37]Dec 5, 2006
    • level: 4
    In the interest of helping anyone who cannot find the Rambaldi boxed set, I am willing to get it for you and ship it if you want. There are at least 4 at my local Futureshop for $$210 CDN. With shipping I can probably send it to someone in the US for under $200 US.

Just a thought for anyone!

reeppi

[38]Dec 7, 2006
    • level: 5
    Oh my, the box is fabulous! It was very much wotrh the money and waiting. Good I teared up when I opened it the first time. guys alias is really over...