Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

How did you first get into Alias?

Vyce3

[1]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 14

A friend of mine had told me this show was great and made by the person who created Lost, which I had bought on DVD and loved from start to finish. So I went ahead and bought all the seasons (except five because it wasn't out yet) and man was I in for one hell of a ride. By the end of season 4, when the car accident happens, I simply jumped off my couch, I couldn't believe it

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dmarex

[2]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 103
    I've watched the show since the beginning 'till the end and I have never given up on it. It was always great. When I saw the first few episodes I though... God, this is amazing! And then came season 2. And I was surprised. Amazing. Season 3 was still great. Season 4 was something new and still great. And season 5 wrapped up everything just great. Which is why "Alias" is the best spy-action show of all times. At least for me.

bonniekean

[3]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 5
    I had always seen it on TV, but never fully understood what was going on.

But whenever I watched an episode, I HAD to finish watching it, and couldn't go to bed, because it was so good.

I only recently bought the first 4 seasons on DVD and have finished season 4. I love it

grimface_87

[4]Feb 6, 2007
    • level: 21
    i think i caught about the fifth episode when it first aired (it was an anna VS sydney episode) and just loved it. I didnt miss an episode after that one and have all the DVD box sets

crazy_chick37

[6]Feb 7, 2007
    • level: 6
    I got into it because my friend told me she wanted to start watching it. I trusted her because she got me into Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I really liked it). So I watched Alias...and fell in love.

tvfan332

[7]Feb 8, 2007
    • level: 37
    I bought the first season on DVD, and I was hooked, now I own all the seasons on DVD! It's an awesome show!

GameCuber018

[8]Feb 9, 2007
    • level: 1

The first night I watched Alias was the night of the Super Bowl in 2003. I had vaguely heard of the show's title before, but I had never watched it, or even considered watching it. Then, like every single commercial break of the Super Bowl, there was a commercial for that night's episode of Alias, in which Sydney was in lingerie on the plane. I had also seen previews for Daredevil and thought Jennifer Garner was smokin' hot. So I convinced myself I had to watch Alias that night. I had little idea of what was going on, but I watched it and thought it was awesome. It turns out it was a huge turning point in the series, so I was kind of able to just pick up from the new direction it was going. A few weeks later was one of my favorite episodes, "Firebomb," and then the finale blew me away. That fall I bought Season 1 the day it was released on DVD. Every episode was spectacular and by the time I finished, I got Season 2 for my birthday in December. I quickly got all caught up on everything and I watched it all the way to the end on TV. I kind of hated how they moved it from Sunday night to Wednesday nights, though. For awhile, Sunday nights were for Alias and I looked forward to that every week. I recently decided to go back and watch the whole series. I just finished watching the eighth episode, and it's still just as great as ever.

IsaVauSark

[9]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 4
    Over the summer of 2001, I'd seen commercials for Alias while watching Jeopardy. Whenever seeing them, I'd complain "That show looks stupid!" However, upon sitting down and watching the pilot episode with my mother, my tune changed: I was hooked.

Unfortunately, as there was only one TV in the house at the time, I completely forgot that it was on and only got back to watching when the episode Q&A aired. I've watched it ever since and now own the entire series.

Draiodoir

[10]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 6
    I seen the ads for it on sky one when it was first airing and knew I simply had to watch it. I remember watching the first episode and thinking "this is gonna be brilliant"... 

krainierd27

[11]Feb 11, 2007
    • level: 2
    Bought a dvd collection of season 1-4 and after a week i watched about 18 episodes. the Q&A (episode 17) is a good episode to watch when you want to have a recap on what has happened so far. Even my parents has watched it since its fast-paced and not boring.

Superdawg519

[12]Feb 11, 2007
    • level: 7
    Season 3 was my first season. My high school friends told me I had to watch it, so I did just to appease them. And, of course, I got hooked very quickly (who wouldn't after seeing Sydney, in her red dress blow up that car in Prague?). All of junior year, my friends and I had our own Alias cult -- we would always rush into class to discuss it each Monday morning. I missed one of the episodes, "Conscious," because the broadcast was delayed until late at night, but my friends brought it in on tape the next day. We made our whole high school orchestra watch it, and everyone cheered when Syd punched Lauren! My friends had the DVD's of the first two seasons, and they let me borrow it. I finished each season within the space of about two days! It was weird watching it from the beginning after watching half of season 3. I had no idea what SD-6 was, who Will was, who Francie was, etc. And now, I'm even more of an addict then than my friends are! And I'm getting my college friends addicted to it, too.

AgentAlias01

[13]Feb 12, 2007

of all the people in the world to get me hooked on a show my grandparents got into Alias. they would always tell me that i would love this show where this girl goes under cover and beats the crap outta people.

i remember the day i caught a marathon of Alias on ABC family like it was yesterday. i was watching it and i could not believe how freakin amazing it was. i can remember watching the last ep of first season and the announcer saying turn over to ABC to see the 2nd season premier and after that i was obsessed.

i got first season the day it came out on DVD and it came with one of the prequel novels lol. i watched that in 4 days i could not stop watching it. i was amazed at the kick ass costumes Sydney wore and how fascinating the stories and characters were. Sydney quickly became a role model and Jennifer Garner quickly became my fave actress

i know only a hand full of people who watched Alias but we always had the best time talking about the show and confusing the crap out of everyone. i always said we were special people.

to this day i still thank my grandparents for telling me about Alias. without them i wouldn't be into half the shows i enjoy and i never would've known about the best spy show and spy to ever have been on the screen.

lakersgirl11820

[14]Feb 18, 2007
    I actually started watching it after I met Victor Garber at a charity walk. I thought it would be cool to see someone on tv that I met. After a few episodes I was hooked for life and Michael Vartan was an added bonus!!

agentreuben

[15]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 2
    A friend of mine suggested the show to me when we were talking about TV shows... The told me what this show was about... and I was curious to see what it had. Therefore I bought season 1 on dvd... later I bought the rest. I was hooked on them and was feeling sad that is was going to end... although I have to admit that it was going a little bit downhill.

electricpeppers

[16]Feb 20, 2007
    • level: 26
    I read some good reviews on amazon... though to be honest I'd always dismissed the show beacuse of it's premise. Recently I bought the first four seasons and I'm glad I did, it's an awesome show.

OrsonWright

[17]Feb 20, 2007
    • level: 19
    I started watching from the beginning.  I was interested in the show since I was a fan of "Felicity".

MetroidSA-X

[18]Feb 23, 2007
    • level: 20
    Actually, the season 4 premiere commercials just made the show look so good that I finally watched the show for the first time. I didn't really get hooked until I saw Welcome To Liberty Village though and I went out and bought season 1 on dvd and obviously loved it.

archangelcory16

[19]Feb 24, 2007
    • level: 32
    I had seen "Alias" before, on a weekend marathon on ABC, back in 2001, or early 2002. It was the middle of an episode and I had no clue what was going on and was bored so kinda forgot about it. For some reason I always had it in my mind that it was slow and sounded dull.

Then I got into "Lost" and by the time season one was over, I decided I had to give "Alias" a shot because I figured JJ Abrams was a genius. Fortunately for me, my local library had season one. I checked it out and watched it and loved it, but then I didn't finish the season and forgot about it again, and six months later I rented the first two seasons from Netflix, and then started buying the seasons. By the time I got caught up season five was already airing on ABC and I started watching it every week.

Alias is one of my favorite shows.

ilovnick

[20]Mar 1, 2007
    • level: 10
    i started watching it because i dont sleep much and at about 3:00am every night this show would come one and i noticed that mr coolson (micheal vartan) out of 'never been kissed' was in it so every night i would wait for this show and i had no idea what it was called after a bit i got really into it and i was in virgin one day with my mum and seen it there on the shelf, well it had to be had