Alias Forums

ABC (ended 2006)

How did you first get into Alias?

MFC_34

[21]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 9
    My friend started to tell me about it so i decided to borrow her first season and see if i liked it and omg i love this show!!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

katykoo

[22]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 5

Draiodoir wrote:
    I seen the ads for it on sky one when it was first airing and knew I simply had to watch it. I remember watching the first episode and thinking "this is gonna be brilliant"... 

Same here, I saw the ads and thought this looks a cool show and I wasn't disapointed.

oveg

[24]Mar 11, 2007
    • level: 6
    i was up one night just flipping throught the channels. I stuck with channel five (British TV), and it was season three. It was the episode where Sark and Lauren were trying to get that pulse bomb or something. And i remeber thinking 'WOW a lot happens in the last 15mins of this show'. Then i stayed up, after that season finshed i asked my sis to buy the first season, now, i have all FIVE! I know, it was love at first sight.

ErinBuffington

[25]Mar 12, 2007
    • level: 4

In the states they showed a double episode one year after the Super Bowl (it was season 2) and I decided to stay up and watch it.  I have been watching it ever since.  I went out the very next day and bought the season 1 DVDs so that I could see what I had missed.  I found the show very exciting.

I recently got my mom hooked as well.  I kept telling her that she would love it and one day she asked to borrow the season 1 DVDs after that she watched one season right after the other. 

I really do miss the show but I get my Alias fix via re-runs and DVDs.

confusedboy24

[26]Mar 12, 2007
    • level: 17
    Well I actually came into it pretty late (the series finale lol :p) I did see the commercial for the Season 5 premiere but didn't really know if I'd like it so I didn't tune in. Then a couple of months pass and I saw the commericial for the 100th ep I got way to confused in the first 5 mins and stopped. Once after her about Alias's end I decided to why not give it a farwell by watching it's last episode and thought it was mediocore. Now so months later I got the Rambaldi Collection and so far I've just finished Season 3 and it hasn't even been a week yet (tomorrow at 3 would be a week).

I think one reason I never really got hooked was that you really needed to watch the Pilot first to fully understand it's storylines, characters and style.

GameCuber018

[27]Mar 12, 2007
    • level: 1
    ErinBuffington wrote:

In the states they showed a double episode one year after the Super Bowl (it was season 2) and I decided to stay up and watch it.  I have been watching it ever since.  I went out the very next day and bought the season 1 DVDs so that I could see what I had missed.  I found the show very exciting.

I recently got my mom hooked as well.  I kept telling her that she would love it and one day she asked to borrow the season 1 DVDs after that she watched one season right after the other. 

I don't mean to be rude, but you're lying. The episode after the Super Bowl was "Phase One." It was an hour long, just like any other episode. That was the first episode I watch and I too became hooked right then and there. However, Season 1 wasn't released on DVD until September 2003, so you couldn't have bought it the very next day. That is just not true.

bonniekean

[28]Mar 13, 2007
    GameCuber018 wrote:
    ErinBuffington wrote:

I don't mean to be rude, but you're lying. The episode after the Super Bowl was "Phase One." It was an hour long, just like any other episode. That was the first episode I watch and I too became hooked right then and there. However, Season 1 wasn't released on DVD until September 2003, so you couldn't have bought it the very next day. That is just not true.

Couldn't it have been different years?

livin4Areason

[29]Mar 13, 2007
    I had just recently watch the movie daredevil and when i herd Jennifer Garner was in a tv show i knew i had to check it out. It must have been the beginning of the 2nd season i had been watching it 4 only 5 mins and thats when it hit me this is the BEST show eva hhahahah i luved it i then bought season one to catch up and now have everyone on DVD GREAT show

ErinBuffington

[30]Mar 13, 2007
    • level: 4
    GameCuber018 wrote:
    ErinBuffington wrote:

For future reference...calling someone a liar is always rude. Perhaps you should have asked if I possibly made a mistake or remembered incorrectly instead of calling me a liar. Very, very rude.

GameCuber018

[31]Mar 13, 2007
    The only reason I mentioned it was because there was no uncertainty in your post. You seemed completely sure of what you were saying, but what you were saying was completely bogus. I'm not sure how you could have mistakenly thought you bought Season 1 on DVD in February when it wasn't released until September.

purplepansy

[32]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 12
    i started watching when it 1st came out on Brittish Tv channel 4 when it moved to channel 5 i watched 4 a bit but it was on too late i wud miss sum i never watched it on any of the sky/bravo channels cos i dont have them channels sooooo i had to wait 4 em all to cum out on boxset in the end

Synetech

[33]Apr 13, 2007
    • level: 22
    I actually avoided this show at first. When it was first on, I disliked it for some reason even though I had not even seen it. I suppose it was because I don't like female characters that act macho and manly to get respect and prove a point.

Fortunately, last September Space announced that they would be airing Alias from the beginning. I decided it was a good time to find out what all the hubbub was about since I had always heard a lot of hype about it.

I tried to start watching it but missed the pilot. I figured that I would download the first episode so that I could catch up and follow along from the second episode on. Unfortunately I didn't get around to it for a while and by then I was a few episodes behind. I eventually downloaded them and (no surprise) was hooked bad. I also showed them to my mother and got her hooked as well. We couldn't wait for one episode per day and just downloaded the rest of the season. We watched that and continued it to the end of the series at which point I felt one of the worst series-finale-depressions ever.

Boy am I glad I gave it a shot. It's on my list of shows that I had low expectations for and was pleasantly surprised.

I've always got the memories. Thanks JJ.

ragnarok4773

[34]Apr 15, 2007
    my wife got me into it and i watched all the shows, loved the show

mony_gp

[35]Apr 24, 2007
    I gosh, I just looove the show.  When it started back in 2001, I didn't have cable, and the open TV channels didn't have it in their programing.  My mom would always tell me about it, did you watch? have you seen it?.. I wasn't really hooked whenever I went to my mom's cause her cable company did have it (we don't live in the same city, so changing the company wasn't an option) and I knew that when I went back home, I wouldn't be able to watch it again.   But luckly, my sister-in-law bought  the seasons and now we're currently watching season 2, midd season actually.  Now I'm tooootally hooked with the series, and sometimes I can't stop watching the episodes... it's terrific, really the best spy show ever.
    Edited on 04/24/2007 11:36am

mony_gp

[37]Apr 24, 2007

confusedboy24 wrote:
    Well I actually came into it pretty late (the series finale lol :p) I did see the commercial for the Season 5 premiere but didn't really know if I'd like it so I didn't tune in. Then a couple of months pass and I saw the commericial for the 100th ep I got way to confused in the first 5 mins and stopped. Once after her about Alias's end I decided to why not give it a farwell by watching it's last episode and thought it was mediocore. Now so months later I got the Rambaldi Collection and so far I've just finished Season 3 and it hasn't even been a week yet (tomorrow at 3 would be a week). I think one reason I never really got hooked was that you really needed to watch the Pilot first to fully understand it's storylines, characters and style.

Well yeah it's kind of hard to understand what's going on if you don't have a really insight of the story.  In my case I need to watch it with somebody that knows what it is about to be giving me hints about why they do this or that.  Because the time that I did it, I was at a lost, I couldn't understand most of the scenes and so I decided to get the previous episodes or read them in a page like this one.  Of course is more satisfactory when you watch it than when you read it. hehe..

athevolunteer

[38]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 20
    mony_gp wrote:
    I gosh, I just looove the show. When it started back in 2001, I didn't have cable, and the open TV channels didn't have it in their programing. My mom would always tell me about it, did you watch? have you seen it?.. I wasn't really hooked whenever I went to my mom's cause her cable company did have it (we don't live in the same city, so changing the company wasn't an option) and I knew that when I went back home, I wouldn't be able to watch it again. But luckly, my sister-in-law bought the seasons and now we're currently watching season 2, midd season actually. Now I'm tooootally hooked with the series, and sometimes I can't stop watching the episodes... it's terrific, really the best spy show ever.

Good luck on finishing the series. I'm sure you will love every second of it.

farscapefanuk

[39]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 32
    Season 5 just blew me away. Its a real shocker.

ApokMarko

[40]Jun 12, 2007
    • level: 3
    I conqere... I was left with my mouth open at the end of every episode, but the thing is I always knew what was about to happen, because it's become a fact that the most likely thing to happen will happen... Death o Andre Misho, Irina's death, Vaughn;s death in season 2... Sydney's comebacks and missions... However, I'm not badmouthing, far from it, got me interested to Milo Rambaldi!!!